Dictator M. Bison Season 2 Discussion

Season 2 / Akuma is coming December 20, 2016

A lot of information coming out from PSX on site.

Here’s what is being reported so far, so share your thoughts. I’d like to create this as kind of a reboot to all the mixed responses in the social thread.

M. Bison
[list]
[] 3f standing light kick; this opens up a lot more 3f s.LK xx LP blast, LK or EX knee press punishes, tick grabs and general interruption
[
] VT Light Knee Press sped up
[] Forward and backward walk speeds improved
[
] Back throw okizeme unaffected by supposed throw changes
[*] Shadow axe aka the worst target combo supposedly lessened the gap between s.MP~DF.HP, might not be interrupted by mediums/jabs; but can only combo standing light kick
[/list]

Everybody else
[list]
[] Anti-air jabs supposedly made much more vulnerable
[
] Invincible frames exclusive to EX-versions only now
[*] Post forward/back throw positionings changed so their pressure is different
[/list]

Impressions from discovigilante

Share other findings you may stumble onto through social media or websites.

Let 2017 be the true year Bison is high tier again.

3 Frame S.LK is massive.
Obviously it means we get to keep the pressure on characters with 3 frame lights after a blocked Psycho Axe.
It improves our defensive options with the ability to interrupt 3 frame gaps. Our quality of life will improve against Laura were she is 0 after dashing in after a forward throw or HP Bolt Charge anti air we can now take a thread and get out of the pressure. We maybe able to better punish some character like Alex after LP.Slash Elbow.

VT LK. Knee Press speed up, this is also good, we should now be also be able to combo into from C.MK, which opens up two bar VT combo’s instead of just Blast to Ex. Knee Press. It we can combo from lights that would also be help as again we will have access to two bar VT combos after landing a light strength move.

Improved walk speed helps. Apparently backwards walk got a noticeable buff. Might mean mid screen if we block Mika or Alex’s F+HP we can now walk out of their command throw range. Obviously speed buffs help with positioning regarding footsies and anti air.

Throw nerf to many characters makes Bison more competitive, has to deal with less pressure.

If Shadow Axe combo’s without counter hit I still don’t think it makes up for the loss of combo ability into C.MP. It might have some situational uses regarding being a better punish for characters at max S.MP range. I also heard its now -8 on block. I don’t really have an issue with this to be honest.

However if it still doesn’t combo on regular hit and its combo ability has been nerfed, well its going to become a completely useless move.

As I said in the main thread I don’t think many Bison players where using Shadow Axe properly and only gambling on using it as frame trap. Its very strong in the footsie game currently and I’m very disappointed its been changed. I enjoy using it as is.

The other buff I heard is now he can store a projectile from using his V-Skill. I still don’t see being too useful. Against Guile, Chun, Nash finding space to use it without getting counter hit out of recovery by a poke is the issue. I’ll reverse judgement on this for now.

The balance changes for other character look to make Bison a lot more competitive overall.

If TC is a true combo then we can fish for VTC with it much better.

3f is indeed the biggest buff along with the system changes (v-reversal, post-throw oki and lack of invul on dp frame 1)

I’m still trying to find out what the specifics are for the target combo. It’s supposed to combo but also linkable? I suppose we’re getting some patch overview post soon from Capcom Unity but what’s the purpose of it?

How can you fish with it better?

Are you randomly going start throwing out Target Combo when in S.MP range and hope that it hits and if it doesn’t you end up getting punished harder than before?
If your talking about using like you can now out of S.MP range as a counter poke, you can do that right now and get more damage, stun and better follow up potential.

Hold up, where did you get S2 start date is January?

When he receives an AA then I can tell that I’ll be calm about his future in this game; otherwise nothing will have changed that is his main weakness, he is a “defensive character” without defense.

other very important aspect remaining to be seen are 1)Vskill and I know about the buff, but it needs to be faster to be useful against Chun-li, Nash and Guille; 2)his specials they need to be good outside Ex version and 3) his Vtrigger, if when he used his special drain V meter, keep losing options or wins new ones after activating, how long lasts.

One thing is to improve someone who was terrible and another is to make a good and competitive character.

You can still do the very same damage off tc vtc now, but you dont actually need to make smp be a counter hit.

It is also a very good move to use and activate vt if you need to get.close and you cant scissors hk

If they reduced his hitstun, its +12/+1 on hit and block. Everything works
If they simply made its recovery slower by 3f (which matches) then it is still +15/+4

Its basically a buff to bison s vtc

Bison sounds good now. Walk speed buff brings him back hopefully to his old movement glory since he doesn’t have dive kicks/overheads/command grabs to mix people up (as he traditionally doesn’t). Psycho Axe being able to frame trap 3 framers puts him on the map offensively too.

Fix his V Trigger and V Skill and should be good to go.

this wasn’t included ?

I’ve been playing with the accidentally posted S2 build on Steam, and from what I can tell the new version of the Shadow Axe TC cannot combo into anything at all without CH (including s.LK), so it is less than +3 oH now. VTC purposes only.

Comparing both this build and the live PS4 build, there are no walkspeed changes.

Other than the V-Skill change and the 3f s.LK I’m not real fond of Bison’s changes. Really could have used a bigger change to c.HP or something while they were buffing the shit out of everyone else’s non-s.LP AA options.

Edit - One thing I haven’t seen mention of is that in VT, EX Psycho Blast projectile no longer travels faster than outside VT, so it is better for setting up behind.