Fantasy Strike - easy to execute fighting game

Next event!

1 Like

out of curiosity, how many people did you had last time?

1 Like

We had 8 play as I dropped out to keep it even numbers. Shouldā€™ve had 10 players but a couple of guys showed up a few mins too late!

40% off on Steam right now.

1 Like

Our 2nd EU Fantasy Strike tournament is over, the winner is:
:1st_place_medal:Neb
:2nd_place_medal:2nd place is Ulrik
Congrats to all players! Was a fantastic event, especially with the great stream by SirlinGames :fire: Next one in a few weeks - watch this space! :grin::+1:

VOD for the stream:

(for next couple of weeks usually on twitch). I will put up my matches on youtube later and FS should be uploading some from the stream too I believe.

Feedback I got was a couple of players would prefer the event to be later, and a couple more couldā€™ve made it if weā€™d run it later. One player would prefer it earlier but unfortunately this is already at the earliest time I can do it realistically, and I donā€™t want the event to run too late for CET time people.
Everyone was happy with it taking longer to be able to stream more matche, it was still a pretty quick event well <2 hours which is my target.
Any other comments please let me know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Playlist of all my matches from this tournament:

1 Like

Hereā€™s the full replay of the tournament stream. Fantastic job on commentary by Leontes and CWheezy, featuring every player that entered:

Some game footage and a new patch. Fixed a bad matchmaking bug, minor character balance change.
Also, some performance enhancements.

Recent tournament footage. Good quality gameplay if youā€™re looking for how to approach some matchups.

This week itā€™s on twice and at a very EU-friendly time:

Weekly Fantasy Strike Rank Up Night

"This weekā€™s is early on Friday (noon PST, or 3:00 p.m. EST, or 8:00 p.m. UTC, or uhhh 5:00 a.m. Saturday morning in Japan) and an hour later on Saturday (6:00 p.m. PST, 9:00 p.m. EST, 2:00 a.m. Sunday UTC, and 11:00 a.m. Sunday Japan time) "

1 Like

European Fantasy Strike folks! Thereā€™s no official ā€œRank Up Nightā€ stream tonight, but as many of us who can should still get on tonight anyway and play online matchmaking, ideally Ranked mode! I (Remy77077) will do an unofficial stream of matches when I can do, aprx 22:00 CET

Ok Iā€™ll be streaming another Unofficial (Unprofessional) EU Rank Up night for Fantasy Strike tonight! 8pm UK time, 21:00 CET. Hopefully with a guest or two on the mic too. https://www.twitch.tv/remy77077

1. Get online in FS
  2. Get in the Ranked queue (and casual too, if you like!)
  3. PROFIT!?!?!

Add me in game (Remy7077) or on Steam (Remy77077) if youā€™d like me to watch & commentate on your matches (plus add any co-hosts so they can watch too!)

In case you havenā€™t heard, weā€™re doing another EU-friendly time Fantasy Strike Rank Up Stream for you all tonight :smiley:
20:00 CET, 7pm UK time

1 Like

https://fantasystrike.challonge.com/Summer_Solstice_2019

Weā€™re doing an online tournament. Entry is free for anyone interested (but there is prize money).

1 Like

We got a release date! The game even has crossplay (with exception of PS4 <=> Switch because Sony forbids it).

1 Like

Interesting.

Bumping because this game has me hella curious.

1 Like
2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ConsoleGamingLG/status/1156610713558953989?s=20

1 Like

Bought this on the recent sale. Itā€™s surprisingly fun. Iā€™m aware of the good feedback but subconsciously I never really believed it but yeah, this is good. Turns out taking away execution doesnā€™t necessarily make a game dull. This is basically the Mario Kart of fighting games (minus the snaking), so you kind of have to wonder why people only now start making fighting games like these (RIP Rising Thunder).

Iā€™m still adjusting to not being able to crouch, thatā€™s kind of messing me up a lot at the moment. Having a blast with Jaina so far. Sheā€™s a two-star character but everyone whoā€™s ever played a SF game in their life should have zero trouble picking her up.

2 Likes

And NOW with full cross-play, after Sony finally stopped them doing it -

2 Likes

Monday Night Strike! - Casual Commentary Stream (Europe focused)

Now this has proved to actually work successfully, I ought to publicise this more! :smiley:

Every Monday Night: 8pm UK time, 21:00 CET

My ā€œcasual commentary streamā€ for my Agoners site/twitch, doubles as an unofficial European timezone friendly ā€œrank upā€ night too, as thereā€™s usually a bunch of extra players in the queue for this.

No rules. Just be my friend in FS (Remy77077), and I may well commentate your matches on stream, just for fun, if you play Monday Night from approximately 8pm UK time (21:00 CET). I focus on European players, but no-one is excluded as such!

Highlights added to youtube weekly too:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHh8puoYhQf4d459Xz_YUFA