Dat Stark Industries Technology: The MvC3 Iron Man Combo Thread V2

:.: Disclaimer: This thread was created to help consolidate all the combos discovered thus far in a more organized fashion. Permission was already grant by both Diek Stiekem and the creator of the original thread.

• Previous Thread: Chicks love combo’s: The Iron Man Combo Thread -
  • NOTE: With most combos that end with Proton Canon, the Proton Canon can be swapped out for Iron Avenger.
  • NOTE 2: You can combo after Iron Avenger with a wave-dash :dp::h: into Proton Canon.
  • Last Update: 09-1-11 -

:.:Legend:.:
:l: = Light
:m: = Medium
:h: = Heavy
:s: = Exchange
:qcf::atk::atk: = Proton Canon
:qcb::atk::atk: = Iron Avenger
:a1: =Assist 1
:a2: =Assist 2
DHC = Delayed Hyper Combo
XFC = X-Factor Cancel
AD = Airdash
ADDF = Air Dash Down Forward
FLY/UNFLY = :qcb::s:
SJC = Super Jump Cancel
:u: = Double Jump

:.:Basic Bread’n’Butters:.:
Brady Guide Combo 1
Damage: 600,000
Meter Needed: 1
Works on All the Cast: N/A
Notes: N/A
++++
:d::l:,:d::m:,:h:,:s:,SJC,j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:d::h:,j.:s:,DASH,:dp::h:(Smart Bomb), :qcf::atk::atk:(Proton Canon)

Brady Guide Combo 2
Damage: 799,100
Meter Needed: 3
++++
:d::l:,:d::m:,:h:,:qcb::l:(Repulsor Blast),:qcb::atk::atk:(Iron Avenger)

Basic Double Jump Combo
Damage: N/A
++++
:d::l:,:d::m:,:h:,:s:,SJC,j.:m:,j.:h:,:u:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:s:,DASH,:dp::h:(Smart Bomb), :qcf::atk::atk:(Proton Canon)

Repulsor Blast Combo
Damage: 575,000
++++
:d::l:,:d::m:,:h:,:s:,:qcb::l:(Repulsor Blast),:d::m:,:h:,:s:,j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:d::h:,j.:s:,:dp::h:(Smart Bombs),:qcf::atk::atk:(Proton Canon)

:.:Air Throw Combos:.:
NOTE: Air Throw Combos are very height dependent.
Basic Air Throw Combo
Damage:
Meter Needed: 1/3
++++
AIR THROW,:dp::h:(Air Smart Bombs),AD,j.:m:,j.:h:,LAND,:qcf::atk::atk:(Proton Canon) or :qcb::atk::atk:(Iron Avenger)

Basic Air Throw Combo V2
Damage:
Meter Needed: 1/3
++++
AIR THROW,:dp::h:(Air Smart Bombs),AD,j.:m:,j.:h:,LAND,:s:,SJC,j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:s:,DASH,:dp::h::qcf::atk::atk:(Proton Canon)

:.:Trag13 Combos:.:
[media=youtube]gBBo5lJYMxQ&feature=related"[/media]
Damage: 613,600
++++
TRI-JUMP :d::h:,:d::m:,:h:,:qcb::l::s:,j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:d::h:,:u:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:s:,DASH,:dp::h:(Smart Bomb), :qcf::atk::atk:(Proton Canon)

[media=youtube]9Ufg4JzSKjE&feature=related"[/media]
Damage: 901,500
Meter Needed: 3
++++
:d::m:,:h:,:s:,j:m:,j.:h:,j.:d::h:,FLY,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:d::h:,UNFLY,j.:h:,:u:,j.:h:,j.:s:,DASH,:dp::h:(Smart Bombs),:qcb::atk::atk:(Iron Avenger)

:.:Fly Bread’n’Butter’s:.:
Basic Fly Combo
++++
:d::l:,:d::m:,:h:,:s:,SJC,j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:h:,FLY,j.:m:,j.:m: j.:h:,j.:d::h:,j.:s:,DASH,:dp::h:(Smart Bombs),:qcf::atk::atk:(Proton Canon)

