Doom Guard Break & Infinite

Hi av1,
i m just new to this forum, and just roughly go through the “Doom Combo thread”.
It is unclear for Doom’s infinite.
But, i m agree with this:

His infinite set up in corner,
dash in c.lk, c.mk, c.fp ^ j.lp, j.lk, j.mp, j.hk xx fly, [lk lp hkxxfly, lk lp hkxxfly] x N

i have tried this set up on Cable, Mag & Doom.
It work, i had been got 50++ hits, but miss later.
This set up is really hard, i give up after few hours trying… (~3 years ago)
But, Doom’s infinite is really work.

My main question is Doom’s Guard break;
i saw some faq guides (~3 years ago) like this:
Once next opponent come in:

1. j.lp, land, df.hk (launch) or
  2. j.lp, land, c.hp (launch)

Does it really work?

**Note: i have stoped play this game ~ 3yrs ago, and just try it out recently. Hope can receive some latest info from expert players here.
Thanks. :slight_smile:

Sorry, my bad again.

I just learn how to use the display Option on below & put it to Beginning & Search function.

Sorry for disturbing.

yes, it works.
u can also try: sj. lk, dash foward lk., rh.,fly,lk., lp.,rh.,fly,infinite. another good gaurd break: have fly mode activated,fp,cancelled into his super. laters.

I tried this infinite and it works but i can only get it at 14 and 17 hits cuz it goes to the top of the screen and it misses :S can som1 tell me what i have to do to continue it?

During Dr. Doom’s Infinite, when you Fly and Fly cancel does it have to be in a certain directon? You know…like Foward Fly, Down Fly, Up Fly, etc. And when you do his HK in the air does the attack have to connect or do you just cancel into Fly mode before it connects?

sigh I’m bored so I’ll help Melvo out. Even though this is like… half a month late.

Once you get to the top of the screen (probably at your 14/17 hit marker) you should change the infinite to [lk, hk, fly] x n, since adding the mp after you’re at the top of the screen raises them too high up.

This shit is easy to do… You guys should try it on Sentinel first, that way you can learn it quicker and easier.

i can’t hit them when i fly… what am i doing wrong?

Make sure you fly quick enough after the Hk hits, and hold/tap down with Lk for it to come out faster (after Hk hits, notice that Doom bounces up/up-back above your opponent if you don’t fly). Practice against the CPU - Sent, Silver samurai, Doom, Venom are good to practice on.

Any variations on the Doom infinite that work? I just got around to learning it this week… The version I do for most character is SJ Jab (small, small pause) [short, strong, roundhouse fly…] till appropriate height, then Short xx Roundhouse fly. On the bigger characters I sometimes omit the SJ Jab. So is this the only version that people do, or is there another way to do it? Hopefully easier? Since you have to change your timing a bit for different characters to keep them high enough.

ahh… tnx for that… i’ll try that… anybody have doom resets?