Does this stick have real Hayabusa parts?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HORI-Real-Arcade-Pro-N-Hayabusa-Arcade-Fight-Stick-for-PS4-PS3-PC-by-Banshee/328542315
Can’t seem to find any info about it.

2 points:

1. That’s not a real Hori stick (the title doesn’t match the description, and everything talks about the Honcam stick)
  2. That pricepoint.

My money is on no, it doesn’t have real Hori Hayabusa parts.

The real Hori Real Arcade Pro N Hayabusa looks like this:

That looks like an interesting stick for someone to mod.

Thanks for answering. It does seem too good to be true :sweat_smile:

With arcade sticks, if it feels too good to be true, it usually is.

Think of it this way:

• any usual lever is about $20
  • buttons are usually about $3 each, and a stick generally has about 10, so $30 total
  • a good PS3/PS4/PC PCB is $40

That comes up to $90, this is without counting the casing.

If you see a fully populated arcade stick for significantly less than that, in all likelihood you’re not getting top-quality parts.

chinese stick better known under “lioncast” name - google it - , the one you showed ( “honcam” ) .
Probably has 10 other alternative names.
Next time, bypass the attractive salespitch claiming it’s supposedly an official hori/madcatz/razer/etc brand and skip right to the dubious name if ever it’s present ( “by Banshee” says the disclaimer right at the end). Even then check out the official promo pics as mentioned above and compare, you cannot count solely on a disclaimer/description .
There you go.

Thanks for the great advices. I’ll keep them in mind.
I just started looking into sticks and I’ll probably get a Qanba Drone first and upgrade parts when possible.

Hopefully you can get your hands on a drone to at least feel it before you buy one. Both of my colleagues that bought drones said they regretted it and just ended up buying full sized sticks later. They may have been able to upgrade some parts on the drone, but ultimately they were not satisfied with the size of the drone.

You are NEVER going to find a brand-new condition Hori HRAP Pro N Hayabusa for less than $80!!!
The average for new-condition of that joystick is still around $170 (domestic; they charge even more from Japanese and Hong Kong sellers many times) and some people were selling used HRAP N Hayabusas for that much this past holiday! I’m sure you can still be ripped off by those guys online if you want to be! LOL
Seriously, just wait for the GOOD deals. They come when you least expect it.
Gamestop had a sale on the “real deal Hori joystick” for $79.99 because they wanted to get rid of their HRAP N Hayabusa stock but it was really sporadic allocation. You know chain stores NEVER have everything in stock that their sister stores and it all depends on your location and what gets shipped to them. They were no longer shipping anything through mail (because Gamestop is BROKE despite all counter-claims) and your local store had to have the joystick in stock. I’ve NEVER seen an HRAP N Hayabusa (other than the Soul Calibur VI branded variety on clearance) in-store; the only stocked Hori’s I’ve seen at the local Micro Center and Gamestops were the HRAP V line which I absolutely hate. That’s Hori’s cheapest-made HRAP and I’ve never cared for the case or button layout on it.
I got a new-condition HRAP N Hayabusa this past Christmas for $99.99 on e-Bay from a vendor (I was VERY lucky) but with shipping and tax it was $133. My edition was actually Japanese stock because the “official” US release of the joystick has a blue box; mine has an oversized photo of the joystick on a black background on the box art.
The closest I came locally to $80 for an HRAP was a Marshalls/TJ Maxx sale on Soul Calibur VI (PS4/PS3 and XBox One/360) joysticks around Christmas 2019. The Hori Soul Calibur VI is basically identical to the HRAP N Hayabusa; the only difference is the color of the plastic and the Namco character art. I really wanted to get an “economical” joystick with arcade parts which did the job. I could not keep that joystick because of a PCB or PCB/software conflict issue; it was the XBone/360 edition and my PC (Windows 10) wouldn’t recognize some of the buttons regardless of whether it was to 360 or XBox One mode!!!
Anyhow, I waited a year and got the joystick I really wanted without the character art (which I did NOT care for on the SC VI release) or the transparent case (I hated that plastic; prefer solid white or black).