-= Doctor Strange Question =-

I’m trying to put strange into my c.viper/vergil lineup. But I want to put c.viper first so that when strange comes in he can do his flame loop

Example: I’ve done c.viper’s burst time dhc into strange’s seven rings of raggador super.

Then I try to do the loop. I’m not good at doing the flame loop myself as I just picked up strange 5 minutes ago.

Does anyone think this can work? I’ve tried to dhc into strange a couple of times but I think a full combo with c.viper then dhc into strange puts too much hit deterioration onto the flame loop, so I end up not being able to do it. However I can’t do the flame loop so I can’t really tell lol.

Any suggestions?

of course. Strange/Vergil is the best Strange shell along with Strange/Amaterasu. Viper/Strange/Vergil is a serious high tier team. But i dont know the exact synergy of Viper with second position Strange so i dont know if Viper/Vergil/Strange is a better choice.

It works. You’ll probably only be able to do one rep though due to HSD.

Also, you can use Viper’s burning kick assist for an extension (adds 3 IPs and 2 FoF’s).

What does HSD stand for?

edit: Hitstun decay?

Yup.

why is strange/vergil so good? how does vergil’s assist help strange’s mix-up game? wouldn’t vergil benefit much more from strange’s assist?

mm, i dont really have experience playing Strange/Vergil, what i play mostly is Strange/Ammy, but from what i have seen/tested in training mode:

the blockstrings s.M, cr.H (+call rapid slash), mystic sword > recovery > teleport and s.M (+ call rapid slash), cr.H/s.H, flame > recovery > teleport are powerful mixups. Rapid slash gives strange two things: reset the zoning game with the most gdlk pushback allowing an eye of agamotto for free, and corner carry characters from midscreen to corner where Strange can use his fof loop and kill in one combo. Oh and the THC of course, Vishanti x maximum vergil is a great THC, not as good as Vishanti x Okami shuffle but its probably the second best hyper for that purpose. I think both characters can work in either position (both are top 8 support characters imo), but maybe Strange could get an edge for the second position because he has better TACs than Vergil, and because his DHCs are kind of more threatening (not saying that Gucci belt is not a top 5 hyper, but as DHC spell of vishanti and raggador are very good and MAYBE more threatening than spiral swords)

maybe you should ask Tortonon about more advanced stuff, he has been playing Strange/Vergil since day 1

I appreciate that, but what I need are viper/strange setups or strange/vergil setups. This guy mostly just does strange combos and basic vergil bnbs. Appreciate the help though.

I’m gonna be uploading stuff with Viper/Strange/Dante soon.