Digital Myahem SF4 tourney in CT! April 18th

Digital Mayhem is having another SF4 tourney and they are using EVO rules and it’s only going to be SF4 this time around.

Date:
April 18th, 2009

892 North Colony Rd.(RT5)
Wallingford, CT. 06492
For reference, it’s next to a Burger King.

$$$:
$10 venue fee
$10 SF4 Singles
$5 SF4 Teams (3v3 $15/Team)

We will start registration at 11:00am and we hope to kick off the tournament around 1:00pm.

Rules:

General:
-BYOC (Bring your own controller/stick)
-Button mapping will be allowed. Let your opponent know before the match.
-Pausing during a round results in that player losing that round.
-Double blind pick for people that don’t want to be counter picked during the first match. Call an announcer if you need any help with this.

Street Fighter IV Singles
-Double Elimination Best 2 out of 3 Matches, Finals will be Best 3 out of 5 Matches. Each match will be best 2 out of 3 Rounds. Winner of 1st match must stay as same character loser can change characters if they would like.

Street Fighter IV Teams
-Only grand finals will be 2 out of 3 matches.
-Each team can only have one of each character. No 5 Bisons on a team.
-Players must stick with their character throughout the exhibition
-Matches are done elimination style. So team member 1 on each team plays, winner stays. When one team is out of members, they lose.
-Double Elimination depending on the # of teams.

-PS3 version will be used.
-Double Elimination Best 2 out of 3 Matches, Finals will be Best 3 out of 5 Matches. Each match will be best 2 out of 3 Rounds.
-Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character.
-All console characters are tournament legal.

Prizes:
SF4 Singles- 70-20-10
SF4 teams-80-20 There will be a 3rd place prize for teams if there are enough teams entering.

PLEASE BRING PS3’s + Games with every character unlocked!

PLEASE DON’T TOUCH SYSTEMS! Only touch them when you need to use your controller on that system!

If there are any questions please post and I will answer as best as possible. Thx in advance.

arigth if this is happening im there, gotta do a lot better than i did last time.

how come the guys got mad that we were playin rock band?

umm I personally didn’t get mad but somebody else might of. If it was during a tourney match most people need to listen to the sound fx so that could be the reason. I don’t think it should be that much of an issue next time. This should be an awesome tourney.

theres no chance of you doing it on 360 is there?

We are trying to make just like EVO so unless they change it to mixed systems then no. Sry

You should still try to show there is alot of comp going to be there so it should be awesome.

i should be able to

if its like EVO, then for the SF4 3v3, team members have to play different characters. also, they have to stick with that same character for the tournament. u might wanna put that in the main post.

hope this tournament gets stickied soon!

http://evo2k.com/?p=31
http://evo2k.com/?p=22

oh wow I didn’t know that I will see what I can do.

I actually only see this tourney using the one character per team rule. We are all pretty much from the same region but I would like to keep the grand finals at 2 out of 3. It is a general rule that people can’t change characters during teams but i will post most of this stuff and it will stay at 3v3 because we won’t know how many people are showing up. If you have any issues please post and I will answer it as best as possible.

double posting sry but this needs to be said this tourney is going to be awesome!!!

count me in - issue is I don’t have a PS3 stick. I’ll check into options, otherwise it shoudl be NP to borrow someone’s right?

If 360s are allowed, i can bring my 360 w/ game, and i’ll have a stick

I’m in for this as well, but like Siyko, I don’t own a PS3 stick. I would need to borrow one from a fellow player. Would there be someone at the tourney willing to share?

Guilty of not having a PS3 stick (or having my XBox stick modded with a Cthulhu board) as well. I’ll have to rent one out from someone, lol.

Well if this goes well I might make the next one WCG rules if people are down. WCG is going to use 360 so that might be a plus for some.

are you actually going to pay the players what you say?

PS3 all the way!

No, I talked to some people about using those rules and the general vote was to just stick with EVO rules so that’s what I will probably do.

do we have to pre register or just show up ?

if it’s like other digital mayhem events, just show up at least half an hour before the tourn starts and you’re good

just wanted to update i am bringing my crew of 3-5 to this

If it was like last time, show up and register there.

There was a 360 setup last time on the projector. Wasn’t used for the tourney but we warmed up on there for several hours. I’ll bring my 360 stick again in case we get a few 360s setup. But I will be borrowing someone’s stick for the actual tourney. :frowning: