Everyone needs to start playing in private servers

When you are behind a router and you want to host a server, you need to make sure that all ports are forwarded to your machine by default and it works the normal way for all other machines. 27888 is merely the port for making connection requests. They need to connect and log in through a different port. Server tells them which port to connect to if and only if there is enough space in the server for one more person and the user is using a client that understands server.

Port 27888 is merely a doorbell for you to knock at the server’s wall. You need other ports, like a door or something to get in. For servers that wont have monsterous delay and lagg, those ports are still allocated randomly. If you only forward 27888, they will be like “Yay we can come in” for eternity and will never find the door they are supposed to get though. Because when you are using routers, its like a special wall seperating your houses behind the router and your houses from outside. Without router its like a house made only from doors. If you set it so that all ports are forwarded to the machine running the server, its like saying, there will be doors on router’s walls as well but unless other houses behind the router is using them, all incoming personals trough those unmarked doors will be led to the server.

LOL. I hope you guys are talking online, becuase if so it’ll never affect me becuase i won’t play in random servers, lol. offline spamming jumpins and being random never work, unless you’re playing 3s.

Why would that work in 3S o_O
If anything jump-ins are much less effective in that game, since they’re much slower and you can either dash away from/under them or just parry them. Plus there’s no guard meter, so you don’t have to be afraid of blocking it.

And I’m assuming you’ve never played any ‘Gief/Birdie splash or Chun’ jumping MK spammers then, because that shit is very real and it is a danger offline as well.

He’s saying the nature of 3s is random…which is true

My ass it is.
Where are you getting this from?
The only character I know of who can spend a lot of time being random and actually succeed on occasion is Makoto.

Maybe Oro as well with his double jump.

Yeah it’s very real, but doesn’t work when people who don’t know how to play use them. gief/birdie can be s.jabbed out of their body splashes if you hit them in the chest. you can’t just spam body splashes without knowing how to play, lol.

3s is just random in general. not talking about jumping.

private servers for the fuckin win i played today with JedahsMinistry on one shit was almost arcade quality the whole time

shit is too fuckin good

I quit kaillera, but someone (sig) invited over aim me to try this. all i can say is fucking wow, smooth as hell no button lag even with 0.64 on good. I can react, no mashing for activation and best of all I can even use my mas with no delay whatsoever.

Get off that emulinker crap and do this if you haven’t been already!!111

Your hair and blood pressure with thank you for it.

Ok, who wants to fight me in kof2k2 in one of these private servers?

Be nice if someone could translate this for the less computer literate ppl.

Lan > excellent

Good shit to Captain Ryu’s private server and him for hosting it. GG’s, hopefully next time I wont fuck up my 360s and other stuff.

Thanks and gg’s :tup:

Good to see kaillera bitchers holding back for a while :slight_smile:

and how are those people supposed to learn? everyone needs to start somewhere, right? ^.^

No way to learn unless you play good players offline.

That’s not necessarily true. Every game I know besides 3S, I learned strictly from online play. As long as you use excellent connection or better, it’s not really that bad. Despite all the BS on kaillera, it’s still good for learning to adapt to a variety of playstyles, and getting your execution down pat against a moving opponent.

Honestly even excellent is not very good. Private server + LAN is the only way to go, and the only way the games resemble their offline counterparts. I was pretty suprised at the playability using LAN setting, I wouldn’t play any other way on Kaillera now.

The first part is true learning how to adapt but the rest has flaws. If your playing with delay (and you always will with kaillera) then there is no way to learn the game properly. Playing any game with delay or lag defeats the purpose of actually getting better. Its a hell of a lot harder to play games like ST online when your use to doing something like reaction super. Also I would never play 3s on kaillera ( because it doesnt even exist) parrying would be a pain in the ass and would make the game much harder. Its like when you played it for the dream cast. If you got to use to it then you didnt do to too well at the arcad because there was a big difference between the home verison of 3s for the dream cast and the arcade version. Or like playing ps2 mvc2 compaore to dream cast or in the arcade.

The fact of the matter is that Captain Ryu is right. There is no way to learn UNLESS you play good players offline.

So to shed some light on what Im saying Ill give you a hypothetical question. Lets assume we are players with equal skills and the ability to learn the game are the same .(so to defeat any one saying oh but what if hes just plain better because of bla bla bla). No lets say you were learning say 3s and you played it on kaillera with the usual crowd of players, and I played offline with say some Toronto 3s players at the arcade. If we were to play each other even though you had played more people than me I would undoubtably beat you at the arcade mainly because you would have to first get use to playing at the arcade with out delay.

The only logical reason to play online is because you either cant find any one to play offline, or you cant afford to play at the arcade with the other players.

This is just form my point of view. If im wrong tell me why.

At least here, the person who hosts the server has more advantage than the other person. The person who creates the server will always have advantage in terms of lag. It always was thus, and it will always be. Private servers are good just is case if the main server that ppl are used to play is down.