Every Day is SMP Day: The Naoto Thread

I’m having trouble with the SMP loop - _-

I get all the way through the combo, but they always drop out after the 2nd 236B~D.

Is the timing between each 236B pretty strict? I’m doing the exact notation for the 2AA starter and am getting all 3 hits of 2[C].

Pretty sad that I got the loop down but it wasn’t good enough to do challenge 30 for Naoto :frowning:

You’ll have to do an advanced variant of the loop for that; try using Raid~C/D as the starter.

214214A~C/D OMB 2[C] 236236D 214D 236A~D 2[C] 5C (236B~D)xN (optional 236236A/B at the end if you can’t get the loop to go long enough).

I personally don’t think it’s strict, but it’s also not just “do it as fast as possible”; there is a specific timing for the 236B~Ds. I’m not sure how to tell you to find it, but it is (or at least feels to me) the same as the timing you can use to do (236B~D)x3 raw in the corner outside the SMP loop (for awful damage), so maybe practice that?

Are you doing 5C after the 2[C] ??

This is my recorded smp loop being playedback in training mode

[media=youtube]8En0wGUZ7_s[/media]

OOHHHH.

I feel silly now.

I was doing 2AA to start instead of 5AA. Now I can do it.

edit:
I’ve been working on some other set-ups. My favorite one so far I saw in a video but I haven’t seen the notation written anywhere.

214D trap hits, 2A 5AAAA 5CCCCC 236236D 2[C] 5C [236B~D]xN

The super cancel from the snipe is super easy if you do it like

5CCCC 236C 236D

Man people jump in on me for free all the time, are there any anti airs other than cr B and counter shot?

Depending on where they’re jumping at you from, 214A~B and 214A~C can be useful. Other options include jump back j.D and j.B, as well as evasion via 5A+C, 214B, and 214A+B. Keeping C traps just above head level and slightly in front of you helps a ton too, and should probably be #1 on the list of ways to make people jump at you less.

Guys besides the SMP loop what are other uses for her special(236236) C and D?

(2A/j.C) 5AAA 236236C and (5B/2B) (5C) 2C 236236D for easy confirm into IK if they have 0 fate (normals in parentheses are optional). 236236C is pretty much useless otherwise.

Honestly, other that that you’re best off just saving your meter for SBs and loops. 214C+D and 214A+B are both extremely solid for 25sp.

If those connect and their fatal counter is at 0 then its an instant kill

Are there specific attacks that lower the counter?

Yes lol All versions of Aim take off 1 counter. Her Persona has some attacks that take off counters too. I believe it’s Crouch C. After a throw if you follow up with C it takes 2 counters. If you attack with D and follow up Crouch C also takes two counters. Her traps take counters off as well. Her supers with the SMG and Shotgun also take off counters. (I believe it’s 5 but I need to study on them more)

Snipe (Any), 5th Shot: -1
214214A/B~B: -1 per shot (Mostly just a waste of meter)
2C: -2
C+D~C: -2
B+D~6X: -2
B+D~X: -3
214C/D: -3
236236B: -6

Normally, only the first fate primer-removing attack in a combo will remove primers. 236236B is an exception - it always removes 6 even if they enemy has already lost some fate to another attack earlier in a combo.

I was watching a naoto setup vid and the guy in it did 5A 5C 236A~D 66 5C IAD j.a j.c 5C 236A

I can’t seem to get the 5c after the 66 they always drop out… any tips?

Are you sure it wasn’t 236B~D?
Also, possibly do 665C instead of a longer dash.

If you link the video, I’ll probably be better able to help.

[media=youtube]Jv7nuVSiuQ0[/media]

That’s 236B~D. The combos are
1: 5B 5C 236B~D 665C IAD j.B* j.C 5C 236A~D (setup 214C/D for oki)
2: (D trap hit) 5C IAD j.A j.C 665C 236B~D 66 5C IAD j.A j.C 665C 236A~Bx5 (can also do ~D, trap set to get oki)

*- I’m like 99% sure you can do a j.A here instead and it’s easier

Guys im a bit confused…I don’t know exactly how Naoto is meant to be played (I have been winning most of my matches on ranked and player matches though). Is she supposed to be a keep-away character with her traps or a rush-down as it seems from the combo videos?
I’ve been playing her as a keep-away with her traps and just combo off her traps…plus some people online already starting bitching about this specific keep-away style…so yeah just wondering if shes a keep-away or a rush down or can be used as both?

From what ive seen from the best players that play her, you can rush down pretty well once you have an advantage, but in neutral situations you want a more cautious trap-and-shoot based game.

[media=youtube]rGWWZ7ICpPo[/media]

[media=youtube]lGhP9ZyF0Es[/media]

These two are some of the better Naotos ive seen.