Easy A-Groove that does 7000+

I was screwing around in CVSSNK 2 and tried to do Mr. Mem’s combo with no avail…

Here is a similar, but easier, combo for people without Jesus on their shoulder telling them the gimmicks of CVSSNK 2.

There are two ways I’ve tried to do this combo, I’m sure you guys can improve upon it… One with a jump in, one w/o.

THIS COMBO ONLY WORKS IN THE CORNER

1. Do a jump in RH ( you don’t have to ) to a c.Fpunch to a QCB.Fpunch
  2. When the characters feet are about head level you can initiate your CC
  3. Imediately do 2x c.Fpunches, press up very quickly, tap the RH and IMEDIATELY do QCB.RH, when you land wash, rinse, and repeat.

You should be able to do that 3 times in a row and make more than half their life bar disappear. A very simple and damaging 40+ hit combo.

This combo CAN do 8000+ if done perfectly.

If you guys have any other easy to do or really good A-Combos stick em up po’ folks!

Wow… no one has posted here in a long time.

Anyho, Mummy-B is right about the instant air crazylegs being the key to the CC.

But they don’t dizzy in one move. Dizzies are based on damage, and there’s no way that move does 6000+ points of damage. If it did, i’d be doing them all day. :slight_smile:

Mr. MEM’s (what is up with japs and these names?) combo involves getting them into the air, and then the meat is NOTHING but instant air crazylegs connecting (if it’s the same combo I’m thinking of). After one connects, he whiffs a standing jab to shorten his recovery when he lands, then goes right back up for another instant air crazylegs superjump. repeat, repeat.

I must say that this is not easy, and anyone that can do this even 95% of the time gets mad props from me. The hardest part IMO is getting the move to go straight up… which is done by qcb,u+RH (don’t go to U/B at all), or timing your motion (qcb,u/b,u+RH) so that you reach up AFTER the whiff jab, but reach u/b BEFORE the whiff jab is done so you don’t jump backward. Then you have to make sure you do the motion quickly enough so that you get a superjump, and not a normal jump… blah blah.

I can do it once or twice, but not reliably enough to keep it going for the full CC. I find it easier to connect with a close s.fierce instead of whiffing a jab… but even then I can’t keep it going 100% of the time.

So I’m trying to find the best ghetto version of this CC for us executionally-challenged players. Something similar to your CC gammon. (without the instant air crazylegs).

Usually I do a series of jumping feirces first for my big hits, then come up with a mulithit ender.

So far the best I can come up with is: [superjump straight RH into qcb+RH, close s.fierce] x N

and: [superjump straight RH into qcb+RH, whiff s.jab] x N. This one is a lot tighter though. I’m superjumping because it seems you get more hits that way, but I don’t know if it is the best way to go about this.

I’ll post back with a damage count later… If any one can, feel free to chime in.

For those of us that can’t tigerknee the blade kicks all the time (ME), it seems a jump attack into blade kicks will have to do.

It seems that there is a “sweet spot” that you want to hit to get the most out the blade kicks. You want to jump up and hit them right before they hit the ground. j.HP x qcb+RH can get around 15 hits, and sj.HP x qcb+RH can get around 17 hits. If you do it perfectly, it will keep them in the air long enough and you can simply just jump and do it again… but it’s freaking tight, and I’m not that freaking tight.

So I can either whiff a jab to try and shorten my recovery when I land (hard :(), or hit them with grounded normal to pop them back up so I can jump again (easy :D).

Here are some CCs involving gammon’s combo:

j.hp, d.hp, qcb+hp, CC, s.hp, j.hpx4, [j.hp x qcb+RH, s.hp] xN 8000+ damage
This is mad easy… the close fierce elbow pops them up, time your j.hp into blade kicks so you get lots of hits, close fierce elbow when you land to pop them back up, repeat. You can do d.fierce uppercuts instead of close fierce elbow, but it has slightly more recovery… So if you do it and they’re really close to the ground you will have to cancel it with a d.jab so you’ll be able to jump again. you could use other moves to pop them up, like d.jab or s.strong/forward but at the beginning you should use a fierce.

j.hp, d.hp, qcb+hp, CC, d.HP into whiff d.jab, [sj.hp x qcb+RH, s.hp] xN 8500-9000+ damage
With superjumping blade kicks you get more hits but it is harder.

j.hp, d.hp, qcb+hp, CC, d.hp into whiff d.jab, sj.hp x qcb+rh, [whiff s.jab, j.short x qcb+RH] x N 9000+ damage
This one is harder for me…

Does anyone know a version of this combo that DOESN’T use the instant air blade kicks and breaks 10000?

One interesting thing about this combo is that you don’t have to be in the corner to do it. If you land a qcb+hp, you can CC, then [s.mp into qcb+HP, whiff s.jab] and start doing your jumping series. If doesn’t work from anywhere, but it will from the middle of the stage and closer to the corner… like, it will work at the beginning of the round.

Another cool thing is CC, then hcb,f+p. The command throw will drag them to the corner. You can then whiff a jab and start your jumping attacks. You can instead hit them with a s.fierce/d.fierce right as Vice releases them, and THEN go into your jumping attacks… but it’s harder. I would recommened doing j.hp x4 first, then going for jump attack into blade kicks… you can get more damage with sj.hp into RH blade kick, but you have to get the sweet spot perfectly… it’s easier to mash on fierce. :slight_smile: The further you are from the corner when you grab them, chances are the less damage you will do in the end… CC time is wasted when Vice is dragging you across the stage. Still though, 6000+ damage isn’t too shabby for an unblockable midscreen CC. I can only imagine how much you could do if you could always do the instant air blade kicks instead of this ghetto version.

If anyone has any suggestion of how to exactly end these CCs it would be great too. I usually just keep going until I run out midair or on a d.fierce… Is there any way I could back up a bit to try and land the dp+k grab? I’m thinking maybe If I can grab them right before the CC ends, it will do un-scaled nice damage after the CC is over? maybe? i dunno.

It doesn’t do CC damage scaling, but it does normal combo damage scaling. Even outside of a CC, high hit# combos do damage scaling (I forget the exact formula… me and jchensor fooled around with it a while back). If you’re getting a lot of hits in that combo, the special grab should still do only a pixel.

What?! :frowning: Bummer… Thanks anyhow Gunter. I thought I was just going to be posting here by myself. :slight_smile:

I did figure out another way to end the CC though… If I’m landing from a jump, and only have a little bit of CC left (not enough to pop them back up, jump and attack) I simply do short/forward ground blade kicks when I land. Might as well get 6 pixels instead of 2. :slight_smile:

I’m trying to get a good anti-air and anti-FB CC going with the qcb+p move… I never realized you could simply activate and qcb+hp through FBs and hit the guy from half screen away! Reminds me of A3 Sodom. It juggles funny though… sometimes it goes past them, sometimes stops short as soon as it hits them.

It seems to do with height. If I hit them when they’re grounded or real low it will stop short. So if I KNOW it’s going to stop short I can do: qcb+hp, far s.fierce, qcb+hp, whiff s.jab and go into jumping attacks… but even if they are grounded it STILL goes through them sometimes (like when hitting a poke). sucks.

I have the most success with qcb+mp over and over, but I would like to be able to find a reliable CC with the qcb+hp. Usually gets around 5000-6000. I can’t break that 7000 mark that the thread asks for tho… :confused:

Just a little addition for completeness’ sake (is that even a word?)

thanks to kcxj I can qcb+p, CC, s.rh into qcb+hp and continue my CC. Above I mentioned you can do s.strong instead of s.RH, but it only works mid-stage and closer to the corner. The s.RH instead lets it work ANYWHERE. However, life sucks so it’s a lot harder to connect than s.strong.

Oh yeah… forgot to mention her ground CC. The meat of it consists of [d.hp, far s.hp] xN, kick super. But it’s not that simple. The key is getting the FAR s.HP, and timing. If you get the close one, it’s over… better start shoulder checking like a madman to keep close and try to sneak in a kick super.

So if you’re point blank next to them when you CC, you can do 2 d.hps to try and push yourself away far enough for a far s.hp. But even then it won’t work if you do it too fast.

The benefit is that it does 7000+ by itself, and can be link off jabs. You can start it with a medium attack if you are too far for a d.fierce, but you have to cancel it right away if you want it to combo into far s.hp.

I wouldn’t say that it is “easy” though…

You can find the “tricked-out edition” of this CC on Gunters Agroove site (www.namonaki.com)

anyone have a vid of mem doing his combo? or give a detailed description about it? is it repeated air blade kick?

I don’t deserve credit for the Vice stuff. I don’t even play Vice. James from CT found all that stuff out. He’s “Amakusa something something” on the forums. And yes, his real name is Amakusa. Even his mom calls him that. Just like Master Akuma’s mom really calls him Akuma.

After 8 hits of d.HP, far s.HP, switch to d.HP xx blade kicks in her ground CC. I don’t know why Capcom made all these stupid Vice combos so hard.

If your CC gets blocked, you guys know how you usually go into blocked shoulder checks then tick a super grab at the end right? Does anybody know if the super grab is escapable? I know in A3 everybody has guaranteed tick command grabs in VC mode. Not sure about the CvS2 system though…

In A3, you could special grab while the opponent is still in block stun during a VC. In CvS2, you can’t. Special grabs can be combo’d into (i.e. are inescapable) if the move before it HITS, but the grab is NOT guaranteed if that move is blocked.

well, if it wasn’t for one of your posts kcxj, I wouldn’t have known about it… :slight_smile:

*After 8 hits of d.HP, far s.HP, switch to d.HP xx blade kicks in her ground CC. I don’t know why Capcom made all these stupid Vice combos so hard. *"

you mean far s.hp xx blade kicks at the end right? Anyhoo, i’ll stick with just the fierces because I suck… Maybe someday I’ll be able to put in the blade kicks and not screw it up 90% of the time. But not today.

Sorry that’s a typo. :bluu:

Yeah, it’s far s.HP. I’ll edit that post later.

