Does anyone just use a Dualshock?

I have an intec fight stick, but I don’t like it that much, I like my dualshock better. Is there anyone besides me who just uses the Dualshock Controller?

Of course there are people who play on PS2/PS3 pads. If you feel you can execute everything you want and need to do with your character on a pad and don’t feel that it is limiting you or holding back your progress, than by all means stick with it.

Execution is only part of the game while a good understanding of fundamentals: footsies, zoning, and reaction, are more important skills to develop at first and they are not reliant on the peripheral you use to play.

However, if your only experience with arcade sticks is with that Intec stick, keep in mind that those Intec sticks are garbage and are not a good representation of what higher quality arcade parts found in TE and HRAP sticks are like.

What does an intec look like? I used to use dual shock. But some actions are harder with it as you have to shift your hands no matter what layout you use.

In the SF scene? It’s rare, but there are people who do it. In the BB & GG scene? Absolutely. GG is way more execution intensive than any SF game (although not certain vs games) and almost all of the GG scene I was aware of (when one existed around here) played with ps2 pads, so it’s certainly possible.

The two biggest issues you’re going to have are that a lot of people are going to take it as a sign of noobness (not necessarily scrubbyness, but lack of seriousness). Whether or not you want to pay any attention is up to you, but people will make the assumption. The other issue is that if you want to get serious and play tournaments, you’re going to want a ps2 pad and a ps2 to xbox converter (although that’s a lot cheaper than a good stick).

I guess there is also the problem of having issues playing the arcade version. If you have an arcade scene in the area and want to play seriously, I recommend going, it’s completely worth it, but the magic of statistics tells me you probably don’t.

Zstar Electronic Co.Ltd, Sell fire cards for DS/NDSL/NDSi, also have Wii, DSiLL, NDSi, NDSL, PSP2000, PSP3000, PS2, PS3, PSP go, PSP, Xbox360 accessories, all kinds of phones are available
www.zstar.hk
WWW.TIGERSUPERMALL.COM

Zstar Electronic Co.Ltd, Sell fire cards for DS/NDSL/NDSi, also have Wii, DSiLL, NDSi, NDSL, PSP2000, PSP3000, PS2, PS3, PSP go, PSP, Xbox360 accessories, all kinds of phones are available
www.zstar.hk
WWW.TIGERSUPERMALL.COM