Enemies of the State: MvC3 Match-up thread CURRENTLY DISCUSSING: WESKER

We’ll discuss Captain’s matchups - likely we’ll mostly be discussing his BAD matchups. Again, not much information here. Template stolen from Spider-man thread (thanks lol)

Akuma

Spoiler

coming soon

Amaterasu NOTES UPDATED

Spoiler

Arthur

Spoiler

coming soon

C.Viper

Spoiler

coming soon

Captain America

Spoiler

coming soon

Chris Redfield

Spoiler

coming soon

Chun Li

Spoiler

coming soon

Dante

Spoiler

coming soon

Deadpool

Spoiler

coming soon

Dormammu

Spoiler

coming soon

Dr Doom

Spoiler

coming soon

Felicia

Spoiler

coming soon

Haggar

Spoiler

coming soon

Hsien-Ko

Spoiler

coming soon

Hulk

Spoiler

coming soon

Iron Man

Spoiler

coming soon

Jill Valentine

Spoiler

coming soon

M.O.D.O.K.

Spoiler

coming soon

Magneto

Spoiler

coming soon

Morrigan

Spoiler

coming soon

Phoenix

Spoiler

coming soon

Ryu

Spoiler

coming soon

Sentinel

Spoiler

coming soon

She-Hulk

Spoiler

coming soon

Shuma Gorath

Spoiler

coming soon

Spencer

Spoiler

coming soon

Spider-man

Spoiler

coming soon

Storm

Spoiler

coming soon

Super Skrull

Spoiler

coming soon

Taskmaster

Spoiler

coming soon

Thor

Spoiler

coming soon

Trish

Spoiler

coming soon

Tron Bonne

Spoiler

coming soon

Viewtiful Joe

Spoiler

coming soon

Wesker

Spoiler

coming soon

Wolverine

Spoiler

coming soon

X-23

Spoiler

coming soon

Zero

Spoiler

coming soon

Full screen vs rangers is problems. Midscreen? Not so much and depends on character. Taskmaster + mag beam assist was really tough for me! Midscreen task wasn’t so bad though

Edit: midscreen isn’t so bad because of charging star. But lets say they got chun assist - she’ll eat normal cs all day and then “You’re in for a world of hurt.”

Hyper charging star on silly assists is really good

Ive had trouble with Arthur+SentDrones.

The Sent Drones counter my Sent Drone assist, and Arthur just throws shit.
The best way around it I found was to throw shield to hit the sentinel so my sents drones arent nullified, and then charging star.

However, it can be a big problem if the opponent has a beam assist with Arthur as well.

A good way I found (not SUPER reliable) was using iron man beam assist to break every projectile ever and cartwheel behind or charging star through if close enough. Projectiles are irritating but I don’t know how to move yet all the way lol

Beams seem to be very useful as an assist in MvC3, I may try to change my 3rd character to a beam assist character.

Can hyper charging star go through beams? Haven’t had luck with the regular version going through beams yet, someone with a Sent/Mag team with Sent assist and disruptar x N was giving some of my characters problems. To be fair though I’ve never been competitive in VS games before, and haven’t had any time in practice mode yet.

check the frame data thread for that answer - hyper charging star beats all projectiles including hyper projectiles

Cap can backflip (cartwheel) through modok’s shield just an FYI for vs modok.

Been trying to make Cap my team leader, hes seem real good but I struggle with safe pressuring people like zero and wesker with safe guard assist.
*example
Zero/ ammy ice shoot assist)
Wesker/ Doom stone assist

My team sport dead pool/katama rama assists ( i use this to follow up on from cap’ back throw)
and skrull ( may change him) and stone smite. Tenderizer is godly but I prefer stone mite as its versatile imo. (can also follow up from cap’n forward grab)

alright so i’m finding that cap has a weakness against characters that can fly and throw crap at you forever with teleports and multiple hits on all of their projectiles that they throw.

meaning i’m struggling vs phoenix - I really don’t know how to get her when she goes up there - sometimes I can superjump and throw the shield up (hey at least that air hard shield throw has a purpose) but a lot of the time that doesn’t work. Obviously I can use charging star to negate SOME of the projectiles, but a sloppy charging star means a fat combo against captain. If I can read any of the ground spam correctly I can charging star through far enough and cancel that into hyper charging star - but that isn’t reliable enough.

