Empty Your Mind. Law in 2013

Well since the changes for Law have finally been posted I guess it’s time to talk about what we love and hate about the new Law.

Here are the changes.

• Close MP - 5F added to boost combo (-3F on hit/-7F on block)
• Close MK - 3F added to boost combo (-4F on hit/-8F on block)

• Reduced push back on block on hit
    • Close HK - 8F added to boost combo (-9F on hit/-15F on block)
    • cr. MP - 3F added to boost combo (-4F on hit/-8F on block)
    • cr. MK - 5F added to boost combo (-5F on hit/-9F on block)
    • cr. HP - Startup 11F->7F
    • j. HP - Damage 100->120
    • Machine Gun Arrow - Can transition to One Two Elbows up until the 3rd hit of Machine Gun Arrow
    • Fury Fist Rush - Reduced push back on block
    Flash Kick - Midair combo counter usage changed to 2
  • Startup 14F->7F
  • Damage 40->70
    • L/M Flash Kick - 1~9F is invincible against air attacks
    • Dragon Knuckle - Crumple Damage ->long blowback normal damage
  • Reduced push back on block
    • Dragon Knuckle Combo - Removed armor properties
    • Dragon’s Fire - Damage 120->130
    • Run Up to Drop - Damage 120->130

Special move meter gain:
• Flash Kick: whiff 10->15/On hit 40->25
• Backflipper: whiff 5->10/On hit 40->25
• Cloud Gates: whiff 5->10/On hit 40->25
• Dragon’s Flight: whiff 5->10/On hit 40->50
• Dragon Knuckle: whiff 5->10/On hit 40->25
• Dragon Knuckle Combo: whiff 5->10/On hit 40->25
• Dragon Knuckle Flight: whiff 5->10/On hit 40->25
• Fury Fist Rush: whiff 15->20/On hit 40+20×8(200)->10+5×8+10(60)
• Shaolin Spin Kicks: whiff 15->0/On hit 40×3(120)->20×3(60)

I’ll post my thoughts tomorrow because right now it’s time to sleep.

My initial brief thoughts

[LIST]
[]Boost changes
[/LIST]
Eh, most to everyone else is also getting these changes, so whatever.
[LIST]
[
]Damage boosts
[/LIST]
Very nice - Never going to complain about more damage. Especially in this sort of game
[LIST]
[]Flash kick changes
[/LIST]
Huzzah! Law’s Anti Air is now viable as an anti-air! Half the start up, invincibility frames, and more damage. Law’s major buff for sure!
[LIST]
[
]Dragon Knuckle Combo removed armor properties
[/LIST]
That had armor?!

The second punch of Dragon Knuckle pretty much absorbed anything and would hit the opponent. Law would take recoverable health damage though.

Hopefully the EX version still has armor. You can get two armor off EX-DC and then Knuckle Combo

I’m really bummed about dragon knuckle not causing crumple state anymore. That move setup a lot of reset options, but maybe EX will still cause crumple.

Either way I’m hype for anti airs. Somersault is going to be amazing for poorly spaced jump ins.

Same here, those anti-airs were sorely needed. That was my only aggravation playing as Law.

Also, could you tag off of the crumple? it seemed like whenever I tried to (searching for re-stand/reset gimmicks), he just went into the knuckle anyway.

Sadly you can’t tag cancel after knuckle . That would have been awesome, but really OP.

LOL yeah I kinda figured. :rofl:

"• Fury Fist Rush - Reduced push back on block"
Sooo will EX FFR be punishable now also? curious because Somersault L/M are only invincible against air attacks.

"• Machine Gun Arrow - Can transition to One Two Elbows up until the 3rd hit of Machine Gun Arrow"
omfg

Actually, if you’re playing with a human partner, you can tag off of the knuckle. One of the advantages to playing with another person.

• Reduced push back on block
    • Dragon Knuckle Combo - Removed armor properties

I used it as anti-air. But atleast now flashkick is an even more usable anti-air :stuck_out_tongue:

But I still don’t see why they would nerf this, it wasn’t really overpowered or anything… too many people falling for the 2nd hit I guess :expressionless: then they should remove the armor on Hugo’s moves too… makes no sense. In 2013 there is no reason to use the “Dragon Knuckle Combo”, as I notice people hitting my armor WAY to often to even try delay it without armor :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Forgot to ask, what does it mean to have “long blowback normal damage”? like what does a “long blowback” look like? Does it look like the last hit of HP fist fury?

Well… they kind of did… Armor doesn’t activate on lariat until frame 6

Honestly, that sucks for Hugo, he needs whatever he can get to get in atm.

But I digress. I assume the armor is still there for the EX version? Might have nerfed it to give EX DKC more importance? Theorizing right now.

Still, I’m not too broken up about it overall, only really used it as a rare gimmick when I got DKC by accident. XD

Yea, I honestly didn’t know it existed until these patch notes… that said, I can see why it was so useful.

• Dragon’s Fire - Damage 120->130
• Run Up to Drop - Damage 120->130
what attacks are these? ah… it’s the throws… google ftw…

Flash Kick - Midair combo counter usage changed to 2
What was it before? If it was 1, does this mean the trial where we need to do alot of them in a corner won’t work anymore? I wonder… atleast flash kick itself does more damage and we may get more damage even if we can’t get in so many hits in a juggle, cause of lower scaling with more damage per hit :stuck_out_tongue:

And I ask again in case you didn’t see it in my last post. What does “long blowback” look like? last hit of (hp) fist fury rush? meaning we can only follow up with a flying dragon kick (maybe)? :stuck_out_tongue: and knuckle combo in corner? Or is that more like it does now on a midair hit? you probably know as little as I do :stuck_out_tongue: I just have to ask in case “long blowback” is a normal SF description :stuck_out_tongue:

• Throws

• The four somersault’s you can do in the corner will now be two.

Not sure on the blow back. Might be a status effect.

Do you guys think Law can still connect a cr.HP after HK flash kick in combos after the patch? It’s a big buff to have an anti-air but I think Law is going to be boring without his big tag combos.

He won’t be boring. You just will have to use his other options. He should be able to connect cr.Hp but idk if he can do anything after that.

Law can’t be boring! :razzy: He is just way to damn cool to ever be boring. And he’s still going to have most of his fancy stuff outside of flip kick combos isn’t he?

Soooooo… am I misunderstanding something about the juggle count and how it works? Going to steal a quote from Lone Dragon:

Sooooo would the increased juggle count make Somersaults juggle better?
Sorry if this is a silly question, my extent of juggle system understanding is “try it out in training… did it work? Awesome!” :sweat: