Dr. Doom level 3 follow up Question

Hello, I’m new to shoryuken but I’ve been wanting to research this for a while. I was able to follow up a raw Dr. Dooms level 3 on Captain America after my opponent tried to charging star me on wake up. I mashed standing medium (otg) just to try it and it worked. I was able to launch but since I was caught off guard that it actually worked I didn’t commit to the follow up. This might be character specific, but I haven’t been able to do it again. Does anyone know if this is even possible or if it was some sort of glitch? Could be useful in raw level 3 moments.

is it even possible?
I tried to follow up but couldn’t get it

Yes. I knew it worked because the combo number hadn’t disappeared until they fell out after the launch. It might have been a glitch, just didn’t know if anyone ever even considered the possibility of a follow up.

This is probably what you encountered (even though this is a Nova video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4MgmdWXm5Y<br>It’s a little tricky to explain, but it basically occurs when they don’t block something right after a combo. Did you pick Cap’n up off the ground?<br><br>As far as level 3 followups go, I haven’t seen any myself. Plasma Beam timing after it is decent, to hit them as they stand up.<br>