Ed looks like a fucking clown

Bob or rather Rufus.
Seth
El Fuerte
Hakan

So I count 4 which could be considered a handful.

You are very obsessive about boring, lame ass characters. This was my personal opinion and this is what this thread is about. I could respond to you calling my opinion bullshit and I could do the same, however, I am an adult. BTW pokemon characters are cartoons for children. Soak your “elements”. Oh BTW Sub Zero and Colon use ice to incapacitate. Wow, it is so different…they even use many of the same command moves. Deal with that.

"However I am an adult"
Constantly picks fights when people disagree with him.

Lol.

Grasping at straws insanely hard.

1 Like

I don’t understand the Kolin sub-zero either, as someone stated before Kula Diamond would have been a much better comparison but then again she also doesn’t really have similar moves (she’s was similar to Alpha Sakura though from what I remember)
So I don’t really get how this thread derailed so werirdly, I’ll just restate my point that I agree on the thread title, and withsome time having gone by from his release I can say he’s obnoxious in pretty much every aspect. And I agree that Kolin can suck on a tail pipe and die. This season pass has been surprisingly disappointing and Abigal is not gonna save it, nor Zeku if we believe the leaks, Menat might end up being OK.

-Well, Hakan is a good character design

-Ingame Seth as explained end up looking different from what was supposed to be his final design (wich was good/decent), so it was more theyr incapacity of traslate the chara design to the game.
Kinda like SFV Alex is the worst crap of the game, but Bengus chara (re)design itself was good

-El Fuerte we agree, mexican luchador IS a SF style concept but they did it weak
Imho they should have used this as official

Probably they wanted stick too much with Kinnikuman aesthetic without consider how solid the design is without know the source/tribute

-Rufus chara design is an exception that can take some time, as basically it break on purpose some of the SF design “rules” like some other characters do (Fang and Ingrid first two examples i can think) to express exageration.
Imho it work in SF contest, but if somebody does’nt like it it’s hard to “defend” (not that i’ve reason to), because some freedom they took on the design process make seem it less solid as concept and more dependent on reception.

In some way Viper was in similar situation of impeachable design process, but being a “cool” female design with hot tits got it easier and even general positive reception

btw rose tinted glasses off Boxer’s design also has always been fucking terrible up until SFV, where he’s cool… he’s a piece of shit and you should have someone sticking lemons up your anus everytime you pick it, but he looks good.

Did I pick a fight?

You know what? I would have preferred Sub-Zero over that wanna be, as the MK character would be allot more interesting than plucking a plain clothed boring NPC off the street and try to give them moves. There is a reason why they call them NPCs.

How long is your straw?

So pick a different character?

1 Like

I actually really enjoy ed. They could have done more for him but I do enjoy playing as him. His personality could have used a little bit different of a take and I dislike his hair cut but his design I like.

Someone above mentioned how juri players would love the SF 4 juri to be in this game. I am one of them I dislike the rendition of juri in sf v

I think Ed’s fighting style is really cool being a mix of Bison and Balrog, boxing with psycho power. But his default skin is pretty bad. I had no idea what Ed was like until my friend picked him while trying out all the characters on training. I was blown away because his character design just doesn’t go along with his personality or how he fights at all. A good design should highlight a characters traits. For example, Ryu is a dedicated martial artist which is clear by his serious face and gi, ken is cocky and uses fire attacks, this is clear by his usual smirk and red clothing, blanka is feral, clear by his GREEN SKIN AND FUR, gief is a wrestler, clear by his huge muscles and speedo, etc etc. When you see Ed on the character select for the first time, like I did, his design paints a totally different picture. When I saw him bust out the boxing gloves, I was severely confused. Point is, Ed’s got a bad design, and I agree completely.