Decapre match up

A Cammy clone…that was so necessary!

best strategy: counterpick!

Focus helps when she goes invisible. Fake fireballs mixed with regular fireballs. Sting can be baited and is very punishable. She dies quickly. If there’s room, tatsu backwards away from her U2 (Sim like ultra). Trying to go forward over it is bad unless you are going to catch her in recovery. Her hands move is fairly safe. Ground pound on wake up is unreadable to me. 50/50 guess. Easily punished. Wake up focus can help.

not sure if focus should be generalized when she goes invisible as her slide breaks focus and after a cross pound you may look in the wrong direction. Furthermore she has always the time to AA you if you jump or exflip over her ball U2…

Her non-ex hands move is only punishable by cr.lp (if sloppy spaced), but 1fr punish! Too much risk for me… Maybe mashed MP Super is an option

If she does full screen U2, you can neutralize the ball with your own U2 (need to charge 1 lvl). Full screen it may be worth it if you have the life lead and do not want to deal with that “mix up”… Neutralizing certainly contains risks though…

I don’t suggest focusing a slide either. My bad on not clarifying. It’s also not a good idea to focus all day. But focus helps this match up.
And yeah, don’t jump over the ultra 2. I have hit her out of recovery but that was her mistake where I flipped in at just the right time.

Cr.lp xx hk tatsu punishes hands. Trust it, do it!

No, this does not work. I hit it with a hado and then did 5 hit Denjin for a total of 6 hits. It kept coming and I was hit from behind into her U2 and juggled with hands. It hurt. This is not good advice.

best thing is to ex tatsu thru it…shit gets rdiculous reach on her extended arms…of course you need to be near her…tried that denjin shit in training…too many hits needed

damn, i said full screen! Denjin is pretty save full screen… I do not tell you to do this if she uses her U-Ball on your wake up… This is certainly situational and no solution for all…

one (?) hit of her ball ultra remains, which is certainly not a threat anymore, if you are full screen…

it wasn’t on wake up. It was at least 3/4 of the screen away. I had time to throw hadoken and charge denjin to 5 hits before I saw her start to move. Also, even 1or 2hits is enough for her to juggle you and this troll bitch does ridiculous, uncalled for damage. 250 on a 50/50 ground pound into air grab. That’s nonsense. I despise this character to the core of my being.

… I completely agree!

ya, this matchup is balls.

completely shuts down ambig wakeup offense.
can’t be zoned.
can’t generally be punished for her offense.

wtf is the strategy here?

If she disappears either focus or jump hk/hp if she doesn’t have ex.

There’s a weak spot in her wake up that allows you to land behind if she normal wakes up and safe jumps her DWU (she reversals she’s toast or you get safe pressure.

Other than that, good luck, she’s barely punishable and you really can’t zone much.

Shits a pain for me too…but i would say when im playing good against her its because of movement…

When gouken cant get in he retreats they follow and eat our advantageous bi directional hit box attacks from dj hk as we jump back…I know its basic shit but in retreat theres not a lot that can beat us that’s why pursuit property helps us tremendously in regards to the AE buff to hk.

once shes in the air on descent lpalm and mpalm interrupt her a lot…

her srk can easily be baited to whiff on her wakeup. our cr hp hitbox is bigger its just her armour break on it kills a ton of natural feeling gflip>parry baits when playing her.

it is my firm belief you can shut her srk down on startup with dj hk…

I also hate to say this is a matchup where they have to chase us down because going in is a pain in the ass when its toe to toe…i find myself having to predict a lot of shit with Gouken when I play and this is one of those matchups

The best way to work this is to plan on hit and run tactics. A few hits here and there and then wait for her retaliation. None of it is actually safe to do UNTIL she’s got you in block stun.

yup last 3 posts

Df baits stopping short of her and manual dive kick baits, if she’s moving forward she has nothing to use besides a jump, watch trying to attack her after her jazz hands, lot of them wait for a sweep or poke and she’ll hit you with the blade, j.mp xx tatsu, standing roundhouse and Kara throws work well when she’s coming at you, lots of x-ups and and throw a low counter into her block strings, ready a focus if she disappears into the air with no ex, and if you can red focus her jazz hands she’s toast she’s a glass jaw with a pressure offense. I’ve also had some success with mk df slide after a forward throw, they are waiting for the dive kick and stops short but slide will clip her legs

Cr.lp xx hk tatsu will make her stop throwing hands after every link. All except ex hands are punishable with that combo. LP hands are -3 so you have to be frame perfect.

If she spaced it right you aren’t getting cr.lp to land and you’ll get blown up when you try. Back dash.