Flying While Intoxicated: The MvC3 Iron Man thread

With the blessing of specs, Im making a new thread for Tony Stark aka drunkard aka manslut aka Iron Man

Iron Man’s MvC3 appearance is based on his less bulky, more modern “thin” look.

His English VA is being put through a voice filter, sort of like the animated Ultimate Avengers movies. The VA is Eric Loomis.

His Capcom “rival” appears to be Morrigan, with the two initially fighting and then eventually teaming up to save Viewtiful Joe and Amataseru (sp?). Backstory unknown at this time. No doubt Tony will have sex with Morrigan and come out fine. He’s fucking Tony Stark.

Iron Man leads a match with “Avengers Assemble!” if teamed up with other Avengers.

Iron Man is a jerk

Character Bio

Videos
Iron Man’s first appearance: the MvC3 official announcement teaser
[media=youtube]nzvE7e94Z_A[/media]

Some Iron Man gameplay is interspersed in this video (posted by Demon Dash)
E3 2010: Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Stage Show Demo Video from GameVideos

More gameplay, including Iron Man wave dash/tri-jump (posted by ssj2jeff)
[media=youtube]BahSJpXEKnE[/media]

Iron Man’s Level 3 hotness (posted by Kef)
[media=youtube]wfljN-4vGYQ[/media]

Iron Man’s theme, apparently a remix of War Machine’s (posted by Mr.PaVy-RD)
[media=youtube]4uvhIfiSfFc[/media]

Intro Quotes
"whatcha doin after this?"-to C Viper
"what just the arm? couldnt afford the rest of the suit?"- to rad spencer

Legend and notation
A = Light attack
B = Medium attack
C = Heavy attack
E = Exchange
2A= any two attack buttons (for Hypers) so A+B, A+C, B+C will all work if this notation is listed.
A1=Assist 1
A2=Assist 2
DHC= Delayed Hyper Combo
KFC= X-Factor Cancel
ad= Airdash
u=up
d=down
f=forward
b=back
cr=crouching
s.=standing
j.=jumping
sj.=superjump
xx=cancel
qcf=quarter circle forward
qcb=quarter circle backwards
srk=shoryuken motion
tk=tigerknee motion
[]=repeat whatever is between the brackets

Assists
A: Uni-Beam=Iron Man fires his uni-beam. projectile
B: Repulsor blast=Iron Man’s anti-air assist from MvC2, he juggles the enemy for 2-3 hits. good for setting up combos
Y: Smart Bombs= Iron Man shoots out a cluster of bombs from his shoulders. not a really good assist

Normals-Like Doom, Wolverine, and Tron Bonne, Iron Man has a modified but similar-looking moveset based on MvC2 and MSH.

s.A:
c.A:
j.A:

s.B:
c.B:
j.B:

s.C:
c.C:
j.C:

Specials

qcf.A = Unibeam (air ok). Iron man’s projectile attack.

qcb.A = Repulsor blast: same as assist

srk.A = Smart Bombs: Iron man lets loose a few bombs from his shoulders like in previous games. usable in air and OTGs, also might still be aimable.

Flight
qcb.E = The particulars of flight (combo potential, duration, etc.) are unknown at this time. it looks like a fast startup though

Hypers

qcf.2A = Proton Cannon: Tony busts out a bigass gun out of nowhere and fires a massive laser. mashable for extra hits.
Level 1 Hyper

srk.2A = Proton Cannon (angled): same as the regular proton cannon but angled upwards
Level 1 Hyper

qcb.2A = True Unibeam:Iron man dashes forward, grabs the opponent, drags them around the screen then unloads an epic unibeam upon them for 70 ish hits Level 3 Hyper

Strategy
Haunts has called Iron Man “linear” in his MvC3 preview; I DISAGREE. in all honesty i think Iron Man has the potential to become the face of this game like mags for mvc2. With a nasty tridash, more ways to combo into proton, smart bombs that otg, and a quick activating flymode, Iron Man looks simply disgusting IMO. only time will tell. Looks like a solid rushdown character

COMBOS!
repulsor blastxxProton Cannon
more coming soon…

reserved in case

IMs last assist is smart bombs IIRC.

Iron Man’s VA is Eric Loomis.

Pretty sure those rivals are just made up because both characters can fly. Always annoyed me how taking out his cannon which takes up a big amount of space with his beam knocks you into the blast. Would be interesting if when taking out the weapon it just pops you up but your able to block when falling because hey, less spam that way and every other projectile user has to think a little more.

I agree on the fact that Iron Man can be the face of this game. He just looks so well rounded and that Tri-jump will obviously make an impact, especially with the existance of unblockables.

Combo’s:

• ABCE > jump > ABCxxFlightxxABCExxUnfly
    Saw it in a video, but it was a while ago. Would need reconfirmation

• ABCE > jump > ABCE > land > (dash) > smart bomb > proton cannon
    probably don’t have to dash if your opponent is in the corner

• Unibeam > anti-air proton cannon
    Needs confirmation on whether your can do a normal proton cannon as well

• proton cannon > KFC > level 3

DHC:
Magnetic Shockwave > Proton Cannon
Proton Cannon > Icestorm/Elements
Possibly Maximum Spider > Proton Cannon?
Probably a lot more, the DHC version somehow appears faster to me than the actual hyper. Was pretty surprised seeing Mag Shockwave > Cannon so there’s lots to explore here…

To be tested: anti-air proton cannon > KFC > proton cannon
The problem with PCxxKFCxxPC is that PC is too slow and the opponent drops to the ground. Since anti air PC is higher up, I imagine they would fall into the normal cannon.

Iron Man’s j.C is aimable (diagonal up, horizontal and diagonal down). Smart Bomb can probably be aimed with the three attack buttons (A = close, B=med, C=far?). You can do about three in one superjump. Unibeam assist is really fast and does 8 hits. You can call unibeam and jump/dash over someone to attempt a crossup and you can combo out of it.
Repulsor Blast and Unibeam have different speeds/strengths and do more hits according to what button you press. Both assists appear to be the A version (or B) because they’re both pretty fast.
You can do a proton cannon off almost any ground hit, the cannon appearing hits them, making it combo into the beam.
He still has shoulder missle, which is probably df.C.

I’ve got more notes somewhere, ah well…

lol you are NOT going to have fun with this game if that bothers you.

I think smart bombs can OTG as an assist, since he does it on point in this video…

[media=youtube]XBmxNHuZoQY[/media]

Also shows you can do launch to j.AABC, double jump, BCE
That’s another for the combo list…

With DHC’ing into proton cannon, attacks with delayed effects probably work better (Mag Shockwave, Rekkouha, Gamma Quake, etc).

The real test is if Shinkuu Hadouken>Proton cannon works.

Horay for new and updated thread!

Flying While Intoxicated: The Iron Man Thread
Welcome to Starks Enterprises: The Iron Man Thread
No Cheap Cash Metal, I’m Steel Alloy: The Iron Man Thread

Last one is from Ghostface “Daytona 500”

If they add Johnny Blaze and Moon Knight in dlc I will only play that team. Wu Tang Clan Ain’t Nothin’ To Fuck With.

All I need is my unibeam

I had a guy hit me with Proton Cannon xx XFACTOR xx dash xx Proton Cannon when I was quite close to the corner. I’m not a shell head fan, so it might be in some of the videos already up but I’ve never seen it done before.

Or just “Superior Attack”

thanks for the info guys i will update this (and the thread title lol) soon

I thought it was “Superior Tech”.