El Fuerte's "Okizeme" options thread

El Fuerte is famous for 2 things: his RSF and his okizeme. That being said, I think it’s a good idea for us to list all the possible okizeme options so that we can implement the ones we didn’t know yet, and probably rate which among them is the most effective in certain situations, and stuff like that.

Let me start with some okis brainz taught me with his youtube video:

1. Safe Tortillas (works best after hitting a Tortilla Propeller):
    1a) Once tortilla hit confirms, hold UF until Fuerte jumps, then wait a split second, then run back and tortilla, holding down the forward button.
    1b) As soon as you land from a successful tortilla, dash forward 3 times, then run back->tortilla, also holding down forward.

2. f+MK->s.lp pokes->throw or c.mk->run (works when you’re close to opponent. if coming from slide, you can spam f+mk to hop over the opponent first, then do this combo. Works best against charge characters to limit their wakeup options)

Guys please list more.

Edit: Added other oki setups as well as j.HP okis as well.

normally i practice the safe tortilla every chance i get but if i feel like finishing off a reversal DP happy guy, i like to get in the same position for a tortilla, but simply run back- stop. they do a jab uppercut, i do standing HK (connects by the time they land) and they habitually try to sweep you since you fall down. however you have enough time to do another run back–tortilla while they’re sweeping.

teaches them to reversal DP less and you can go back to practicing safe tortilla.

good ish man…i think we should mos def discuss this subject dont get me wrong but,i think we should move this to the new matchup thread to keep it busy…ya know i think i needs tons of attention. It should be a okizeme section for our luchador so at the same time we can see more options for matchups… Densuo im lookin at ya =D …your doin a good job at this so i figured id throw that out there. good idea though gief ( in my opinion)

Here’s something that I use. Not the safest options but usually good to frustrate the people it catches.
People only ever expect slides from a forward run so I’ll do run back> stop> slide. I tend to stop the run short of where I would use a tortilla or tostada so they get an idea of when a slide is coming after awhile. Once they catch on, I’ll run back and stop in the same place i’d slide from, but use far standing hk to get them with the overhead as they were inevitably blocking down for the slide. This leaves them with a jump to escape which you can counter with run back tostada or runback> stop> guac

or eat a DP =x

Run, crossup tostada.
Run, regular tostada.
Run, fajita buster.
Run, stop, grab.
Run, stop, cr.MK poke into run mixup.
Run, stop, jump in or jump in crossup.
Run, stop, slide.
Run, slide.
Run, safe tortilla.
Run, picadillo jump to: Tostada off wall, or fajita off wall, or j.HP off wall, or empty jump grab off wall, or jump off wall steer back away from them
Run, stop.

Keep 'em guessing!

ambiguous crossup jump fierce is godly.

i hope brainz would find the time and create an okizeme video, seeing that his combo and tutorial vids are really really helpful.

I’m not sure what “Okizeme” really means but if we’re talking about mix ups during their wake up you can C. :hk: (slide) under Sagat, seth, and E honda rather than corpse hopping with F. :mk:

it’s good, but use it sparringly.

I think practicing when to ultra is always important.

Run, lk, ultra - if they’re jumping or gonna dp *timing depends on character i.e. taller fighters are more easier to time

might just be me though

this is good stuff to know, thanks

tortilla>hold forward
tortilla>hold down forward
any difference?

That way you can keep your down-charge

down charge?
what for?
cuz fuerte doesn’t have any charge moves

backrun tortilla
backrun splash
backrun stop slide
corpse hop run stop far standing roundhouse
corpse hop grab
backrun stop tick grab
do nothing

those are my simple mixups until I learn to do my cr.mk run stop mixups

A few of mine.

Run, lk cancel, Focus Attack.
Run, backrun, run, backrun, crossup splash
Backrun, immediate wall jump, run slide/mk
Run, whiff early crossup splash to bait
Whiff early slide, grab
Run, meaty mk
Backrun all the way to the wall into forward run slide/splash/fajita

Opponent in corner
Early forward wall jump, backward wall jump HP
Early forward wall jump, run slide/splash/fajita
Forward wall jump bait

all mine are listed here, i only use the ones i remember, but its very limited and i cant do RSFs

run, stop, slide
run, tostada
run, cross up tostada
run, tortilla (safe ideally) used most often
run, that giant leap, wall jump tostada or fajita bustah
back against a wall, wall jump tostada or fajita bustah
run, stop, air grab or guac if i expect it.

rarely used:
corpse hop, cr mk, run tostada
run, stop, ultra.

The best okizeme mixups for fuerte depend completely on how you knocked them down and who the opponent is. I can honestly say my okizeme tactics change completely depending on whether I am fighting say, cammy, as opposed to blanka, as opposed to rufus. The basic splash and tortilla stuff will work regardless but against the really good opponents you are going to have to be more creative. Some characters I meaty slide against their wakeup a lot, some I don’t at all. I have a completely different option tree that I pick from if I knocked them down with a tortilla as opposed to a slide as opposed to a back throw.

I advise fuerte players to shy away from doing splashes on rising opponents very often at all…I pretty much only do this now if they don’t have enough life to block it. Scrubs will die to that all day but you are taking a huge huge risk. Learn your safe jump setups and how to use an option select or a proper position to beat all your opponent’s character’s reversals. Safe jump setups are something that you should use a lot, against characters where this is possible it is almost always your best option.

i could safe tortilla if i land the first one, but i stop after i tortilla’d them the third time. I forget I play random shotos who aren’t familiar with fuertes too much, I stop safe tortilla-ing after the 3rd succesful chain, and go for a run stop slide. everytime I do it I eat a dp because they figured it’s their best options since I can stuff their dp’s with tortilla.