Divekick Angles, check it out!

Someone from an IRC chat posted this image:

EDIT: Chart now updated!

Very useful. I could’ve sworn Redacted’s divekick was steeper than Mr. N’s.

Yeeeeees. Now all I need is hitbox/hurtbox data. I swear lightning bolts go right through ppl’s head sometimes and it doesn’t hit.

Doesn’t markman also have an alternate kick?

What about Uncle Sensei when he switches from 1 Divekick to the other?

So who do you think is the best so far? I always seemed to get bodied by Markman.

Dr. Shoals. Her jump height, two radically different angles with the ability to switch whenever, quick and long range kickback, ability to cancel divekick into hover and then divekick again and her meter economy puts her at the top of the charts IMO.

But I play The Baz, so…

Hard to say who’s “best” in a game where it seems we have rather hard counterpicks.

Markman gives me a lot of trouble. I haven’t fought any Senseis.

Some people seem to think S-Kill is one of the worst but I have a hard time believing it.

He does, but it has the same angle as his normal divekick, so it doesn’t get listed.

Those are already listed. He has a 25 degree kick and a 60 degree one, and he switches between those.

Stream’s angles are kind of inaccurate. Well when I say that, I actually mean the kick area in the graph is technically inaccurate.The lines would have to be rounded instead of straight.

I think S-Kill is top 3, if not the absolute best. He has good matchups against Shoals, Redacted and Baz, even with the others, and loses to Dive and Kick. Parry is amazing, trick is amazing, and Seth will fucking destroy you if you don’t know the matchup.

He is, without question, the worst character if you are playing online though.

Man I be struggling as markman. I’ve just resorted to timing people out, because people like Mr.N just pull off these crazy hits. when i could have sworn my angling was legit, lol.

I like how incredibly extreme the Baz is. He is the most extreme of the intercepting characters, not only because of his obvious lightning kick design, but also because he has the lowest jump height in the game and his dependency on meter almost requires a meter gem.

That being said, boy is he broken as hell if you use him right. SO MUCH INVINCIBILITY.

Please elaborate.

I still feel that S-Kill doesn’t really win matches. It’s more like his opponents hang themselves by overextending.

I used to think so too, but when opponents start to turtle, making them respect Trick scares people.

This is how I tend to handle the S-Kill matchup. I wait until he does any teleport, and then I’ll go for a kick to land at where he would end up at after a instant dive teleport into a cancelled second teleport-kick. If I don’t kill with my kick, then I immediately kickback and see what S-Kill does, since his pursuit abilities are very poor. If he lives to the point that he can threaten with Trick, then I try to stay horizontally mobile after his first jump, since I don’t really want to lose a round to Trick gimmicks. That said, Trick costs more than 50% meter, so he’s not going to win all five rounds with it. Shoot, even if S-Kill headshots you, he’s not going to be able to get anything meaningful off of it.

Generally if I land a headshot I use the time to build meter rather than approach.

If you’re gaining meter as much as you’re supposed to be doing with the Baz, he’s invincible so often. His Thunder Shield pretty much completely shuts down every approach strategy by the enemy, especially if you’re holding the line. Skilled play can get you around two kills with every KickFactor. Against Kung Pao, MarkMan, and Jefailey, Baz’s KickFactor is pretty much a guaranteed three rounds.

His downsides are obvious. He can’t really headshot (the Mighty Swing, frankly, kinda sucks other than as a surprise tactic, so it doesn’t really count). It’s INCREDIBLY dangerous for him to try setting up something at close-range. He’s very meter dependent, so you kind of HAVE to use the meter gem. He has the lowest Dive, so escape options are limited to KickBacks, which don’t work in the corner, and horizontal kicks to the other side, which are very dangerous. He also has the most to lose of any character in a concussion, so Dr. Shoals beats him. He also is bad against characters that can change/cancel their dive/kick momentum, so, again, Dr. Shoals beats him. Dr. Shoals is far from being an unwinnable match, though. It just requires much more patience than most other match-ups.

But in exchange, he has the fastest kick in the game (aside from Kick’s New Angle), probably the best KickFactor, a move that is essentially a better parry than S-Kill’s parry, and variable kick angles. Even his Mighty Swing is variable, for what that’s worth at this point in the game. Not to mention, two of his special abilities makes him completely invincible.

In my opinion, the best characters in this game are going to be those who can abuse their ability to vary their Kick angles, and the Baz is one of them.

Right now, though, I think Dr. Shoals might be the best character in the game, though I think that may change once people take advantage of Shoals’ start-up frames for her second kick and people learn how to really use Uncle Sensei.