Doctor Strange Faltine Loop/Impact Palm

so I’ve been trying to learn the faltine loop with Doctor strange and I cant seem to get the “impact palm” to connect after the green fire. I’m sure this has been asked like a million times but I couldnt find it anywhere. I got the whole combo down, all the way up until strange launches the opponent, then impact palm, then the green flame and then I cannot connect the impact palm again for some reason. I tried going slower, going faster, spacing between strange and the opponent and even letting the joystick go neutral after the green flame and NOTHING. I can’t connect it.

I’ve seen a couple of videos on youtube with players doing it with relative ease but I cant seem to connect it. Any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

The opponent probably isnt spaced high enough.
Make sure the palm n flame is hitting below them instead of even with them

Thanks. I will try that!

I think I had the same problem you’re describing and the way I resolved that was by spamming Flame of the Faltines (green flame) and canceling into Impact Palm. You’ll start to see when the flame will connect with a character. As soon as the flame makes contact and disappears, that’s when you want to Impact Palm.

I have been breaking my head about this as well. I have been practicing it from a IP loop, I space myself with st.H x IP, then S to j.H x IP to FoF. But when I try to do the IP that follows I am at the correct height but the IP goes right though them and they tech.

You need to be at about (around) max IP distance for the Flame -> IP to connect. I can only do this in the corner, but for practice I would suggest you try
:l:, :l:, IP x Mystic Sword :l:, IP, :s:, sj. :h:, ( Flame IP)x3
to get an idea about the distancing.

Aim the IP at their feet.

I like to think I am aiming for there feet, sometimes I can connect on the ground IP x FoF x IP X S, but then in the air I still dont hit the second IP after FoF.

I’ve had a really hard time getting the faltine loop. I’m assuming there aren’t any short cuts or buffering required.

Does the loop work on the whole cast and am I just missing IP?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Does it always have to be a neutral jump? I’m guessing yes in order to keep maxing distance for IP

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

As far as I know, the loop works on everybody. If you’re having trouble landing it, chances are your vertical spacing is off, as there is a larger margin of error for horizontal spacing.

And yeah, you’ll throw yourself off if you do anything but neutral jump.

The loop is hardest on Nemesis and Sentinel imo, only because their hurtboxes are ridiculously big.

So I started getting the loop down (about 6 times out of a billion). I think it was your youtube vid I watched maziodyne. I wish there was an easier set up to get ideal distance and vertical spacing but I havent really found an easy one that I could be consistent with. I tried cr.:l: cr. :m: f.:h: :dp::l: f.:h: :qcb: :h: :s: f.:h: :qcb: :h: (you get the picture FoF Loop), that seemed to work. I’ll try to do the one in the video next.

What I don’t get is is what is it about a Hard Tag that allows strange to do cr.:l: cr. :m: f.:h: :s: FoF loop. I’ve seen people do it and I can’t do a hard tag and have the opponent not wake up before I get the chance to hit. (I’m using nova btw so once I finish his combo, I’ll hard tag out into strange to try it the cr. :l:)

The trick to the loop is to make the opponent LAND on your moves, be it IP or Flame. Since these moves have a set amount of fixed hitstun, you wanna make them land on it so they’re higher than you (or at the highest possible for them), which gives you more time to do the rest of the loop. When doing it in the corner, there’s a certain sweet spot that will let you land/start the loop with you and the opponent grounded. Try finding that (depends on the distance between your Dr. Strange and the opponent) and you should be able to practice form there. The loop is really all about the spacing (you need to neutral jump these btw)

I’m going to record myself “attempting” to do the loop, I’ll post it in here and you guys tell me what I’m doing wrong. Still hella hard for me but thats what practice is for. I have landed an air IP FoF IP a few times, but not enough that I can do it intentionally in a match :-/

Side note: what I’m getting wrong is that after neutral jump then :f: :h: :qcb: :h: the next :f: :h: (IP) misses… it appears mid body but theres no actual “hit”, I know the idea to get it to hit the feet of the character but I can’t seem to do it.

UPDATE: I’m getting it most of the time now, I still want to post a video but I’m thinking my problem was with the character i was trying to hit (wolverine)…I cant seem to get it on him for some reason. I did it against tron bonne and what helped me was when I super jump, I have to time the IP when strange super jumps near her feet. I shortened the loop for myself so i could used the timing so im doing :l: :m: :h: :dp: :l: :fwd::h: :s: IP FoF IP descend IP :qcf: :atk: :atk:

UPDATE: I got this down…now to get creative!

Im learning how to get the loop by jumping up/back. When I neutral jump, i found myself getting closer and closer by the third rep. I’m assuming its from holding forward as I’m coming down but holding up/back keeps me in the same distance.