Anyone else have any theories?

Also against certain supers when you aren’t at a range that hyper charging star can normally punish you can sometimes cartwheel and cancel that into hyper charging star to get in easier, I use that to punish Dante’s gun hyper - unless my opponent has enough meter to DHC into either an invincible attack or a counter super from wesker/taskmaster on his side.

this game has a lot of scary stuff. I feel like captain is very solid, but in a game of “everybody is broken” solid isn’t so great still :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

but nah i’m loving captain he’s treating me very well for now =D

Nobody has any input against characters that fly around and throw things at you from those super high angles? It wouldn’t be such a problem if shield slash had more durability points - but it loses to like everything that they could possibly be throwing at you.

Maybe I need a dormammu beam tower assist LOL

A good anti air (or dormammu beam tower lol) assist could be really useful. IE, Taskmaster up arrows should catch her nearly any height any distance.

Also, good utilization of dash with crouch cancels will help you get under her or to her, especially with dash-crouch charging star combo.

She is almost completely not a problem on the ground - it’s when she chills at the top of the screen chucking multiple projectiles when I have troubles =[

Hmm… similar problems with Trish??

Gimpy, against people who throw projectiles from upper screen, have you tried normal, jump Air Shield Slash H? It should reach about that high.

My thing with Cap is that I try to control the ground as much as possible. Since he has poor air mobility, I figure that the ground will be his domain, if they touch it, I try to make them pay for it. Phoenix has to come down sometime, just do Air Shield slash to force her to have to try to come to you and if they throw any projectiles within Charging Star (or Hyper Charging Star) range, blitz her.

That’s pretty much been my gameplan against Gok-I mean Ryu, Iron Man, Storm, Magneto, basically anyone with any kind of projectile that rely on it. Air Shield Slash L is your friend too if they try to stay out, if they let you get away with it, keep throwing it out until you get a hit, when you do, the shield will bring them towards you.

Aside from Air Shield Slash L, if they try to meet you in the air, do Air Shield Slash M. If either hits, you can capitalize on it and put in some work to try to get big damage.

Trish… I haven’t quite figured out what to do against her other than to punish her if she tries any low voltage. I usually do Air shield slash M against her if she tries to fight in the air and throw traps. As for her divekick (which is really troublesome, might I add), I try to do hit her with Stars & Stripes M as it keeps invincibility frames and has the least recovery. Stars & Stripes L runs out of invincibility frames before it connects and Stars & Stripes H has too long a recovery period. Other than that, all I can say is not to let her fake you out with Sparda’s reach cause Cap’s normals are pretty bad (slow) compared to what she can toss out quickly.

super jump/normal jump into h shield slash is nice because it can hit them out of that position, but it sucks because it has so few durability points. It gets beat by pretty much every projectile possible when they go hit for hit. Sure - you can knock out ONE (ONLY ONE) of phoenix’s projectiles, but it hardly matters as in the time you’ve thrown your shield into her projectile that high (note - you’re NOT going to lose the ending lag because of landing if you’re that high up) she’s already teleported near you and created a mixup. Well, if you’re lucky she’s teleported to you. Otherwise she’s just staying up there being unbeatable for poor old captain america =(

Poor guy doesn’t have super powers - why you gotta be such a bully phoenix? lol

Pheonix is definately a problem for cap, I have trouble keeping her grounded… and it’s a no win situation in a fireball fight sadly, but shes about the only character who can do this so effectively to cap.

One of the reasons I like him so much in this game is all his moves have good properties, I play him on point to keep projectile spammers honest since cap can punish them extremely hard, easy to catch assists in hyper charging star as well

A character I do have some issues with is Wesker, with a decent assist (doom rocks for example) he’s very hard to keep out… and his mix up/teleport game can be lethal if I make the wrong choice with cap… any tips out there? I generally try to cover myself with Haggars lariat, it’s pretty good most of the time for cap on defence

[media=youtube]AibDLdYRxrY[/media]

Projectile counter. CS goes through every projectile in the game to my knowledge. Probably works better with the right assist to help get into :h:.CS range. I’m sure someone has already figured this out though, just didn’t see a visual anywhere.