So I’m trying to add in the bladekicks into the grounded fierces CC… I take it I’m supposed to get 2+ hits with the blade kicks? I only get one, and I don’t see the point If I’m only getting 1 hit…

>sigh< this combo is damn picky…

I give…

Okay marvrelscrub I’lll try out vice again in A but im not going back to boring yuri…

I need to see a vid of her doing the mem custom because i saw it before a while back, and you could probally anti-air custom with a activate, shoulder tackle…

Anyway I’ll keep experimenting with the namonaki custom, but for some reason I dont find it to be a practical CC, but maybe its just me… :bluu:

The grounded fierces CC is really tight… If point blank, I find it’s best to do 3 d.HPs, the go into [s.HPxd.HP] xN. If farther out do 2, if after 2 d.LPs in a combo do 1.

One thing to get down is that you can change the timing (speed). If you’re getting to close you slow it down a bit (and the opposite if getting too far away). You don’t want to get a close s.HP.

If your opponent has a normal anti-air you can dop-thru CC and go for it right away…

The CC->hcb,f+P combo is easy… Too bad they can jump out of it though, so it’s not for free. It does work though for antiair and if they attack. Stuff like dash->CC can help make it work too.

As for anti-air with shoulder check the best I could come up with is:
[HP check (stops short), far s.HP] x2
MP check xN (takes timing)
[HP Check x whiff s.LK] xN

if you can come up with anything else let me know…

If you’re cornered, you can also CC after your sleeve moves.

You can see the crazy bladekick CC in the sairec video.

The animation for Vice’s far s.fierce involves her taking a step forward to punch and then bringing her foot back. Canceling the fierce into a blade kick prevents her from bringing her foot back, and gives you more time to do the next fierce than just doing fierces alone (plus it keeps positioning better).

ok… so it makes the CC faster, giving you more hits (damage) in the end? cool.

Positioning sounds nice. Too bad i find it 10 x harder than just fierces. :mad: argh… i’ll get it someday.

Tiger kneeing the kicks aren’t hard, hcb, uf+k It works for me perfectly everytime.

You are the man then… :slight_smile:

Straight up gets more hits, but whatever. Can you do nothing but the bladekicks? I find that combo is way too hard. I’m curious as to what the average damage you get from it though. Is she a lesser Bison?

so…um, i know its been a while since anyone posted here, but ive been using vice on and off (usually for fun) and have been messing with the MEM corner bladekick CC. anyway, after many many hours of practicing, ive pretty much got the CC down (without the fancy set up).

at home (training mode) i can get it maybe 80% of the time without messing up…[this is on pad BTW]

at arcade i can get it maybe 60% of the time (when ever i choose vice. its a lot lower, because im going from pad to sticks]

anyway…the bladekick CC…i hope these tips really help.

-straight up air blade kick[SUBK]: HCB, tap U + fk. vice should jump straight up and do the blade kicks. this is the motion you’ll be doing during the CC.

-(while activated) whiff s.lp XX straight up blade kicks. if you do the SUBK, land, repeat, vice will do a sj. instead. in order to get the blade kick you’ll have to let her fully recover in order for you to do another. in order to shorten that recovery time, whiff a s.lp the instant you land, then immediatly go into another SUBK.

-during the whiff s.lp, you should already be imputing the HCB as soon as you press lp, then all you have to is tap U+fk. this gives you a tiny bit more time to get blade kicks to come out.

the CC part 1[getting the opponent into the corner]:

i dont have a fancy-ass set up, usually just anything to get them into the corner quickly. usually ill just do:

tripguard c.mk, c.fp x 2, c.fk XX lp shoulders > corner
or
tripguard c.mk, c.fp x 2, far s.fp XX lp shoulders > corner [bit more damage]

dont use fierce shoulders because it knocks them up a bit to high, so waiting for them to fall into position just waste CC time.

the CC part 2[in the corner]

as soon as you are in the corner the best thing to do, IMO, is to juggle with a s.lp. this pops the opponent up a bit and gives you more then enough time to follow with the blade kicks. it also allows you enough to neutral the stick if you have to or whatever you need to do…

after the s.lp, wait for the opponent to fall at just above vices head, then quickly do the motion for the SUBK. timed right, the blades will come out and juggle when this oppponent is roughly at vices chest area. the kicks come out pretty low to the ground. this is the height you’ll be juggling the opponent at.

then after that, land, whiff lp XX SUBK…repeat.

the CC in full (midscreen):

c.mk, c.fp x 2, c.fk XX lp tackles till corner, s.lp, HCB, U + Fk, land, [whiff s.lp XX SUBK] x N.

also…if you have a tiny bit more meter left, i wouldnt suggest going for the SUBK again, since the majority of it will whiff. so uh…heres a few things ive done to end the CC…

-repeat jump lp till meter ran out.
-hop back, pause, low sleeve grab/high sleeve grab
-walk back, walk forward, dragging grab > air grab follow up
-walk back, meaty lp tackle [blocked] XX jumping grab super.

bleh…

That’s some good stuff. I should try that…