Elena wall juggle

So far I’ve tested it on Ryu, Chun, Hugo and Alex, and it didn’t work on Alex.
If people feel like testing it on other charcters the do so.

qcb+kk, hcf+lk, srk+hk

For it to work the two kicks of the hcf+lk need to hit, and also you have to get all the hits in from the knee with srk+hk.

Does the same amount of damage as her super does, but it only uses less than half a meter.

You should be using an EX Rhino Horn, don’t you think? It sounds like you’re just using a normal one…but you should try doing it with EX.

When you’re comfortable with that, try this combo:

EX Spin Scythe, Mk Spin Scythe (both hits), EX Rhino Horn, Hk Scratch Wheel.

I’ve heard that this doesn’t work on certain people, but I can’t remember who…I know it works on shotos, though, if you’re just trying to get a feel for how it works.

The whole point of the combo I wrote is to consume as little of your meter at possible, but still dealing good damage.
I am using a normal one, you need to time it down to the frame for it to hit, the entire combo does 56-58 damage if I’m not mistaken, which is not bad at all for such a small price.

I tried the combo you wrote down, but I still have trouble timing the Ex Rhino in it, but I’ll write back once I get it down.

There’s even still a better corner juggle that uses one EX:

C.Mp XX Ex Spin Scythe, Mk Spin Scythe, Lk Scratch Wheel (67 damage vs Ken). It’s a hell of a lot easier to do, too.

In any case, if you’re going to do a corner juggle and you have meter, you should do the one I mentioned - going into it from C.Mp does 75 damage - that’s more than SA2, for only two EX stocks. No matter what SA you use, that’s just plain GOOD damage in terms of meter spent.

On Alex I believe you can juggle two MK spin scythes (qcb+MK, qcb+MK again) after an EX one in the corner? Is that correct? My bro (who’s combo execution is honestly better than mine) can do it but I can’t do it for the life of me. Is there any other characters you can get this to work with?

Can you…? I never tried anything like that, because you can’t connect the full corner juggle (EX Rhino Horn doesn’t connect on Alex after Mk Spin Scythe)…but, I’ll check.

For now, though, some miscellaneous crap I tested last night:

“The corner cross-up technique”

On any corner juggle where Elena performs EX Rhino Horn followed by a Scratch Wheel, there are certain characters when, if performed normally, Elena will just perform another Rhino Horn. This is because the EX Rhino Horn crosses up certain characters until moments before they hit the ground (it’s more like a cross-under, I guess). So, essentially, by doing a DP motion on these characters, the first part of the motion registers as if you were pressing back. (Does that make sense?)

So, the solution to this is what I call the corner cross-up technique. It’s pretty simple…on characters where the EX Rhino Horn counts as a cross-up, simply execute the first part of the DP motion the wrong way. In other words:

C.Mp XX EX Spin Scythe, (Mk Spin Scythe,) EX Rhino Horn, :l: :d: :df: + :k:

You can also perform the technique by simply doing Hcf+K, but I think it’s more precise to do it the way I described.

I also went ahead and tested out which characters the combo (C.Mp XX EX Spin Scythe, Mk Spin Scythe, EX Rhino Horn, Hk Scratch Wheel) works on. So, without further ado:

Characters the combo DOES work on:

Akuma (cross-up technique)

Ibuki

Ken

Makoto

Necro (cross-up technique)

Oro

Q

Remy

Ryu

Sean

Twelve (cross-up technique)

Urien (cross-up technique)

Yang

Yun

Characters you can NOT connect the full combo against:

Chun-Li (omit either Mk Spin Scythe, or omit EX Rhino Horn and use Lk Scratch Wheel)

Dudley (omit either Mk Spin Scythe, or omit EX Rhino Horn and use Lk Scratch Wheel) (cross-up technique)

Ibuki (omit either Mk Spin Scythe, or omit EX Rhino Horn and use Lk Scratch Wheel)

Elena (omit either Mk Spin Scythe, or omit EX Rhino Horn and use Lk Scratch Wheel)

Alex (omit either Mk Spin Scythe, or omit EX Rhino Horn and use Lk Scratch Wheel) (cross-up technique)

Hugo (omit either Mk Spin Scythe - both hits will not connect) (cross-up technique)

I’ll double check these later tonight…you might actually need to cross-up tech on Oro and Elena, and you may not have to against Hugo. All the rest of these, I’m sure of.

You can do Ex spin scythe, sk spin scythe, sk spin scythe, sk spin scythe on Chun Li in the corner. May work on others but haven’t tried. first two non-EX spins will do two hits, final one will do one. You can replace the final spin with a scratch wheel or EX rhino horn, but four spin scythes in a row looks ticker.

I had no idea you could do that. Are there any more character specific combos? Any idea how much damage it does?

You can do a short kick scratch wheel after SAII on Dudley in the corner. Not sure if it works on other characters.

cr.Mp>>ex spin,lk spin,lk spin,lk spin(1-hit),lk scratch wheel. 11-hits,80 damage points. this is elenas most damaging combo against chun li in the whole game.

well there you go. Nine years after the game is released, a new Elena combo. bows

you mean aside from oro’s full kill on chun right?

ELENA’S most damaging combo against chun, bro. Worth knowing as Chun is 7-3 up on this match, so it’s little things like that and spacing the slide that help her scrape something out of that match up.

I hate to sound like a douche, but while it’s worth knowing, it’s still not the most practical combo, because EX Spin Scythe’s last hit whiffs crouching Chun. EX Spin Scythe combos are just too risky on Chun in my opinion, and this is coming from someone whose philosophy on Elena is “Fuck SA2, EX combos 4-life.”

You kinda just have to play the poking game vs. Chun and unfortunately she even wins the poking game. You don’t lose it as bad as some other characters do but Chun’s normals just simply have way less trouble vs. Elena’s normals compared to most of the cast. You’re not going to get opportunities to get big damage like against most of the other cast.

I’ve always believed that the only way to beat Chun is to RTSD the best you can until she has meter, then wuss out and stay away all day, lol. Easier said than done, but that’s my take on the match.

yep yep, you’re right guys. It’s worth having that combo as a tool against Chun, cos you’re going to need everything you can get in that match. It is risky/tricky, I often just to BnB even if I’m in the corner. It’s risk/reward assessment really.

edit: Any of you Elena players try it on any other characters yet? I haven’t got the game at home, so can’t test.

…SERIOUSLY.