Evo Joystick Thread

I just like the #2 method of sitting with the stick on my lap, on the floor I can’t play cause my legs fall asleep. No matter which position I put them at, I’m just weird like that I guess.

sit on the floor

I have a small Sanwa stick so that’s perfect for me

well my current stick isn’t a mas, but I like those. I’ll check this guy out and send him a pm or something thanks

INDUSTRIAL STRENGH velcro is the solution, not that weeny stuff on backpacks

Method number 1 kills my back. It’s bad enough I’m not very flexible from sitting down in a computer chair a lot, and sitting down on the floor and playing, hunched over, is even worse.

Playing with the stick in my lap works perfectly fine. Using a Japanese stick means less effort for making input, so there’s no real need to make sure it won’t move around. I don’t make inputs into my stick like I’m swinging a baseball bat like some people feel the need to (@_@), so the stick does not move around at all for me.

tickling the other player works best, imo.

I actually use a TableMate to play on at home sometimes.

TV tray FTW!

chair with stick on my lap all day i’m too tall to be on the floor that shit hurts my back and my stick is to low to be bending over it on the floor

and as long as your’e not mashing the fuck out of it i’ve never had it move on me

Just sit your stick on top of a 12 pack of whatever it won’t move then.

Dude that was clever. Did you think that all up by yourself? Btw, your stick idea is genius. So mobile and free, pure genius. <3

I just want pics of that at the airport and my life will be complete

-potts

Also, I think sitting on the floor is best for games, doesn’t get more sturdy than the floor lol.

what the fuck ever kid

i use the namco T5 stick:
put some of those friction rubber pads under the stick, and just put the stick on top of the box it came in.
shit works decently enough for me.

Pay a midget to hold it.

Super Glue

I find that american sticks are hard to keep still, cause they’re so big, so I dont’ use em often, even though i have a few good ones. Whenever I do use em, I put them on the floor.

Japanese sticks are better for console in my opinion because they are easy to keep still in your lap and they are usually smaller. I’m really comfortable sitting down in a chair and playing with a hrap in my lap, it feels perfect, but thats probably cause I’ve been doing it that way for a while. I think that you can get used to anything so if you play enough with the stick in your lap, it’ll start to feel a lot more comfortable.

HA, 10-4 that… you’ll be surprised on how I do it… hey, when are you guys getting to vegas? Thurs?

First time I saw the milk crates, cords, and stick was when Eder first came to an evo event some time ago.

I seen a couple people use this crazy stle at this past evo… while they sit down they put right leg over the joystick and actually play while its actually under they’re kneecap. That was the first time I ever seen some people play like that so I cant really explain it that well. And to note, they played pretty damn well doing such a method.

Florida guys are genius here. Mixup had some crazy “carpet adhesive pad” thing we played on down there that was aces. I want whatever the hell it was: it was amazing.

I play on the floor with my MAS on the floor and my stick locked into place between my kneecaps. It makes my legs go to sleep after a while, but it’s the only way I can get the joystick not to move. 5 degrees of movement == lost game in Marvel.

yeah i do something like this too Preppy but i use my THREE LEGS TO hold my stick in place :slight_smile: