Evil Vs...: Final Word on Blackheart

As the life of MvC2 draws nearer to a close, I just thought I’d say some final words about the only character that’s been rewarding to me throughout its life: Blackheart.

Basically, this is a matchup thread meant to finally illustrate the strengths and weaknesses of the matchups. If you guys are like me, you want to keep on playing and keep on trying, so let’s try to push this game for another year if possible.

Anyway, on to the match ups…

vs. Cable: There’s basically no way you can rightfully come from behind in this match-up. To win this fight, you have to keep the pressure on and never let it up. Know what assists Cable has. If he has anti-airs or drones, you’ll have to superjump for entry, otherwise get in jump in range and keep on doing it. However, this is a good match to test your skills of reaction, as BH can do some things safely that often try to get shot but fail (sj. Roundhouse, airdash back).

vs. Storm: Stay out of her roundhouse range and don’t throw a lot of demons. Instead, use drones or rocks to get in. Drones are best because they make typhoon into hail not as effective. Remember, jump back fierce is not safe in this fight because Storm’s standing roundhouse combined with wavedash could mean you die, and lots of people can do it now.

vs. Sentinel: This must be played carefully, but it’s winnable because of the priority of Blackheart’s jabs and shorts. A good tactic in this match is to super jump and throw demons, then airdash back or forward and mash on jab. It basically keeps Sentinel from following you. And, this is important always fighting Sentinel, but I have to reiterate - stay out of the corner.

vs. Magneto: Conventional wisdom dictates that Magneto will lose this match unless he finds a way to get in. Don’t give him the opportunity! There’s not a lot I can tell you about this matchup, it’s mostly reliant on knowing your opponent, and choosing your fights depending on what assist he has.

vs. Strider/Doom: Throw a lot of demons and don’t be afraid to take a few hits if it means you can get out of the trap. If you have good assists, you can make your hits mean something. Just don’t try to come down on him from above too much.

vs. Spiral: If she superjumps to get swords, do an Inferno, it’s not like she can punish you. If she does get swords, superjump and demon spam. You want to try to kill her quickly since Spiral players usually cart Cable and no BH player wants to fight a loaded Cable for very long.

vs. Tron users: Let him call his assist first. Important.

Anyway, discuss.

VS Sent:
against the big pile of junk, I tend to use my j.jabs more and the fierce punch demons to keep him from taking the air. However especially when far away you gotta watch out to never do strong kick goblins especially if youre about to land. Though most people should know that by now. As sentinels beam or rocket punch will punish the hell out of you as your.

Just like what dasrik said use youre high priority pokes. it may be tough, but no matter what you gotta zone in on sent. Its alot harder if Sent has Commando on his side, but you gotta stay in on him. Have to get him to play you onyour tempo, not his. Also Black hearts Air judgement day, is a good way to punish sent when you just avoided his HSF (but watch out for DHCs). His air judgement day can also be used to set up the opponent for a DHC. (if Sent follows you… the moment you see him over the goblins… thats the sign).

VS Magneto:
The old man’s fast as hell and can be tricky. I dont really know how to explain this fight but its mostly being able to read the opponent and having a good solid defense. I rarely use SK demons against this guy and try to fight him with jabs and FP demons isntead. Those guys provide a nice cover as well as nice way of zoning in. However keep in mind that a connected c.LK = dead or severely hurt magneto. So if youre able to connect that 1 litte hit, be fast about connecting another poke + anti air > super/DHC.

Well thats all for now. I cant really post anything about cable coz I have problems against him myself. So if you guys have some ways to keep cable grounded share your strats pls. I just jump as he is falling down. and when you get him in the corner, against him I gotta turtle + a few pokes, to bait his assist.

I dont really have a solid game against him. :sad:

Closing distance is really a matter of artfully evading gunshots, beams and grenades and getting him to block. The trick is not to be afraid of anti-airs or being shot. You have to lose your fear of the gun.

Once you’re in close, you can jump forward short twice very slowly with an assist of some sort to keep him pinned. Blackheart really has no mixup of any kind, but you can do some screwball Mags-like shit of landing, then jumping and immediately airdashing and short… not much, but at least it makes the opponent think.

What do u mean marvel is coming to a close? R u trying to tell me that people won’t be playing marvel nemore? How can this be, I’ve only just played for like 1 1/2 yrs, I’ve only begun, why must this end??? Somebody please tell me that this isn’t true. Please don’t let this game die, we must fight and when will there be another marvel? I hope that ur assumtions r far from the truth cause there’s no other game like marvel. “SAD”

i don’t think this game will ever die… even though it gets old, people will always play it because it is the best damn game ever created!
no game will come to an end if people won’t stop playing it…

franks,against cable neverand i repeat never turtle. Why? cable is the best turtler in the game, play him as if he was sentinel, be on top of his ass. To this day my blackheart has never been beaten by a cable,and the reason is that i would be rushing him down all the time. As matter of fact the only char. that gives problem to my blackheart is sentinel but i always find a way to beat it. To cable get close to him, poke him like crazy super jump throw one round of demons on top of his head come down and poke the hell out of him, the minute he get hit by your anty air, infernoXXjudgement day. On cable never do a heartof darkness not unless you want black. to die.

And concerning the death of MvC2, i don’t think that’ll be happening anytime soon. Most of the games that are comming out are in street fighters format, meaning that no air combos are allowed. So unless capcom somehow gets the marvel rights to the characters mvc2 will be here for a while. To start a rumor here, a friend of mine told me that his brother that works in capcom told him that they were looking into DC comics to do another mvc2 type of game. Now i dont know if my friend is B.S.ing me but it doesn’t sound to out there, what you guys think?

You can go ahead and do Inferno xx HOD to Cable if your opponent’s technique is not so hot. You can superjump cancel the dash and get out of the dash quicker. It’s something I can do with a reasonable amount of success. Inferno XX JD is not worth it to do in a combo, but it’s good to chip Cable. AND, if you’re fighting Cable/Commando or some other assist that stays in the same place as Cable, Judgment Day does a LOT of damage to assists (since they’re constantly being reset).

I don’t want MvC2 to die, but I’m sure that the time that it will stop being a tournament game is coming soon. People can only play Storm/Sent vs. Storm/Sent so often before it gets dull.

You know what, its not that I fear cables super but Im kinda being held back coz im worried about getting corridored my commando. Sentinel doesnt really bother me much but what really ticks me off is Storm with Dr.Doom assist. When I see black heart getting chipped to death like that I tend to lose concentration and tend to do reckless things.

So for me Storm with doom assist is probably my nightmare, thank god theres only one person that uses that team. But I would still like to have some ideas or help regarding black heart/AAA (say… commando) vs storm/doom.

dasrik i see what you saying and sadly you are right. Most players think that the only way to get better in mvc2 is by playing the BIG 4 all the time, so it ought to get boring after a while. Thay is why i never chose to play mags, storm or sentinel from the beginnig, every one always play the same characters over and over again. You know the funniest thing is to see most of my opponent get pissed, angry, confused to the fact that a guy playing blackheart wbeat them, they just keep playing me over and over again and loose every time. In order to get good at something you need to find the edge and in mvc2 the big 4 are not it.

Now franx, against storm/doom, do not play the mid air poking game what you’ll want to do is the guerilla tactic, hit and run. is simple super jump throw demons dash land near her and pokewhile calling capcom into infernoXXheart of darkness. If somehow that don’t work do not be afraid to chip the hell out of her, super jump ontop of her do air judgment days, or even if you ar far and she is on the groun do an infernoXXheartofdarkness even if you don’t connect, but she’ll get chipped. You got to remember that storm is weak and that she is not a defensive character so go on the offensive do not be afraid to try things on her to see if you can nail her.

On anyone/Doom you’re forced to superjump a lot. On Storm/Doom it’s rough because you have to watch for hailstorms. So I recommend tentatively doing superjump roundhouse and try to land close to her. Block on the way down (you can’t beat her priority) and try to keep her occupied. BH vs. Storm is a bad match all around. Good luck.

yea hope marvel doesn’t die cause it really is the best game out there. I just got back from stargate and I like to use iceman a lot. Really my fav char. I was really close to beating vegita with iceman ironman and sent. He gave me props for iceman so I’m proud. I was the only iceman player over there at regionals and I took out a lot of magnetos with just iceman. Well I really enjoyed being over there and prolly going to texas showdown5! Hell yea! I don’t just do icebeams all day, I like to rush that shit down. So if iceman could beat magneto, belive me I had to block a lot of crazy shit just to stay alive, then I guess the big four have their flaws or can be beaten if u strategize correctly. Its up to us to not let marvel die. After all those of us who aren’t justin wong only want to get better at least to put up a fight or get some respect. I have a friend named hamm that is a really good blackheart player and he seems to beat cable more with blackheart than with sent. Just thought that I’d mention that. I do want to pick up blackheart but don’t know who to put him with. I use these char only: amingo enhance, iceman proj, sent ground, storm variety, cammy aaa, commando aaa anakaris variety, sonson aaa, im aaa, doom aaa, spiderman capture any input as to who I could pair blackheart would be appreciated. I’ll leave the strategy part to me. I like blackheart with amingo and and anakaris cause the thc is deadly. Catch a assist and he’s prolly dead. thanks in advance.

Team Watts that sh*t: BlackHeart(AAA)/Sent(Ground)/Cammando(AAA) :tup:

Or Santhrax: Storm/Sent/Capcom

Just my opinion is all.

Mad Love -> BH.

yo chill_effect any persson willing to look beyond the big 4 gets my respect, it’s a plus when i hear they are good enough to stand against and even beat the big 4. Anyways if u want to use black heart ill give you two teams that could use the full potential of iceman and black heart.

!.- team chip-heaven
Iceman(proj.), blackheart(AAA), Doom(AAA)

Ithink this teamcan can and will get you wins in your sleep, the down side is that it can become very scruby because it’s so easy to win, that you wont bother in trying to improve any character.

2.- Iceman(proj.), Blackheart(AAA), Capcom(AAA)—(i’ll prefer if you ise cyclops first for a while until you get use to blackheart’s game)

This team can be a death trap to anyone who is up against you, Black., and capcom gives so much mobility to iceman leaving you free to chip and beat people away. The downside is that this team is only good when you master iceman and Blackheart, and that could take time.

Well is up to you to choose whichever team goes with your stile.

Cable kinda rapes both those teams for free :frowning:

I disagree, a good BH with doom can rape the hell out of cable. the only problem with that team is that it’s super vulnerable to a good sentinel user.
as for the other team…that’s more dependant on the total skill with both Ice and BH, plus you have to know how to use your third character on point with the assists. there’s actually this guy at UCLA who uses Ice/bh/cammy or commando pretty decently.

in my opinion i think team wattz is a awesome team just played right, it has badass anti airs,a good keep away a good rush down with sent,
i been playing this team for 2 years already and the only thing that gives me probs a cable that gets that one lucky shot, i just wanted to point out that,poking,throwing goblins and pigs @ the right times, and being patient is the key to winning with black heart.

the main anti airs that i noticed that are real effective are mostly cyc,capcom,son son,doom

in my opinion doom is the best since he can add the chipping =-D

Cable isn’t getting lucky shots, either you’re playing Blackheart carelessly, or you’re taking a risk that you didn’t calculate well enough. Don’t attribute getting shot to luck on the other guy’s part.

And Iceman can really do nothing safely on Cable.

I guess maybe I’m spoiled since I played really good Cables.

yea fuck cable =-D
but wut do u expect everygame always has a cheap character

Dasrik has the rightness of it. If you get shot by Cable, then Cable did a better job of seeing openings and forcing you to do something risky than you’re doing of avoiding those risks.

I’m personally starting to like inferno/JD as a way of keeping Cable from getting too amped up at full screen thinking that you have no safe way of hurting him from that distance. I used to hate this in general, but it’s pretty safe and it keeps the Cable player second guessing things in the back of his mind rather than constantly doing things like many modern Cable players do. The last thing you want an opposing Cable player to be is comfortable at any point on the screen, so take the comfort zones away from him and make him nervous.

yeah I’m a big fan of inferno/JD too

I’m also a fan of full screen dashing when they get into a habit if calling Sent Y and sj.HP to beam on the way down.
The dash will go under all that and you can j.jp, j.jp while calling commando if you have him to punish sent and cable. Plus you can pressure cable while the assist is still in.