Does Remy have low defence?

I know Remy has one of the lowest stun meters, but I have also heard that he has a low defence rating too (i.e. he takes more damage than most of the other characters). Is this true?

well he definatly doesn’t have the highest.

i think his life is as much as akuma’s

It’s not as bad as Akuma’s and Ibuki’s,but Remy’s defense is still near the bottom.

Remy’s health is about the same as Necros. Below him are Akuma, Ibuki, Yun and Yang, and barely worse is Twelve. But Remy has Akuma’s stunbar, which realllllly sucks.

Regardless of health, Remy is a charge character and will spend most of his time either in a defensive state, or hopefully, parrying.

haha I would say, though, that most remy players aren’t really good parriers

Considering I’m mainly a remy player, as well as a fairly hefty parry player, I guess you could just call that opinion. But it is more likely than not to have remy players not be into parrying.

I honestly just learn to parry what I need to, after playing certain people. and characters. Just frame rates and timing. stuff like that, only really for SA’s and junk.

Wouldn’t parrying with Remy be kind of pointless anyway? He’s not a close range fighter, so why parry?

^^

Wow…

Wonders if anybody in this thread actually uses Remy

No. They all switched to Q…

as someone else in this thread who pretends to know what theyre talking about, i disagree.

And you are?..

Never seen you post in here… So…???

im quivitar. makoto player and overall scrub.

Agreeing with Iwst:

I don’t play Remy, but I think he needs all the help he can get from the game engine to win. I think charge partitioning ability is completely necessary against jump ins because the flash kick w/out parry is only going to beat shitheads basically.

Whether or not he’s a “far range” character is pretty irrlevant.

Basically if you’re looking for a character who can take a hit, Remy is probably the second worst choice. Against characters who can deal a lot of stun (or atleast a moderate amount), his slightly better lifebar is a moot point due to his shitty stun gauge.

i notice when i parry from holding back so much i start matching the timing i charge lov’s with parries so instead of getting a good punish i tend to throw an ex lov or normal lov by mistake i guess the next step would be to learn to hold it for a normal into rrf from a parry… anyone else get that sometimes? its not just with remy i think any charge character with a back forward charge ends up goofing like that too especially q and alex.