Family man patriarchy remix (Guile strategy thread)

Hey, guys, I had a few of questions I was hoping someone could help me out with:

1. I noticed that Guile can link 2 cr. MPs on characters with larger hitboxes. Does anyone happen to know exactly who this link works on and when it works?

2. Most of the good Guile players I’ve seen or talked to use Flashkick as his primary anti-air. Is cr. FP really only used when you don’t have time to charge the Flashkick?

3. This is the biggie… I know that comboing into super isn’t too terribly important to Guile’s gameplay, but in ST, in general, I am pretty much clueless as to how to combo into any supers. Does anyone have any general advice on that? I also use Ryu and Fei-Long a bit.

Sorry for all the fundamental questions; I’ve always been primarily a 3rd Strike head, so this is all really foreign to me. :slight_smile: Thanks for the help!

1.) I don’t think anyone’s going to have the answer to this, so I’d just test it myself if I were you

2.) Cr. fierce is you best anti-air if you don’t have your flashkick charged. Against opponents jumping in from far away though, spinning backfist is a better option.

3.) I’d go to the Guile thread in the Super Turbo section. People talk about it on and on and on. I think there’s even a thread labled something like, “How the F do you combo supers?”

Side note: can anyone plz confirm whether what I said in my last post is correct? Still waiting on that one…

Double Post!

I was wondering if anyone had any good gameplans/strategies vs Akuma. In particular, is there a way to keep him from jumping your sonic booms and air fireballing? The only thing I could think of is getting him to jump late via good mixup, then asap jump towards him and fierce (or maybe forward/rh?). I tried this against my 9 year old brother in training mode and it seemed to work decently, provided that he didn’t jump right when I threw it. Sometimes I’d fierce him, sometimes I’d get an air throw, sometimes i’d get a fireball in the face. But then again, he’s 9. I find it hard to believe that it’s not safe for Guile to throw sonic booms from 3/5 screen. I doubt this works, but does anyone have another method?

Any additional tips for the c. lk x3 xx flashkick combo? I guess the biggest part I’m having trouble with kara canceling the rh flashick with standing lk. Either nothing happens, I jump straight up, the standing lk comes out followed by nothing or the flashkick is blocked (In this case I’m not hearing the lk whiff sound so I’m guessing I’m not getting the kara)

I even tried cutting it down to 2 c. lk xx flashkick thinking it might somehow be easier but I keep getting c. lkx2 xx s. lk xx flashkick for four hits instead of the kara’ed 3 hit combo.

Since, the standing lk is coming out, that means I’m doing the kara cancel too slowly, right? Is there something wrong with my inputs?

I’m doing: c. lk x3, (stick at neutral) st. lk~up hk.

Is there a better way of doing it or something?

earlier today i did a weird 2 hit wakeup overhead sonic boom combo.

after you knock your opponent down, throw in a jab sonic boom early enough so that the tail end goes slightly behind the guy then overhead him. if timed correctly, the overhead should knock the guy back into the sonic boom.

When you’re too close back rh also gives you the god damn overhead and neutral roundhouse gives you the shitty close rh (really fucking irritating). I just use the sobat when I get that close to avoid any problems.

More genius game design from Sirlin. :rolleyes:

I think Sirlin should have given him the old AA roundhouse as neutral roundhouse from a distance.

It worked great as AA in the old WW, CE, HF, Super. Infact I should have posted it when Sirlin was taking in ideas on his web page…damn it

The upside down kick change was intentional and is good IMHO. This way you can be certain of an upside down kick no matter your distance from your opponent.

By the way has anyone found a good counter to Blanka’s slide? The only counters I know for Guile are to predict and flash kick it, or to sonic boom it when Blanka starts or ends the slide, but the timing for both has to be exact. c.short trades and loses to it. Blanka’s the one character that I don’t have a good strategy against.

I use stand short or jump straight up fierce besides what you mentioned above.

stand short, jump straight up fierce, and back roundhouse, as well as a correctly timed flashkick guess all beat blankas slide.

Does anyone have a good option for after you successfully overhead dictator in the corner? Seems worthless to me cause its like you give him a “get in free” card.

I think a lot of it has to do with good timing. When I first started learning this combo, I always seemed to not connect the two c.lk in to the s.lk even. If anything, just make sure you do hold the lk button down after the st.lk and don’t hesitate to push the stick up + hk for the flashkick. I think it can be almost instant right after the s.lk hits.

Thanks. I’m already holding lk after the standing lk to make sure that lk flashkick doesn’t accidentally come out, but I’m still having major problems getting this combo to work right.

Which Flash Kick did Sirlin say now counters Vega (Claws) slide? Is it the RH or Forward kick?

I have only been able to play the game once and I haven’t tried it yet. And there is tournament soon so I really need to be prepared for that tough match.

RH Flash Kick help me to hit Vega’s slide on a match online but I havent tested it enough though
anyway, Guile became my favorite char but I have been having problems dealing with Bison and cammy.
My problem is not when Im far away, I know how to play if I have distance, but the pressure when they get a chance to get close its really annoying
anybody has an advice on how to deal with the devil’s reverse?

I find it so weird since I dont know where is he gonna land, or if he’s gonna hit me at all, or if he’s gonna land for a throw

any help?

I’m really sorry if this has already been mentioned somewhere else in the thread, but I was wondering how Guile combos into super with his new super motion. If there’s already a thread in which it is explained, can someone point me in the direction? Thanks a lot!

I’m pretty sure this idea was already mentioned. Guile’s already got improved RH Flash Kick and SB mix up with the overhead. Classic s. RH would make him WAY too good

Bison and cammy both fight kinda similarly in that they both sit on you with relentless attacks and don’t want to let you out of range. The difference is that Cammy has cannon spikes to pester you with and Bison can capitilize a lot more on mistakes. There are other differences in how you play them of course, but this is the main difference.

With Cammy a lot of the game comes with forcing her to attack from above or below. You should be keeping up with short range sonic booms (fierce for max pushback) or c.mk, and punish her spikes with the spinning backfist (make sure you ditch SB charge before going for the backfist, this can be tough to get used to). In the air, c.fierce CAN beat most everything she can do, but this is very difficult. Have flash kick ready if possible of course. If she’s just waiting mid-short range, try throwing out some crouching jabs just to get her to react with something while keeping both your charges. You have to play a very reactive game against cammy to slow down her offense. If she won’t stay out of the air, you simply have to get good at timing c.fierce to at least trade. It is your best friend here.

Bison is IMO much harder. If he is close up and you guess wrong once, you can get dizzy and die. I guess the number one rule is do NOT let him close in on you. React to his headstomp with either an aerial or flash kick, or c.fierce if you have to (it will probably trade at best). Once he gets in, your one goal is to get him the **** away ASAP. You cannot survive against a good bison at close range. Roundhouse flash kick is pretty useful if you can avoid him blocking it because it will usually get you enough distance to start a runaway game. There’s no real answer to his offense in the corner because this is exactly what his game is all about. You have to play safely, learn his habits, and figure out an opportunity to get back into long range.

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/street-fighter-hd-remix-vega.html

At the bottem of Sirlin’s Vega article he says “Guile used to have no real answer to Vega repeatedly sliding. But now Guile has 2 answers: roundhouse flash kick and the new overhead.”

How does the overhead help against Vega’s slide? That hitbox under Guile’s upside-down makes him still extremely vulnerable to sweeps and slides. Can anyone explain this?

Bump ^