Doom's unblockable

I wanted to know if anyone had any combos you could do after you do his c.rh unblockable?

Thanks!
SJA

IMHO, Doom combo’s are for two things.

Meter, or DHC. (that’s if you’re playing a something like Doom/Storm/Sent or Doom/Storm/AAA)

They’re also best done basically, so a lot of combo’s aren’t going to take as long as a fast fly to learn. (Although with a little imagination they can get pretty cool)

Comboing off of the c.rh is simple, but know that they can roll everytime.

c.rh xx fly xx photons
c.rh + capcom, launch, magic series xx photons.
c.rh + capcom forced roll wave dash, cross up
c.rh + capcom xx fly xx photons.

BTW, when I saw Capcom you can use any AAA that hits OTG.

In my honest opinion, i would not follow up the unblockable w/ nething… think about it, now if you want to play on a tournament level… nobody there is going to be that unaware of what you are doing… i mean like maybe you possibly could get it once but after that it’s just a waist cuz they will watch for it and they will roll out of it… and if they dont then they aren’t completely tournament ready… you see JW play and the biggest thing about him is that he adapts fast… its the classic 1st time shame on you 2nd time shame on me kinda deal… I think if you can roll out of it then its most likely not the safest thing to do… i dunno its up to you and your preferences… :smiley: Id rather do something safer like call assist manual super jump cancel containment… something that sort of style… up ta you just trying to help w/ my noobie tactics :smiley:

err, noobie question, how do you do this unblockable? is it like sentinels, where you have to time the c. rh to hit the moment your opponent is about to land?

L.Chaos, the Doom’s unblockable is totally sweet. Yea someone can roll out of it, but shit that’s 10+ damage for free which is UNBLOCKABLE! And if taken by surprise can lead to even a dead character. Try it out a little, it’s a very underrated move.

fishjie, the unblockable is c.rh at a certian distance, somewhere around his ankle.

yes yes i didnt say it wasnt bad to do just the unblockable but i wouldnt follow up with it… like i would do it in casual play probably and like people i know who are worse than me but i wouldnt go overboard w/ it in a tournament you know what im sayin?

Most of the time when i do it it lands. I was wondering if it still works if they block and c.lk, c.lk. AND THEN DO THE C. FK

You’re opponent can’t be in blockstun for it to work.

Doom has an unblockable?

I know the c stand for crouching, but whats the rh for? confused…

rh=roundhouse (HK)

switch-trick c.hk. . . . .too go0d or super poo

I was thinking that a switch trick c.hk would have the unblockable properties on it, so you could do things like c.hk+commando, launch, AC into APA right at the start of a match.

But you still have to hit them at the right distance at the beginning of the match.

Even if you did hit with it - they can roll before commando hits.

Not that many pplz start the match defensively against doom. Magneto will like cr.lk lk or trijump, both of which will lead to pain. Alotta sentinels either jump and block, dash back or start with s.short. Cable’s usually jump at the beginning, or sometimes do cr. jab which seems just a notch slower than magz c.short becuz it beats almost everything at the start of a match.

HOWEVER, if ur opponent knows the speed of doom’s d/f FK (especially when switch tricked) then they’ll stay on the ground if they’ve got any sort of common sense. So as long as you mix it up with it then occasionally starting matches with the unblockable should work well, but sucks if they roll.

The unblockable has nothing to do with the distance you hit from. If you have nothing else going on that the opponent can block (no assist out, no photons out, etc) and they aren’t already in blockstun (so no c.Short->c.RH, sorry) it is unblockable about 80% of the time. Why has to do with which frames the game decides to show and not show (it’s not unblockable on slow speed, it’s unblockable slightly more often in the arcade than at home, and the Training Mode autoblock will always block it).
However, the timing of the move can help - since the bit that determines if they can block happens at the start of the move, if you land one unblockable and they don’t roll, you can do a second c.RH early as a meaty move and it will always be 100% unblockable. This is true whenever they are getting up. Because of that, a decent combo is dash in Short xx rocks xx ground photon array, then they can’t roll so dash in c.RH xx rocks xx ground photon array, etc. c.RH xx fly is also a good idea, as was mentioned, because even if they do block it you’re in a better position.
Last thing - you can sort of set it up from a blocked c.Short - if you wait for him to make his little grunting noise the second time before chaining to the c.RH, they won’t be in blockstun when you hit.

Mike Z – www.evilslash.com

im not sure if it IS unblockable at the very beg. of a match…and even it is…you wouldn’t want to you use…doom’s best opener is still c.lp, or if you know that they are going to tri jump you, the kick launcher…shit, ur better off blockin:p :stuck_out_tongue: doom is slow

noob question i think? if i put the computer in training mode on all guard and i hit him wit c.rh he’s gonna get hit? (i know at a certain distance)

Bah, the Mike Z posts and you don’t even read it?! The training mode comp will always block it so don’t bother trying to practice it in training.