Dudley Q&A: Let's learn... like Gentlemen!

thanx. Just making the information more accessible.

I have seen in videos that dudley can do Victory rose, intrerupt the startup with a normal( while he smells the rose) and use it again later on and it will isntantly throw it, kinda like a projectile, without the slow smelling-the-rose startup,What’s with that?
Also, does slipping jab give frame advantage on hit?

Could you provide the video link by chance? That sounds pretty sweet.

Here http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky/b/262450671 at 27:50 he start’s the rose taunt, smells the rose, then c ancells the taunt, and 3-4 seconds later he throws it, VERY fast.It look like it could even be used as a presure tool that way.

that looks like his regular taunt, and then just the Victory Rose.

his regular taunt is just a slow rose throw where he doesn’t release the rose.

I appreciate the page. It helped me with a few things I never knew were possible.

is lp mgb safe on block? so far it seems to be

Yes, lp mgb is safe on block. I like to use it for pressure/pushing people in the corner. If a person tries to do something out of it, I find that cr.mp stuffs a lot of shit.

I have been using Dudley all day yesterday, the more i learn new thing, the endless potential i see. Ultra II is Fantastic, but after reading Golden_gunma’s basic guide. I have learned even more stuff, and how to use Ultra I better. keep up the good work guys, Dudley is going to develop quite well.

http://www.exceedgaming.com/SuperSFIV/Dudley/DudleyGuide.html

Updated with Special Moves, Target Combos, Anti-air selection, Air-to-air moves.

Look out for more updates next week.

no rose? :frowning:

Great stuff.

Another update:

http://www.exceedgaming.com/SuperSFIV/Dudley/DudleyGuide.html

Now with frame data, punishment combos, up close game and blockstrings. This more or less concludes the “Basic Strategy” section of the guide (although I’ll still add it to it over time to make it clearer).

Next up - Advanced strategy featuring some of the tips and tricks I’ve discovered, Super Setups, Ultra Setups, Option Selects and Match-ups!

Also I’ll sort out the layout soon too. It’s starting to get too big for one page, so I’ll break it into separate pages and make it look a whole lot classier than it does right now.

double post

Can you do Target combo 5 ~ st.jab ~ st.Hk? Of course following the Hk with something, but that’s obvious, it’s the link after target combo 5 that I’m interested in. Also, in a vid I saw Dudley doing FA LVL2, waiting a lot, then cr.mk when opponent was in airborne state, and it didn’t sweep him, it launched him like cr.hk does after you do it 2nd or 3rd time.Can you do it after sweep, or can you even follow it with anything using this setup?

You can’t do st.LP ~ st.HK the opponent goes too far, but if you’re close you can do st.LP xx LP MGB for 230dmg/285 stun as opposed to target combo 5 by itself which is 162dmg/190 stun (All tested starting with F+MK).

About the FA lvl 2, that’s interesting. You can MK duck>cr.MK>HP DP 1 hit (character specific), but the damage is less than MK Duck>HP DP 2 hits or MK Duck>LP DP>HP DP

However it’s better to do FAlvl 2 back>MK Duck>MP DP xx Jab Super since it’s much more damaging.

Does he have a kara throw?

st.HP .Does crosscounter work against attacks like ryu’s cr.mp, or crouching jabs in general?

Since there’s no matchup thread, whats the best way to punish juri’s stupid pinwheels with dudley?

Juri:

Pinwheel (block crouching for her last hits to whiff): s.HK>HP DP or EX MGB
Pinwheel EX (block crouching): s.FP, Ultra 1, Ultra 2, Super