Evolution2K3 updates, results, upsets etc

The announcer was cool. “View Sonic.” We need him to announce mvc2.

The “pause” button during those vf4 matches kinda sucked, too.

Yeah, somebody left on a stretcher. I was told it was Pyrolee but I’m not sure. I hope he’s okay. When I saw him they had him on oxygen.

Does anyone know much about Mago? Only thing I’ve seen about him before is that he’s a “New face. He’s been playing CVS2 and classified as top players. Very friendly and cool guy.”

…and now he’s sitting in the winners’ brackets in both CvS2 and 3s, not to mention the loser’s bracket of GGXX. Pretty damn impressive.

Good job Mixup, top 16 is still good by all means amigo, by all means. :slight_smile: You repped hard for EC, EMS, and Atlantic South and we’re all proud of you.

Soo… Good god man you’re a monster. Never knew you were that good, but I guess when shits on the line you’re just a hungry mother fucker huh? :slight_smile:

Clock and Shadyk are MvC2 hero’s of mine, ever since I started visiting their old website, good to know Clock still can place top 16 even if he isn’t using cable/storm/capcom and what not, and Shadyk coming out of a sort of retirement (I’ve heard nothing for so long) to make top 8? Most definately makes me smile.

Keep up the good work, and I hope America places top 3 in GGXX.

-Red

At that point MaddogJin (top Korean player expected to kill everyone here at the tourney) got eliminated (I believe that’s the match you were watching, at least)

man is this thread turning into another hang on mixups nuts thread:( every other post someone is talking about mixup who isnt in the final 8. haha anyway he did good i guess.

does anyone know if brackets will be posted online?

Anyone know who all qualified for the final 32 man bracket for 3s?

Or possibly have brackets for this?

hey DBA – since i couldn’t attend EVO, i’m leaning towards n for my 3S fix. since there hasn’t been talk of it in a long while, i was wondering when you will start promoting it again, and will the plan of holding regionals to allow players still hold true? i know you’re in japan and all, so no rush. :slight_smile:

Can anyone make a flow chart of the ec v.s. wc and who beated who? (like in the first japan v.s. usa match).

Oh yeah i want to see soomighty ocv justin. Let me see it.

Man don’t hate, he repped hard for us who couldn’t go, also there were a lot of people doubting him. Now lets hope that shit ended.

Anyways, EC didn’t do too hot but there is always next year :evil:

YA!…oh wait…http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38251
:stuck_out_tongue:

N-Joy! :smiley:
BINK!

Yo GREAT JOB EC!!! Team tourney wasn’t sucsessful but no matter, yall hold that shit down in singles!:cool: I am suprised wigfall didn’t freeze up at EVO, but like facal penance said “I guess he must have gotten comfortable”

I am shocked that ricky isn’t in top 8 for cvs2

I also hear soo was beastin a lot of people

Dag, diago perfected onhuki for last battle, crazy stuff.

Mixup despite our problems in the past, I could care less about that petty stuff anymore. Great job on getting TOP 16, and don’t worry because row is a beast and atleast you got a game off of him. FL will really be taken seriously like people said.

I gotta report back to philly with all these updates now, today will decide all for mvc2/cvs2. Wow, this is exciting

I am sorry to hear somebody left on a stretcher, ouch:(

Well since ricky isn’t in top 8 in cvs2, JUSTIN WIN CVS2 IF YOU CAN. I think Diago will win personally though.

So david lee is out of mvc2?

1 KO
2 KSK
3 Daigo
4 Ino
5 Paulee
6 Lifetimeboy
7 Hsien
8 Ohnuki
9 toMago
10 Hungbee
11 Rockefeller
12 Watson
13 Victoly
14 Gee-O
15 Frankie3s
16 Arlieth
17 Mopreme
18 SVGL kid
19 KenI
20 Pyrolee
21 Ricky Ortiz
22 Justin Wong
23 Oosma
24 J.R.
25. BAS
26. Matsuda
27. ???
28. ???
29. ???
30. ???
31. ???
32. ???

Not in any particular order, and that is all that I can remember. I’m sure someone can fill in the blanks.

!!! where in the hell is choi? and y is ricky so low. and does that svgl kid happen to be oliver or daniel? would help alot. thanx

Wasn’t putting them in order, was just listing them off the top of my head. I put the numbers up so that I could see how many I was missing.

The SVGL kid played a red urien. That’s all I know about him.

ok, thats looks like daniel then. hes a short shit.

That’s not 3S results, that’s just who qualified, just like DBA asked for. Read more than the most recent post. =P Final eight are KO, Ricky, KSK, Ino winners, Mark, Hsien, Nuki, Daigo losers.

Randy plays Spiral, in Cable’s body.

Caught STSFN Syndrome.

Dunno if this was reported, but Daigo beat Ohnuki with a Perfect (N.Ryu over N.Chun) to win ST. It was close, but Daigo began winning by a larger and larger margin. I hear Daigo is expected to take XX also, but I don’t play that.

Dr. B was about a pixel and a half from beating Daigo in CvS2. Daigo had no clue what to do against a good S-Groove player, and Dr. B was taking full advantage…good match. Shame CvS is only one game here. Ricky Ortiz beat Daigo in 3S, and Justin Wong narrowly beats The Man, John Choi, at CvS2.

Talking to DSP on the phone

Justin says he used that team in team tourney because get this hes saving storm/sent for the singles because that team is unbeatable and he doens’t wnat to give it away he said after he lost to soo he was extremely depressed and angry and he destroyed the other 4 WC players but is still pissed that team EC lost so hes going to tear it up in finals today no sandbagging .

no bullshit about it.