EVO2K13 Abel's

So anyone going to Evo? It would be fun to compare notes.

I see in the brackets 801 Strider, Alex Smith, Shinba and Splurgendii. I’m really excited to watch Shinba.

THAT is IT. There are none. Abel Is Dead Again! HAHAAHAHAH…shit…he is so not gonna be in next street fighter…

I fear no one will make it out of the pools.

im making it out of pools. look for Z Panda.

801 Strider and Alex Smith both have easy pools, with no notable player in it, so they shouldn’t have a problem qualifing in winners.
Shinba is in the same pool as Latiff. At worst he shuld qualify in losers, buit Viper is not that bad for Abel, so maybe Shinba is able to put Latif in losers. Splurgendii also has a nice pool, no top player.
Basically all Abel players should qualify.

I’ve qualified out of pools two years in a row taking out top players here and there.
you can count on seeing me in quarter final pools :wink:

I would very much like to see it happen :wink:

only top player i have in my pool is CJ Truth, pool C7

Hope you guys do great!

Waited 4 hours to see an Abel, and when Rico started his set, my computer crashed.

FML. Did he win?

Made it to winners finals in my pool, was beat by CJ Truth and then killed in losers by Akuma player.

More practice…

seriously, learn a second character. Attempting to play vs Akuma with Abel is just not worth the time (act on the assumption your opponent has likewise skill). As much as I like Abel, he’s just not viable in certain matchups, just switch, it’s not a shame.

Had a fantastic run at evo . Made it out of pools in winners. Put the fear of god in tokido and nearly made it out in top 32. And today is only Saturday. Still some more sf to come. Will upload footage in the coming week for you guys to see

Had a fantastic run at evo . Made it out of pools in winners. Put the fear of god in tokido and nearly made it out in top 32. And today is only Saturday. Still some more sf to come. Will upload footage in the coming week for you guys to see

Evo 2013 Abel matches

Wins

Losses

http://youtu.be/oJ0i39WI3P0

http://youtu.be/yYELcB-0SWk

i get headaches when the commentators dont know anything about Abel :frowning:

The sad part is my Abel is lightyears ahead of any other character I would pick, so I’d still prefer to play Abel. If I was a bit more sharp I could have won the match, I just played sloppy and lost. Abel can win these matchups, he just needs to played on point, and keep the other characters out.

If the akuma plays also “on point” you lose. s.hk, thats all he needs

[quote=If the akuma plays also “on point” you lose. s.hk, thats all he needs
[/quote]

St.HK is a great tool for Akuma to use, but it is beat-able. You can stuff it with cr.mk and st.lk, ex cod, ex TT, back dash works well too if your spacing is good.

Abel only needs 3 to 4 good reads to kill Akuma as well.

The matchup is definitely in Akuma’s favor, I’m just saying I’ve beaten good Akuma players and won’t switch characters because of the matchup.