Fadc ultra 1.. wtf

So I’ve been playing since vanilla. Just started using ken when ultra came out. Is there a trick to fadc dp into ultra 1? Ex dp comes out 19 out of 20 tries… maybe I punched my stick too much?

ya just gotta be fast, there’s no real trick to it, just plain speed

however, this little tip might help… when you go to do the focus cancel, hit forward and focus at the same time that way you only have to hit forward one more time to cancel, it saves you a split second. Maybe you’re already doing that though but if not it will save you valuable time.

Not with Ken’s HP DP.

You’re doing it too fast essentially. You’re probably hitting 2P then MK which causes the ex DP to come out. So hit HP DP > delay > MP+MK > dash > ultra. You also won’t get the full cinematic unless it’s a counter-hit or you hit them airborne.

Thanks guys I’m getting better at it.

Even to this day I get ex dp, not often, but it happens.

What drives me nuts is I can do it just fine on the player 2 side but for some reason it’s so much harder on player one side.

All practice and muscle memory. Keep at it, and you’ll slowly get better. Compare say a week from now and you’ll notice the improvement if you regularly practice it.

Break the combo down into small parts:

First do SRK>Focus x100, then Focus into Dash x100, then Dash into Ultra x100 times from both sides.

Couple of things that can go wrong:

1. You fuck up the dash, which results in a level 1 focus attack coming out. Just practice dashing 15 minutes per day into both direction from both sides (I swear your brain fucks with you. Doing the same motion feels different on P1 and P2 sides).
  2. You fuck up the Focus. As mentioned above SRK>Focus helps.
  3. You fuck up the Ultra so practice dash into Ultra

Also negative edge can be problematic. If you get a SRK it can mean that you hold the focus buttons down too long and release them during the Ultra motion resulting in an SRK. Just tap the buttons instead of holding them down to fix that.