DIE ALREADY! The Jill Valentine Combo/Strategy Thread

thats too funny. adding the combos. and if you submit a combo, please submit the damage, and if possible the meter gain

The damage is 100% and the meter gain is until they die.

lol not for the infinities, i was talking for everything else. but thanks.

and specifically j.MMHS j.MMHS s.mh qcf+h j.h s.mh qcf+m h xx guns

are these corners?

Mid-screen combo( can work in the corner as well): 502,062 DMG, 1 Super Bar used. Almost a full meter gained(about 3/4th’s or so)

c.:l:, c.:m:, st.:h:xxFeral Cancelxx:h:xxJump cancel:uf:, (j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:)x2,:m:, :h::qcf::m:>:l:xx:qcf::l:xx:dp::atk::atk:(can swap the DP super for gun super for 512K dmg. Although you can DHC reset after the DP super)

Mid-screen combo 2: 550,000 DMG, 1 Super Bar used. 1 meter gained. Maybe character specific, but so far it works on a standing Cap. America.

Instant overhead j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, st.:m:, st.:h:xxFeral Cancelxx:h:xxJump cancel:uf:,(j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:)x2,:m:, :h::qcf::m:>:l:xx:qcf::l:xx:dp::atk::atk:

someone using DHC trick with the raven strike super? or is just me? ^^

Does anyone know what team Jill Valentine is good for?

the team building thread might be able to help you

Is she any good? I use Zero I was wondering if that’s good.

oh she is, and in fact shes a tad faster than zero is from my speculation. give her a try and try to do some of the combos, then go on to learning the FC cancel combos

considering she’s been available for less than 24 hours, I’m sure no ones in the position to say if shes good or bad at the moment.

I don’t think they are, but maybe on some characters. They are definitely easier in the corner. I haven’t tested them on many characters though.

There are ways to add qcf.L or some other moves in the combo, but the damage is basically always the same, around 500k. If you skip the launcher part to do her dp Hyper, you can get up to 550k maybe, but for one bar it’s rarely worth it.

Her machine gun hyper is very random. They start blocking after the first bullet very often, but sometimes it will hit for 200kish. It’s definitely useless against small characters, but maybe on sentinel…

Btw, her command grab (dp.M) combos into dash dp.L for 170k.

I don’t think she’ll be top tier though, and she’s definitely hard to master, not braindead like Sent and spammy like Phoenix.

i am simply stating “she is”. im not backing it up with anything except saying he should simply try her out n see how she feels. if someone just asks “IS SHE ANY GOOD” im just going to say yes, no matter how bad they are. Id rather someone try out a new character than just be like “oh no, she bad, I dun wanna try her now”

all characters in this game are good, and have potential to be great. :slight_smile:

Good looking out. I was wondering what her throws could do. But i do believe if your back is to a corner, you can combo out of it as well. that needs some testing. and ill update later, got work now

So a possible setup would be to teleport after a blocked cartwheel, and instant command grab from the corner, then combo out of it.

Her mixup is actually 5way then :slight_smile:

This sounds Absolutely rediculous. Dont forget about XFC AS WELL as Level 3 mad beast. lol that would make a HELLA troll win

its so funny cuz on shuma gorath thread they say shuma gorath is freaking good, and here they say jill is freaking good. lol to all those fan boys out there

But right now were moreso testing what is good and what to use. It’s not that were fanboys, were giving time to try her out n trying to max out her potential… Just like the shuma forums, and hopefully the rest of the character forums

I have been playing around with Jills combos and loops a bit and these are the combos I found and made a video for:

MvC3 - DarkDeath Jill combos

J:h:,j:s:,:uf::m:,:m:,:h:,:s:,:h:,:s:,s.j,:h:,:qcf::m:,:b::h:,:qcf::h:,j.:s:,:m:,:h:,:qcf::l:,:dp::atk::atk:

:uf::m:,:m:,:h:,:s:,:h:,:qcf::h:,j.:s:,:uf::m:,:m:,:h:,:s:,:uf::m:,:m:,:h:,:s:,:uf::m:,:m:,:h:,:s:,:dp::atk::atk:

J:h:,j:s:,:uf::m:,:m:,:h:,:s:,:uf::m:,:m:,:h:,:s:
,:d::h:,:b::h:,:qcf::h:,air :qcf::m:, :uf::m:,:m:,:h:,:s:,:uf::m:,:m:,:h:,:s:,:dp::atk::atk:

all corner only

~DarkDeath

link isn’t working for me :confused:

Nice video.
The link is a bit messed-up. Here’s fixed, non-mobile version version:
[media=youtube]1EpQrJEfAfc[/media]

By the way, did you try doing Machine Gun Spray as a combo ender? It usually does more damage in longer combos. Raven Spike is better when you are going for the DHC damage/hitstun scaling reset.

^^ I DHC trick Raven Spike into Morrigans AV.

Also, I think we should have a thread ( either seperate, or as a section in this thread) dedicated to resets. Jill is a reset MONSTER. Seriously Ive already come up with a bunch that can lead to 100%, and the resets themselves are 100% safe (barring someone throwing a random ass lvl 3 hyper, and of course depending on the assist youre using in tandem with Jill’s mixups).