Evolution2K3 updates, results, upsets etc

Ino didnt use his old K team
He used N Chunli/Blanka/Sagat, or atleast he said he was.

any more news on that guy that supposedly went out in an ambulance?

Good job Mixup…way to rep for your hometown…and for the EC…

Also…is it true about WC winning the 5 on 5…such bullshit…we needed Sanford there to even it all out :slight_smile:

HVS

final score was 16-9

soo went undefeated against ec

wigfall lost all matches to wc

thats all i remember from there im sleepy as hell

hvs: im sure its fair that ec got ricky ortiz, a guy who lives in nor cali :confused:

Hi! Posting in random hotel rooms is fun. I’m in #TOSF right now–IN REAL LIFE@!!! WOWOWOW

OK, so in GGXX -----

UNDEFEATED:

1. ID!! :slight_smile: (Sol, SOL Cal)
  2. AZNHITLER!!! =) (Johnny/Eddie, TEXAS!)
  3. Daigo (Sol, JPN)
  4. Miu (Sol, JPN)

ONE LOSS:

1. Kono (Eddie, East Coast)
  2. Alex Tan (Sol, plays on pad, SOL cal. wow!)
  3. Eric Choi (Baiken, Nor Cal)
  4. Mago (Johnny, JPN)

Ok I’m going to drink more people’s beers bye!!!

Update

Just got back from the tourney saturday night…

WC wins MvC2 team challenge against EC 16-9

-SooMighty was the only undefeated player on either teams, he even beat Justin (ocv)
-Justin won 4, Ricky won 2 (ricky took sanfords spot), and the other three were between mixup and X, i dont think wigfall won any
-Teams: Justin-Mag/Cable/Sent-A, Wigfall-MSP, Soo-MSP, Kuan-Sent/cable/capcom, Genghis-Sent/Cable/capcom, Rowtron-Mag/Storm/Sent-A, MAG-Mag/Storm/Sent-A, Ricky-Storm/Sent/Capcom, Mixup-Mag/Storm/Tron, X-Mag/Cable/Sent-A
-Sucks Sanford couldn’t be there =(

Uhh what else…Daigo won ST with ryu, 2nd was ohnuki with chun, 3rd was john choi with sagat

Mvc2 Final 8 are Justin, Soo, ShadyK, Randy Lew, Josh Wigfall, Kuan, Row, Ricky Ortiz…
-Justin, Josh and maybe Ricky are all in winners
-I remember that Soo and Kuan are in losers…not sure about the rest.

Gonna be good tomorrow =D

Mixup had 2 wins (I think against Gehngis and Kuan), Wigfall had 0.

Biggest crowd pleasing moments at EVL so far…

1. Soo vs. Justin (5 on 5)
  2. Clockw0rk vs. Justin, game 2 (semifinal)
  3. Some Tekken 4 match where Jin loses to a Xiaoyu clone, for some reason there was a big crowd and people went nuts when Jin lost. Maybe someone else can explain why.
  4. That one guy who used Gambit/Morrigan/SonSon on the big screen and won.

For those reasons alone, everyone should buy the DVD.

they start at 11 sunday morning and tekken tag is the first game, marvel is the last.

Kitsune: That was JustinK playing Gambit/Morrigan/SonSon.
And I dunno, I think that Japanese announcer could tie with Soo vs Jwong. He was freakin’ awesome.

Btw, someone needs upload that match quick, because everyone deserves/needs to see it. OCV + 235235 resets + 4 snapback combo on Jwongs last char = omfg pawnage.

The Gambit/Morrigan/SonSon guy was a great change of pace from all those Storm/Sent/Commando mirror matches. He rules.

The Japanese announcer was awesome at first, then I realized that I was watching the VF4 finals, which is a game that I have absoultely no knowledge of.

The biggest crowd displeasing moment by far was when the PS2 froze TWICE during the VF4 final. How come no one called the Korean guy on switching characters after the PS2 froze? Not that it mattered though.

The announcer was cool. “View Sonic.” We need him to announce mvc2.

The “pause” button during those vf4 matches kinda sucked, too.

Yeah, somebody left on a stretcher. I was told it was Pyrolee but I’m not sure. I hope he’s okay. When I saw him they had him on oxygen.

Does anyone know much about Mago? Only thing I’ve seen about him before is that he’s a “New face. He’s been playing CVS2 and classified as top players. Very friendly and cool guy.”

…and now he’s sitting in the winners’ brackets in both CvS2 and 3s, not to mention the loser’s bracket of GGXX. Pretty damn impressive.

Good job Mixup, top 16 is still good by all means amigo, by all means. :slight_smile: You repped hard for EC, EMS, and Atlantic South and we’re all proud of you.

Soo… Good god man you’re a monster. Never knew you were that good, but I guess when shits on the line you’re just a hungry mother fucker huh? :slight_smile:

Clock and Shadyk are MvC2 hero’s of mine, ever since I started visiting their old website, good to know Clock still can place top 16 even if he isn’t using cable/storm/capcom and what not, and Shadyk coming out of a sort of retirement (I’ve heard nothing for so long) to make top 8? Most definately makes me smile.

Keep up the good work, and I hope America places top 3 in GGXX.

-Red

At that point MaddogJin (top Korean player expected to kill everyone here at the tourney) got eliminated (I believe that’s the match you were watching, at least)

man is this thread turning into another hang on mixups nuts thread:( every other post someone is talking about mixup who isnt in the final 8. haha anyway he did good i guess.

does anyone know if brackets will be posted online?

Anyone know who all qualified for the final 32 man bracket for 3s?

Or possibly have brackets for this?

hey DBA – since i couldn’t attend EVO, i’m leaning towards n for my 3S fix. since there hasn’t been talk of it in a long while, i was wondering when you will start promoting it again, and will the plan of holding regionals to allow players still hold true? i know you’re in japan and all, so no rush. :slight_smile:

Can anyone make a flow chart of the ec v.s. wc and who beated who? (like in the first japan v.s. usa match).

Oh yeah i want to see soomighty ocv justin. Let me see it.

Man don’t hate, he repped hard for us who couldn’t go, also there were a lot of people doubting him. Now lets hope that shit ended.

Anyways, EC didn’t do too hot but there is always next year :evil: