Do you think that TvC would make a comeback if they make an xbox version?

Lets admit it, TvC is dead, and for that matter it wasn’t very alive outside of the fighting game community because of 2 reasons 1. Nobody really liked fighting games at the time it came out and 2. its on the wii.

I know a lot of people will argue with me about this, but the wii is, just not a competitive console, and if you wanted to play competitively with this, you have to buy a wii arcade stick, which is just wasting $250 dollars for one game. I don’t think thats useful. Nor does anyone want to do it.

would it make a comeback if released on PSN with online play? idk.
would I play it if released on PSN with online play? hell yes

I have TvC and I still voted no

Even if they released a version for Xbox 360 or PS3 (Capcom said would be too expensive to port to those systems and wouldn’t really be worth it), there’s still MvC3 and there’s still the “what’s a Tatsunoko” problem.

And the majority would still give no fucks about TvC.

Also, a Wii + arcade stick + TvC is not even that expensive or hard to get now. $250, where the fuck you get that from?

Are you kidding? TvC came out when SSF4 was out IIRC, and by then the interest in fighting games had been re-surged. The fact that TvC is a game full of obscure characters on a less-popular (at least in the FGC) console limited its growth. To make matters worse, months after the American release, Marvel 3 is released, effectively killing the player-base.

Yeah, one of the main reasons I can’t find anyone to play TvC with offline is the lack of character familiarity. I think Speed Racer should’ve been a playable character, as that would’ve gone a long way in giving some degree of recognize-ability. Heck, if someone sees me playing TvC and asks me what I’m playing, replying “Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom” just leaves them really confused, whereas something like Marvel is much more of a household name. I mean, I like TvC much more than UMvC3, but the game’s an acquired taste.

As much as I’d like to say yes… I don’t think so.

I have both TvC and UMvC3 and I have to say the game mechanics are kind of similar. Even though I much prefer TvC for its amazing music (seriously, its fifty times better than the Marvel music, why did they make such crappy music for Marvel?) and its balanced, non-Wesker gameplay, I don’t think it stands a chance because it has to compete directly with Marvel as a Vs. game.

If you haven’t noticed, Capcom’s trying to make distinct franchises within their fighting games. There’s the SF series, the Vs. series, and now there’s the Cross (?) series. They’re trying to keep their fighting games from competing with each other so that each franchise gets maximized sales. If anything, I hope that in the next generation of fighting games (when UMvC3 has died out) Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 2 can be released or something and can occupy the same space it did this generation as an in between game between the Marvel games.

I think it’s the terrible matchmaking system in conjunction with the fact that most players use laggy wireless connections online that killed this game. If Capcom were to make an HD port with a proper lobby system for Wii U, or any other system really, I think a lot of people would get into it. It’s a much better game than MvC3 and I think a lot of people who play that game could be lured to TvC if Capcom would go the extra mile and negate the platform limitations of the current version of TvC. I don’t even care about HD myself, I just think in the age of online fighters TvC deserves a second chance in the U.S. market, and it would probably be ignored yet again without an HD facelift.

I miss this game, and still think no. Hell, even if it did it DID have some balancing issues. Bursts costing two meters was dumb… assists were pretty limited. And the whole “yes or no to big characters” debate.

I’d buy multiple copies.

If TvC was released to Xbox Live Arcade it could probably get a small scene going. It honestly wouldn’t be very hard for it to match the scene it had before, there was barely one to begin with. It really doesn’t have to do alot to make a ‘comeback’ to what it once was lol.

As a side note, TvC in HD is really really good looking actually. If you run it in an emulator its pretty amazing.

People not knowing who tatsunoko characters are always struck me as not really an issue and just something people said to try and explain why nobody played it. People learn to love unknown characters constantly in fighting games. Not knowing a character isn’t exactly something new.

The 3 reason I blame for it not catching on are: Wii exclusive, literally unplayable online, and people of the time period really just weren’t interested in playing a game other than Street Fighter 4. The communities culture was really just strung up on SF4 at the time and it wasn’t until the last year that people have been willing to expand their sights.

I had the game myself on my wii but it would sell more on the other consoles if the game was Shonen Jump vs Capcom. Let’s face it, the Tatsunoko vs Capcom licensing issues made it hard to even reach worldwide sales. We almost didn’t have the game because of the friggin’ japanese hiding it to us like some kind of secret hentai project. And if it was Shonen Jump vs Capcom, the licensing issues would be far worse