Filia Basics & Combo Thread - Bad Hair Day!

It’s just…there’s already an otg in that combo right? you shouldn’t be able to follow up an air j.HK

Ahh, it’s not an otg, the j.LK after J.HK keeps them in the air. I can’t record myself right now but here’s a vid where Mike Z uses it. Around 14:55 for example. [media=youtube]pFkZYSJ0ObY[/media]

More corner combos. Honestly I’m getting sick and tired of testing these so I’ll just paste what I have now and move on to something else. Not sure what to do on Double yet. I’ll update the missing damage values and add a Double combo next week.

Starters:

1. Airdash j.HP j.HK 5MK
  2. 2LP 2LK 5MK

Basic version:
vs. CE*, FI, MF*, PC, PS*, PW, VA; 1) 8445/9530, 2) 6845/7930
5HP, j.HP j. HK, otg 2LK 5MK 2HP xx 236LP, 5MP 5MK 2HP xx 236LP, 2LP 5MP 5MK 2HP xx 236LP, 5LK (restand) 5MK 5HK xx 623HP xx -> [623PP] / [214KK, 5HP xx 623HP xx 623PP]

*vs. CE: drop the 5MP loop for consistency, vs. MF drop the 2LP loop, vs PS start with 5HP j.MK(1) j.HP AD j.HP j.HK otg 2LK etc.

Basic w/ relaunch:
vs. CE(w/o 5MP) FI, MF(w/o 2LP) PC, PS*, PW, VA; 1) 9015/9882, 2) 7415/8282
5HP, j.HP j. HK, otg 2LK 5MK 2HP xx 236LP, 5MP 5MK 2HP xx 236LP, 2LP 5MP 5MK 2HP xx 236LP, 5LK (restand) 5MK 5HP, j.LP j.MK(1) AD j.LK j.MP, 5LP 5MP 5MK 5HK xx 623HP xx -> [623PP] /[214KK, 623MP xx 623PP].

vs. FI, PC(hard), PW, VA; 1) 9065/10307 , 2) 7547/x
5HP, j.HK AD j.LK j.HP, 5LP 2HP xx 236LP, 5MK 2HP xx 236LP, 5MP 5MK 2HP xx 236LP, 2LP 5MP 5MK 2HP xx 236LP, 5LK (restand) 5MP 5MK 5HK, otg 2LK 5MK 5HK xx -> [623HP xx 623PP] / [623HP xx 214KK, 5HP xx 623HP xx 623PP]

-The hard part vs. PC is the J.HK AD j.LK, pretty tight timing.

vs. FI, PS, PW, VA; 1) 8777/10019, 2) /
HP, j.HK AD j.LK j.HP, 5LP 5MK 2HP xx 236LP, 5MP 5MK 2HP xx 236LP, 2LP 5MP 5MK 2HP xx 236LP, 5LK (restand) 5MP 5MK 5HK otg 2LK 5MK 5HK -> [xx 623HP xx 623PP] / [xx 623HP xx 214KK, 5HP xx 623HP xx 623PP]

-Can also work vs. MF and CE with less loops.

Also Pobega the combos I posted before were throw combos, the 1st post doesn’t specify that right now. And good stuff with the midscreen combos Catbond, I’ll try to learn those this weekend.

Anyone got a combo that would build one meter after a gregor samson?
Edit: oh and at the end of the corner drill loop, you can add a HP updo before fenrir if you do it fast enough.

Can someone make a vid of the basic BnB, corner loops, corner combo and corner juggle? I actually learn better if i see the combo instead of just reading text.

Spoiler

[media=youtube]l6VuakBJtLs[/media]

This is essentially the “Basic BnB” combo up there except with j.LP and j.LK switched around, but honestly I don’t think the combo is worth it, since the OTG is kind of tight and the combo doesn’t bring you closer to the corner or have good reset enders…

I actually think Filia should be using re-stand combos and putting assists in the middle for a bit of damage boost before going into resets/DHCs.

The most consistent re-stand combo starter I’ve tried is one somebody else already posted in the general Filia thread that involved st.HP jc j.LK, j.MP, j.MK adc j.MP j.HK.

Then you can follow it up with st.LP, st.LK + Call Assist, st.MP/st.MK, dash (iad j.HP, j.HK cr.LK) st.HP into some ender like j.LP j.MK HK hairball.

Or instead of iad j.HP, j.HK, you could end your combo with iad j.LP, j.LK, which gives you a super low to the ground +6 on hit j.LK which might be more or less frame advantage because of the landing. Then reset by doing a delayed low (so it doesn’t combo) or a iad j.LK (which may or may not whiff on Cerebella. D:) Your delayed low should catch jumpers/holding up-back. So you have the high/low, or you could cross up with iad j.HK, or do iad throw, land and do a low for a four way mix-up! IDK how legit the iad throw low is, or how reliable linking from iad j.HK is, but these are some reset possibilities for this ender.

Spoiler

[media=youtube]cTbzw13Zzqw[/media]

I made quick video of a few corner combos i posted. Bad quality etc. I have no experience with editing.

I really dislike how combos are character specific, because i feel that in the future when more characters are added, then there will be even more character specific combos which would then mean you’d have to learn one for each character. 8 may not be bad but what about when they add in the 40+ potential characters? :frowning:

Combos may be character specific but resets are universal.
:slight_smile:

In that case, you’d probably wanna just find a combo that works on everyone. They’re out there, just not optimal. If you want the edge to optimize damage all the time, you’ll have to put in the time to learn em. That’s … just how it goes.

I think there’s different levels of character-specific combos. Character-specific combos can’t be avoided in a game like this (different hurt-boxes and falling speeds) but you do want to make the BnBs as universal as possible.

If you have a different combo for every member of the cast, it could be problematic. You want to maximize damage in happy-birthday settings. You don’t want to hit Peacock and Double assist at the same time and not have a combo that will work on both of them.

Technically this isn’t true either. Yes you can throw/low reset everyone etc. but like with combos you can get way more damage with resets that aren’t universal. Stuff like instant overhead j.HK and iad j.HP cross up only work on select few characters. Also the combos that lead to resets are probably different depending on the character.

Personally I love the combo system in SG (so far at least). If you put in work you’ll get more damage. If you’re lazy/ not interested/ don’t have time, you can do more universal, easier combos that do less damage. Sounds fair to me.

Is it possible to combo after a throw midscreen?

I have been doing Throw > HK Hairball >Fenrir but this can be tech rolled out of, although no one online has escaped it yet.

Throw, HP Ringlet (assuming you didn’t throw them into the corner; if you did, skip this), [S]Fenrir[/S] Gregor Samson.

After a raw Fenrir, you should do a dash forward then st.LP, st,MK, st.HP for a launcher.

Does Throw, HP Ringlet xx Fenrir work midscreen? Or did you mean Gregor Samson?

^I think he meant Gregor Samson, no way in hell can you do a Fenrir mid screen after a throw.

you can do HK hairball without the tech-roll period. the timing is just tight.

Yeah, sorry, I got the names confused (lack of in-game movelist will do that); Gregor Samson.

i can’t seem to make this combo work mid-screen. when i do st.hp, j.hp, ad, j.lk, j.hk i can only land the j.lk i whiff the rest
am i doing it too fast?

Who are you doing it against? I think it might be character specific.

Edit: I just tested it, it works on the entire cast.