Filia Basics & Combo Thread - Bad Hair Day!

hmm i dunno, i tried to do it against peacock. J.hk keeps whiffing unless you are in the corner. And if it’s suppose to work on her mid screen, then the timing for it is pretty damn tight.

Are you sure you’re doing it right? It’s st.HP launcher into j.HP, then airdash and do a j.LK, j.HK chain

Edit: Also, a tip: double tap forward with the stick instead of doing PP for the dash. You can buffer the dash during the animation of the j.HP this way

Edit2: Make sure you’re doing your j.HP at the apex of your jump

Added a simple meterless BnB I came up with this morning. Uses up an OTG.

Notes for landing it on the entire cast included.

i still whiff the j.hk
if i just do st.hp, j.hp, ad, j.lk, j.hk i can get it, but when i add lp, mk it whiffs

i just did cr.lp, cr.mk and the combo lands. i guess the standing versions timing is a bit trickier. i landed both thanks for the apex tip

Format of combos in the OP changed as well. Newlines are inserted at every segment the IPS would consider a new chain; makes customizing combos easier.

Cool, just wanted to let you know that my combo up there doesn’t take any meter. So it’s not a One Meter BnB.

Oh, for some reason I was actually reading the qcb.HK as qcb.KK. I’ll fix it.

How on earth is something like this a basic bnb!?

By basic I just meant meter use wise. The thing about this game is that the combo system is so free, that’s why I split it up; you can modify it to your liking. It’s not like SF where you’ll come to the thread, see a BnB, learn it and basically use that combo 90% of the time. You’ll adapt on the fly

My bnb:

st.LP, st.MK, st.HP,
j.HP, AD, j.LP, j.HK,
cr.HK, HK Hairball, Fenrir

damage is 5718
with j.HP, j.HK jump in it does 6616

without the super it does 4462, 5366 with jump in

This combo is way easier to do, does comparable damage, and builds less meter for the opponent.

I feel as though after the J.HK, the combo would be techable since you would knock down the opponent too fast before you can land to get a legit OTG. I haven’t tried it for myself yet, but i have a feeling it won’t be a legit combo.

Ground techable after the j,HK

Damn, just realized the OTG sweep can be tech-rolled out of. Alternatively, you can do:

st.LP, st.MK, st.HP,
j.HP, AD, j.LP, j.HK,
cr.LK, st.HK, Fenrir

for a little less damage, 5400ish I believe. I will have to do some more testing to see if I can re-optimize this.

As much as that is a decent combo, it’s pretty much the same as the one listed except it skips the restand altogether. The basic BnB can be taken apart and made into anything you want, the combo you listed is actually the combo I use in game for quick damage. I can list it in the OP though.

Edit: Nevermind, it’s tech rollable.

Thread updated yet again. This time, I changed the format quite a bit and focused on some Filia basics instead of just combos. I’ve changed the thread title accordingly too.

If I forgot anything under the basics just let me know.

My corner BnB if you want to add
anything into s.HP j.HK AD j.LK j.HP j.HK land c.LK s.MK c.HP drill s.MP s.MK c.HP drill s.LK s.MP s.MK c.HP drill s.LP s.MP s.MK c.HP drill c.LP s.MP s.MK c.HP drill s.HP uppercut super
deals around the 7000+ dmg on 1v1 from a jab and 8500+ from jHP AD jHP jHK
Basically its s.HP j.HK AD j.LK j.HP j.HK into loops
Also if you do the first part slow enough you can restand and go for other combos (like cMK sHK cMP cFP MP drill dash…) or mixups

How do you get the c.HP to combo into the drill? These corner loops look amazing, but I can’t seem to combo from the Scorpion Tail to the Drill.

Make sure that oppennet is bouncing and not restanding Keep a steady rhythm not too fast and not too slow and if it wasn’t obvious use LP drill

meterless, assistless 5k damage BnB

cr lk, cr mp, st hp, jmk, jhp, air dash, j lk, j hk, cr lk, st mp, st hk.

Works on pretty much everyone with slightly different timing on j lk.

This is doing 5k on what damage multiplier…?