Elena Thread

She is the nicest character in SF history, Makoto hate her guts but Elena still loves Makoto

Elena is the Felicia of Street Fighter.

Caramel Skin? Check.
White ‘body coverings’? Check.
Body barely covered to begin with? Check.
Built like an amazon? Check.
Perpetually upbeat and cheerful? Check.
Obsession with dancing? Check.

As a huge Felicia fan (and a huge Nadia fan, who was also one of her clear inspirations), Elena has been one of the few characters in Street Fighter I gave a crap about. I likely would have dealt with SF4 had she been in it.

Elena’s biggest weakness is that she was in a game with a parry mechanic. Her moves were fairly easy to parry, and it was difficult for her to parry thanks to her moving back and forth during her idle animation. So, it’ll be interesting to see how she turns out in this game.

Huh? Felicia doesn’t have dark skin.

Haha glad to see you got this thread, Mel :rofl:

elena has a wicked design and very nice moves. Cant wait to see her in 3D.

Btw is anyone else feeling like Capcom will somehow screw up her face? I look at Ibuki’s and think what da fuck ISSS that??

I don’t think so. I think capcom did a better job with the new female cast( poison, asuka, lili, Julia) so my expectation will be very high for elena

Dislike. Ibuki looks adorable, you’re out of your mind.

[media=youtube]Xulp38-w6Fo[/media]

I kind of like how she looks in this artwork… she looks proper African this time around, I wonder if that’ll translate to her model? I kind of prefer the more immature animeish Elena because to me she’s just cuter that way, but I ain’t complaining about this one either.

She reminds me a lot of her 3S character select artwork in that picture, which is pretty awesome. It’s just the angle that makes her look a little weird, but she must look pretty damn good in-game.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5Xp-O4Jgnrr9GcR1aG23pmAfRB4q7dyqOA6uEWfPu1ss-3O-qg2Cm5HnHXA

Ibuki looks adorable in SSF4? Stop taking the crazy pills!
Hey Elena looks pretty good! http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2012/mar/03/models-street-fighter-x-tekken-characters-24/

I’m glad Elena got in; I like her showoff-y fighting style.

The model surprised me in a few ways.
[LIST]
[]She has the boob straps from the artwork instead of the boob-covering clothing she had in-game.
[
]Her facial features are a bit more African; a plus for me (More visual differentiation between all those same-y female characters).
[]Her freakishly long legs from the original sprite are now a bit more normal looking… Which disappointed me.
[
]Her hair looks like it is going to be a mess.
[/LIST]
Overall, I like the model just for existing, but I’m not impressed yet. Maybe in action it will look better. Hugo still will definitely have the best model.

Also, any ideas on which character her first alt costume is imitating? I can’t tell for the life of me; it looks kinda like Julia, but I’m guessing I’m wrong.

I’m sure her legs will look longer in-game, once we see how tall she is. I mean she’s supposed to be almost as tall as Hugo. I’d prefer the thighs to be a little thicker myself.

Elena is 6ft tall… hugo is close 8ft…

I was referring to the height of her sprite/model, not her canon size.

Elena is most definitely NOT a bland character design by any means. But she IS a forgettable character. This is mainly because, even though she’s a refreshing and interesting design, she wasn’t pushed enough. Her appeal alone was not enough to carry her and without the kind of exposure that most other characters got, she was just…there. All the time.

I say this as the biggest Elena fan ever, don’t get me wrong, but outside of a cult following, the general public just doesn’t care about Elena.

They will after this game. I’m calling it now. Elena doesn’t need a partner…lol

Go check the dlc character gameplay thread to see elena in action…from the looks of it…she is hellla fast

Courtesy of soul-reaper

[media=youtube]2w97xsUbJHY[/media]

Beats, beats, beats, in my head

Soon