Dealing with Zero,Doom and general keep away?

Hello I’m new to SRK! Figured I would check out the Felicia forums since she is my main.

Anyways I didn’t see a matchup thread so I figured I would ask this here. What exactly do you do about Zero? More specifically Zero backed by hidden missiles?

I run Dante with Jam session on my team and that should work in theaory but it seems like there arent many openings in Zero’s gameplan. No matter what he does none of it really seems unsafe he can always just cancel to buster then lightning then Im dead.

Running Dante first helps a bit but I would love to hear what more experienced Felicia players do against Zero.

~Byrd

Characters who can just chill in the air and cut-off approaches from below them are definitely her worst match-ups. I’m planning to pick up Strider because I figure Vajra would be the best assist for dealing with those kinds of characters, plus she can get full combos off of it easily.

As 645 said, Strider’s vajra helps alot in those match up and since Felicia can easily pick up after a hard knock down like that, she and Strider go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly.

How quick can you wave dash? Felicia’s wave dash is among the greatest of all the characters; there’s an interval between Zero’s blasts with the need for it to charge so dash and block until you get close. Then go for the grab or an air delta kick while following up with an extended combo from toy touch.

The trick is to call beam assist when missles is called. That blows up doom. Most smart players try and call doom while they are up in the air so you’ll have to work out a plan to get to him after that. Zero with missles isn’t nearly as scary as morrgan dorm or mags.