FCS: Storm's instant overhead

The Float cancel short or F[COLOR=#00ff00]CS[/COLOR]***![COLOR=#0000ff]!***[/COLOR]
:u::u: :snka: :snkc: (land, dash in etc…)

Okay, so basically this is just a float cancel into short, but if you do the jump cancel really (REALLY) fast, you can get an instant overhead significantly faster than :u::u: :s:. This is really hard to do on most of the cast, and may be impossible on certain crouching characters, but is easier the taller the opponents crouch hitbox is. Hit training mode against hulk, c.viper, and super skrull and try it on each to get a feel for how lenient you can be with each body type. It may seem impossible on super skrull but trust me, its not.

To get an idea how this should look, try s.:snkb: :u::u: :snka: :snkc: (all 3 hits should combo). This is easier than doing the instant overhead from standing, since you can buffer the first up during the s.:snkb: animation. This combo isn’t really useful but it should illustrate what the FCS should look like. A FCS is really only useful to start a combo, so practice it from standing or from a dash.

This is HARD, but practice makes perfect. The ups have to be inputted more or less as fast as possible, too slow and storm will jump too high before floating and her j.:snka: will wiff entirely. I have no means of recording a video of this so if someone wants to that would be a great help.

Not bad, also probably ok that you made a new thread for it because I could imagine this getting lost in the weeds.

I think this would be nice when your setting up mix-ups.
If I didnt have enuf meter to do what I want I could see doing:
cr:l::m:cr:h: jc:uf: :df:LA land :m:cr:h: dash cross-under FCS back into BNB combo

or even better you could do a ground loop until the opp air techs out, then do the FCS, preferably after a cross under dash, if possible

yeah, good for the corner. can combo it 3 1/2 times for 201 k! LOL.

its definitely super fast. with perfect execution and getting it as low as possible its an 8-9 frame overhead.

will probably be really important to her offense in the future… but have you guys been getting float s blocked on reaction? it isnt really seeable imho.
but i always thought that there may be some form of fuuzzy guard to guess against it float h or s… fuzzy wouldnt work if they are expecting cr.L,cr.M cant fuzzy that and instant float.

good stuff.

-dime

I haven’t had many problems with people blocking it on reaction, but I have had problems with people pressing buttons when I’m going for a float s and getting hit out of it. This might be the answer to the problem :slight_smile:

Hmm. I’ll try it out before I make my final judgement.

u,u+S isnt that “slow” but you know…cool beans.

Is it u,u,s or u,u+s?

One of the gross things about it is that it even if it’s blocked (they’re blocking high to begin with), you can do something like :d::h: jump cancel :u::u: j.:l: j.:h: (land) :d::l:

The j.:h: and :d::l: seem to hit just moments apart, very hard to block even when you know it’s coming because of how the j.:h: looks when it activates.

This is awesome.

it kinda is. This helps you blow through Sentinel. Tried this out for the first time yesterday and it just makes his low B cry because you combo him out of it. Huge thanks for the help.

Meant to post this a while ago, if you delay the l just a few frames longer you can do a j.s after your j.l, for 2 uncomboed overheads

This generally isn’t useful really I’ve found except against sent or people that start blocking the float s

i kinda don’t get it. : (

yea me to i dont get it at all can someone do a tutorial to make it a lot better lmao please it will help alot

What part are you not understanding?

For the float short overhead it’s the same as her float S but because it’s a light it’s faster than her S then you chain the light into her heavy which gives you enough hitstun to continue the combo once you land.

If you’re still not getting it I can make a video demonstration if needed.

everything lol i am a little new with strom so i dont understand is the insant overhead

I havent seen this done yet so a video would be cool