Demon Village Redux: Firebrand Video Thread

post any and all firebrand related videos in this thread

[media=youtube]glC3smK8_B0[/media]

Cris g using firebrand on his team

[media=youtube]ssfhIAlhc2E[/media]

[media=youtube]ndJQryhrfMU[/media]

This guy was using Simple Mode Firebrand on a stream I was watching. I was surprised at how incredibly effective just spamming his two swoops could be; maybe something for us to learn from:
http://www.twitch.tv/fusillade/b/301020173
http://www.twitch.tv/fusillade/b/301021557

This is me in losers finals at the tournament we had this past Sunday. It was my best finish ever, only been playing competitively since a couple months after vanilla, so I was pretty jacked. I was feeling some jitters though, I drop some stuff that I usually feel is pretty easy for me.

[media=youtube]YJdtzrLYbxQ[/media]

I feel I could have beaten him this time, but my mistakes definitely cost me this match. He switched to Spencer on point after game 1, and his Atk+S zipline towards me pressure was really hard to get around. The fact that the zipline puts you in blockstun if it connects makes it really hard to get a chance to get above him to bon voyage him. My wesker and taskmaster did a lot of work in this match, but there is some good firebrand stuff too.

I realize there are lots of mistakes, so don’t point out to me things about dropping combos. :stuck_out_tongue: Any other constructive criticism is welcome though.

Good stuff man I was there and rootin for you. Love seeing a good Firebrand in action and hope to see you there this sunday JG.

Thanks man, I might be there for casuals, but I can’t stay for the tourney. Next tourney I’ll be playing in is the big one on January 8th.

Big Marcus performing the Firebrand Snapback Trap Loop in actual matches. (starting around the 37 minute mark)

I was playing on F-Champ’s stream the other day and my Firebrand is doing pretty decently! :smiley: This character is broken and all of you should be ashamed for abusing such an OP character! (Says the person who plays Viper/Firebrand and Viper’s best assist. >.>; ) http://www.twitch.tv/col_cc_fchamp/b/304291216

My first match is at 1:25:30 or so and I have a first to 7 with K-beast at 1:41:30.

The play is: F-Champ, K-Beast, CJ Showstopper, and myself.

I actually have a bunch of technology not shown in my play since it’s really hard to integrate it into muscle memory, but I’m firmly of the opinion that even without his unblockable Firebrand is the character with the best offense/mix up in the game.

I was watching. Your Firebrand was really good, and I picked some stuff up from you.

Thankies! I have all this technology with him that I can’t use yet but I’m starting to think that when he’s played really well he doesn’t have bad match ups. All of his bad match ups I only have that way primarily thanks to his lack of invincibility, but he can fight all of the good characters really well with an issue against Hawkeye and against Strange. Either of those 2 characters die terribly if he gets inside however so I’m highly excited to see what happens if someone with good offense picks him up. If someone like Yipes, Marlinpie, etc picked him up I’d be fully comfortable in saying that they would be beating even more people than they already do.

Quick and Dirty Firebrand for people who want to pick him up in like 8 minutes.

[media=youtube]t6xjPHh8WSc[/media]

Messed around with Hawkeye and Strange assists for a bit, got this combo out of it.

[media=youtube]0mi91SbGKSA[/media]

Then one with only Strange assist because realistically that is the one that would be available most of the time

[media=youtube]GqOLNhqpouo[/media]

How’s the damage and meter? Sorry, the screen is hard to see.

My bad, it looked crispier on my phone

1st combo is ~640k, builds like .95 meter
2nd combo is ~600k, also builds about .95 meter

add 20k to each if you start with j.S. I suspect that they would build the entire meter if bon voyage hits more than just a couple of times.

Yo where can i find high level firebrand play? I mean I check Crisis stuff but haven’t seen anything recent and really, I hear a lot about how firebrand is top tier but sans having an unblockable setup, I’m unsure why that is. Sure he has great movement but he isn’t TODing too many characters, and he has little life. It seems like you would have to open up a character 2-3 times when they can just open firebrand up once and kill him.

Firebrand with some TODs

[media=youtube]MsNnOLVythg[/media]

My friend plays a decent Firebrand, as fr as I know. Here is set of matches split in 5 parts. He starts using him more after the first part though.

[ 8:00 ]

[media=youtube]0JHgwUybOGU[/media]

Could you please remove this video. There is nothing related to firebrand there(pt1 and pt2 was bad).

I was lazy, as usual. But since you told me which ones didn’t have Firebrand, I linked the right one and added a time-stamp. Problem fixed?

I’m going to sound like a penis for saying this, but I would not agree with “decent”. Contrary to that, your friend honestly looks like he only recently picked up Firebrand: the play seemed very underutilised, especially in the maneuverability department, and he only seemed to net damage by catching you with random fireballs and 'dat 4 frame c.:l:. Overall, your friend does not seem anywhere near as intuitive with the tools Firebrand has compared to pretty much every other character he played.