Do you consider yourself an OG member?

I’m old enough to remember Bloofy, Gaia raids, Liokaiser’s foot fetishes, and SNAAAAKE drinking his own jizz (at least I THINK it was SNAAAAAKE).

You top players have such weird gimmicks…

I wanna see akumachan come back and ban VSLASH for old times’ sake.

What.

No, I’m not an OG.

Apparently Azure thinks I’m technically still new, so I guess I’ll still be new in like 3 years.

It’s whatevs.

I started playing SF when I was 14-15, with most of my arcade torture occurring on CE under “3 rounds, attack while stunned, no throwing” rules. Buying rolls of quarters at a time to get bodied was the most interesting thing to look forward to on my weekends. Lurked around here around '00, but did not really have that much interest in the “scene” in my city per se. Now I show up to get bodied in just about everything I put my hands on. sigh

Does that make me “OG”? Meh, just makes me older with even slower reactions and less of a desire to listen to lame shittalk/dick riding.

Oh, and the “johnson bros” are still here. Trust me on this.

I am aware.

As per my eulogy for Prowl in my previous post.

I only got that trophy for joining before the influx of new people haha

You’re not. OOOOOOOOHHHHH

That is how we know that guy is not OG, because name dropping Az is like saying you used to watch Power Rangers “when they were still in space.”

If someone remembers Zero when he used to talk in third person or when Brandon Lee reigned as the top inscrutable wise poster…then that is OG.

And all those were still way before the patented 24 threads and SRK Higher Institute of Tiering “discussions” as well.

On another unrelated topic, I have been on this site way too fucking long, I don’t even like fighting games.

Dont feel bad i grew up on hawaii and the no throwing rule was here to for sf2 ,But it was hit n grabs …short short short grab, jab jab jab grab, Shit would end with , people stomping each others ass in in the dengy arcades. or a scrap in the parking lot,stabbed,Took me years to get it back in my head that hit n grab is legit,i still barely grab unless its a free one

There was no stabby stabby or anything like that for most of the arcades I was at (as long as you did not mouth off to the wrong people). Still, SF2 life was tough for poke/non shoto chars with no DP/throwing (Vega FTW). Over the years, I have migrated into a throwing centric approach at times, which works against me alot.

Talking about OG, I miss the old Battle Poll days :frowning:

I guess OG is in part nostalgia and part being respected by fellow members.

Good to see longtime posters in this thread… yup there’s that nostalgia part XD

Oh. I missed that. Zeroed in on “huh.”

Instruments of destructioooooonnnn!!’

Been here since 01 and lurked for a while before I registered. Only time I post is in threads like this.

Tapatalk

My name is Osbjorn Gulbranson
My Initials are Literally O.G

Nope. I worked and played with the Cannons back in 1998 (?), but “only” joined the site in Nov 2001 (member #1122), lurked for a long time, and didn’t find out about tournaments outside of Cali until late 2002 because I’m dumb. I just remember Valle, Watson, and Ricky from Tips and Tricks and wishing we had tournaments in our area. You know, like the ones the Cannons and then Rattana were already running. :sad:

A lot of the local scene was too disorganized to keep track of logins/passwords, so our local OGs are generally on new accounts or just lurk these days. I think Row said he had 8 accounts that he was locked out of. :lol:

I was trying to confirm my join date, and noticed you can actually figure out who joined when by just typing in a number! Add any number to this:

Drop this URL on them:

And don’t forget the pre-crash archive of awesome:

" I Give It Two Cocks Up "

What a godlike way to end a review for a fleshlight.

I lurked the MvC2 forums since like 07ish, GD just seem too Elitist for me. So I kept my ass over at Tekken Zaibustu for dat chit chat cafe.

[S]I once jerked off to a redtube video of a guy mouth-fucking another guy in latex and a ring gag.[/S]

I mean I’m not OG. I joined in 2002 but I’m still a relative mystery. Even to myself. The Zelda cartoon is the shit.

I am not an OG, first time I started taking fighting games seriously was when I started to notice UltimateMK.com, I posted there back in 2006. Had some good times with UMK3, loved that game. I think I might of joined this site around that time if it wasn’t for a thread on SRK that was posted on UltimateMK.com, on the thread there were a bunch of ignorant people bashing the game, saying it was broken etc. I think the overall elitist atmosphere is what really turned me off, if I did join I would probably use my old name, Iori9.

Joke noticed, and laughed at.

I’m going to be staying with the Broken Tier crew this week during Evo; I wonder if I should mention the Fleshlight review thread to Viscant when I inevitably meet him. :rofl:

all i want is to be 19 years old again. and for it to be 1994 again.

it gets harder and harder to get out of bed each morning.