Dealing with Nova's massive priority

Hey maybe you Nova players can help me out.

I have a serious problem fighting Nova; mainly due to his massive priority. It’s unreal. Whenever I try to attack him he generally totally negates any physical attacks that I pull with either his air H, crouching l, or human rocket punch. Sometimes it’s absolutely unbelievable how high his priority is. It’s often to a point where I have to totally abandon going for combos because I know that he will simply knock me out of whatever move I try. This results in me trying to block him and only respond to him whiffing an attack–this is HUGE no no of a strategy because then he lands his throw that apparently doesn’t scale the damage on his combos. Basically the only thing that seems to work is keepaway–which is fine considering that’s my main play style. However, then he just starts spamming high speed tackle. What am I supposed to do? My team is taskmaster (vert arrows)/dorm (hole)/Doom (missiles).

Taskmaster with missiles beat Nova pretty handily. Taskmaster has all the necessary tools to fight Nova. You see an airdash j.H coming, you can neutral jump j.M with Taskmaster to beat it. Also, Shield Skill. Keep him out. His cr.L is ass so I don’t know why you’re even mentioning it when Task’s normals totally shit on his. Human Rocket Punch is generally completely unsafe. Most Nova’s don’t cancel their normals properly so if you see a Nova do cr.M, they normally cancel this into cr.H to keep this safe, however its not. With Taskmaster you can pushblock his cr.M and punish his cr.H whiffing with Shield Skill. His throws all scale his damage significantly unless he raw tags a character. You just need to lvl up your game and counter what he’s doing. Think of what he’s going to do and counter him. You can fight him with your tools. Taskmaster is a problem for Nova if you know what you’re doing. If you bait his high speed tackle then he doesn’t have meter to continue doing it. Also, it’s much more difficult to confirm if you’re in the air so keep that in mind.

Thanks!

It seems like a lot of what you’re suggesting relies on blocking and then punishing. Is there anyway to minimize the risk of getting tagged by his amazing throw while doing this? It just seems so risky to block with his incredible throw game.

Learn to tech throws. Stop mashing. Punish him for trying to fuck with you. Blocking is essentially key to getting better at Marvel. Stay mobile and avoid him. You have missiles. YOU can control the matchup. The only advice I have to give you is to get better and understand you have all the tools to be a massive pain in the ass for Nova players. You also have an incredible throw game. Arguably even better.

You have a meterless counter, use it to beat option select air dash H. I don’t know why Taskmaster players don’t do this more often. Other than that, zone and do everything Marv said. Task/missiles beats Nova pretty well so you can definitely win against him solidly.

lmfaoo…Damn Marvelo…you got kinda hostile with this response O_O…but yeah…Nova isn’t hard to blow up. Once you zone him and make him desperate, you have a great chance.

LOL. I’m pretty blunt sometimes haha.