Dealing with Haggar

How do you guys usually open up Haggar with out getting hit with the pipe? I mean Cr.M is only going to do so much against Haggar backed with Sent drones. J.H gets you hit with the pipe. I’m having trouble with this matchup.

I had trouble with this match for a while, but here’s what i do now. Back up, put up a shield and toss javelins with assists. Eventually he’ll probably get close without you being able to escape, as soon as that happens look to block a pipe, then call an assist and airdash/ground dash forward. Your assist should lock him down as he recovers from the pipe and allow you one mixup, WATCH OUT FOR LARIAT. If your mixup doesn’t hit, get out to the other side of the screen and start it all up again.

Put up Pulse, chuck javelins. Super Jump H Rocket punch before he gets too close. repeat as necessary.

Speaking of Heavy people, what would you people recommend against Hulk? I’m struggling way too hard with that match-up

see above. That basic concept applies to just about every heavy. Nova’s got effective enough zoning and mobility to play keepaway. Just have to be patient and plan ahead so you don’t get cornered and then piped or Standing H’d

Don’t forget, if you can read your opponent, you can sometimes catch him with Centurion H.

Exactly for how many frames does Cent H have armor?

Lol I play this match up a lot of times with my friend.

• Basically… You have to play super patient against hagger, Pulse will usually stop his track and stop maybe 1 or 2 drones but than u gotta run with super jump rocket punch H.
  • If Pipe is coming without an assist than u have two options, air grab him before pipe actually comes out or dash under and mash Jab, of course… going under is really risky but is a very effective away of getting around hagger. Of course… If your playing a team that helps Hagger kill characters off of air-throws, than basically u have to dwiddle haggar down as much as you can. Once that is done, get a combo going and finish him off.
  • Pulse and Javelin hammer will basically keep him away. Do not rush Hagger because of lariat. If you REALLY wanna approach hagger, C.Mp will be your safest so that you will avoid haggers lariat.

Gravimetric L/M can also ruin his day, but you have to be proactive about them since they have a 16 frame startup. Stays active for forever and a half too.

You have to ZONE Haggar, Hulk, She-Hulk, Nemesis, Tron in any way possible, preferably with assists. Sentinel will rape Nova Free if he tries to zone (spits into rocket punch into Hyper Sentinel Force). Thor can zone Nova with assists and Mighty Spark :l: but like most heavy characters, just play patiently and don’t do any mistakes when calling an assist, especially in Nemesis, Hulk, and Sentinel’s case.