Felicia anchor.

I feel like I’m not the only one having issues with Felicia in 3rd spot. I’m having a bit of a dilemma with approaching some characters and some other stuff. Just a few problems:

Vergil. If I have to fight him and Felicia is alone, I have pretty much lost. Any attempts at approaching in the air or ground are stuffed by his normals. Namely S, L, and H. If he wants to, he can even use Spiral Swords and just sit there and there’s not anything I see Felicia being able to do about it.

Trish. Should be pretty self explanatory. It seems like the only thing you can do about her is wait for her to come down and fish for an air grab. If you mess up, you have to wait again. If she puts hopscotch down in front of her, there’s really not anything it seems you can do about that.

Dormammu. Less of a problem than the other characters, but it’s mostly Flame Carpet that can be troublesome. His cr.M is also annoying. He has a good anti-air tool and a good ground controlling tool, and that is what I feel are Felicia’s hardest characters to fight. Any character that can control the space in front of them extremely well.

That’s pretty much the problem characters I need a little help with. Notable mentions like Doom and Magneto can be crept on by wavedashing in so those I don’t need as much help with.

Another question: How do you all setup kitty helper unblockables alone in XF3 on characters coming into the match? What do you generally do on characters dropping in? Air grabs? Cat Spike M?

Also, what combo do you usually do in XF3? How do you usually get in with her alone?

For the most part, I very rarely give kitty helper time to actually be used for hi-lo but I always make a point of having her out on incoming. Depending on my opponent and my read I’ll either set up a meaty air delta kick H (go directly into PHM if it connects with a little followup to kill anyone that lives through it), jump blockstring, air throw occasionally. As soon as they land I start fishing for the command throw since you don’ t have to worry about kitty helper timing. More often than not, they’re stuck in blockstun or at immediate risk from kitty helper right when you land so they don’t really have any way to stop a command throw even if you have to dash back in from an AG. With that method tho, I do run into occasional timing issues where helper is messing up my S launchers. :confused: Still gets the job done more often than not.

In general, I don’t have much trouble getting in with her in xf3 since she’s so fast. I def. abuse her command throw as much as possible though. Unless I’m in immediate danger I try to use XF guard cancel > H command grab and that works pretty well against Vergil style characters. On characters like that I would say play as patiently as possible and then punish them when they come in on you. I go for normal ADK punishes against people that try hori. zoning or rolling buckler>neko punch>command grab (cat spike if I’m AG’d). It’s a little risky but if I’m against an opponent that likes to go for punishes I’ll go in with a slide cancelled into a command grab H since there aren’t many characters that can counter that (speed-wise.) I pretty much always try to find a chance to pull out kitty helper just for that added insurance. Trish has the issue where ADK is at the perfect angle to avoid a lot of her traps so try and abuse that when possible and always keep your meter in mind and go for a PHM punish if she goes for a round harvest or low voltage to try and keep you out.

for combos, I usually keep it simple. I do almost the same combo as non-xf aside from leaving one of the j.Ms off the jump loop portion to account for the speed difference…probably not the most optimized choice, but it’s been working fine for me so far.

c.L, s.M, 4HxxRolling BucklerxxSlide, s.L, c.L, (start here for throw combos) 3M, jc.MHS, s.MHS, sj.MMHxxADK (depending on meter or how much I hate the character I may just go for PHM directly off the ground bounce or dancing flash if it will kill to save time.) otherwise, s.HS neutral sj. HS (start charging sand splash on the way down), Sand Splash HxxDancing Flash.

I recently started playing this game again, and I’m trying to get good with Felicia. Right now, my team is looking like Felicia on point with Deadpool as second string, and Hawkeye as my anchor. Does anyone have and tips or suggestions?