Wil’s Fly Combo
++++
FLY,:l::m::h::s:LAND:d::l:,:d::m:,:h:FLY,:l::m::h::s:LAND:m:,:h:,:s:,SJC,j.:m:,j.:m:,:u:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:s:,DASH,:dp::h:(Smart Bombs),:qcf::atk::atk:(Proton Canon)

TeamBrownTown Combo
[media=youtube]S_mS6iXG2Kw[/media]
Damage: 704,400
++++
:d::m:,:s:,j.:h:,FLY,j.:m:,j.:d::h:,UNFLY,j.:h:,:u:,j.:h:,j.:d::h:,LAND,:m:,:s:,SJC,j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:d::h:,j.:s:,DASH,:dp::h:(Smart Bombs),:qcf::atk::atk:

Iron Man’s Epic Combo!!!
[media=youtube]qc08-K2-BoA[/media]
++++
j.:s:,:d::m:,:s:,SJC,j.:h:,FLY,j.:m:,j.:d::h:,UNFLY,j.:h:,:u:,j.:h:,j.:d::h:,:d::m:,:s:,SJC,j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:h:,:u:,j.:d::h:,j.:s:,DASH,:dp:H:(Smart Bombs),:qcf::atk::atk:(Proton Cannon)

AutoPilot Combo
[media=youtube]LwZvIHr3KcY[/media]
Damage: 688,900
++++
:d::m:,:d:,:h:,:s:,SJC,j.:h:,FLY,j.:m:,j.:d::h:,UNFLY,ADDF,j.:d::h:,:d::m:,:s:,SJC,j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:s:,DASH,:dp::h:(Smart Bombs),:qcf::atk::atk:(Proton Cannon)

acllaim’s Fly Combo
Damage: 705,400
++++
:d::l:,:d::m:,:d:,:h:,:s:,NEUTRAL SJC,j.:h:,FLY,j.:m:,j.:d::h:,UNFLY,ADDF,j.:d::h:,:d::m:,:s:,SJC,j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:d::h:,:u:,j.:m:,:j.:d::h:,j.:s:,DASH,:dp::h:(Smart Bombs),:qcf::atk::atk:(Proton Cannon)

The “Krispy” Combo
[media=youtube]rLFWFNwAU_I[/media]
Damage: 711,500
++++
TRI-JUMP :m:,:d::l:,:d::m:,:h:,FLY,:l:,:m:,:d::h:,UNFLY,j.:h:,:uf:,:m:,:h:,:d::h:,:d::m:,:s:,SJC,j.:m:,j.:m:,:h:,j.:d::h:,:u:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:s:,DASH,:dp::h:,:qcf::atk::atk:

Exarkun’s Fly Combo
Damage: 713,000
++++
:d::m:,:h:,FLY,j.:l:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:s:,LAND,j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:d::h:,j.:s:,:d::m:,:h:,SJC,j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:d::h:,:u:,j.:h:,j.:s:,DASH,:dp::h:(Smart Bombs),:qcf::atk::atk:

Modified Exarkun’s Fly Combo

Damage: 728,600 | 961,200
Meter Needed: 1 | 3
Works on All the Cast: Timing changes a little for Joe and Ammy
Notes: Easier version of Exarkun’s.
++++
:d::m:,:h:,FLY,j.:l:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:s:,LAND,j.:l:,j.:m:,j.:d::h:,j.:s:,:d::m:,:h:,SJC,j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:h:,:d::h:,:u:,j.:m:j.:h:,j.:s:,DASH,:dp::h:(Smart Bombs),:qcf::atk::atk:, or :qcb::atk::atk:

Modified KrispyKream combo
[media=youtube]RKd6Psi-i-o[/media]
Damage: 750,800
Works on All the Cast: Yes
Notes: leaves you with a net gain of ~85% of a bar. Add Doom rocks (or any number of assists) before OTG bombs,
++++
ADDF,:m:,:d::m:,:h:,FLY,j.:l:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:d::h:,UNFLY,:h:,:u:,j.:m:,j.:d::h:,j.:s:,LAND,:d::m:,:h:,:s:,SJC,j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:d::h:,:u:,j.:h:,j.:d::h:,j.:s:,DASH,:dp::h:(Smart Bombs),:qcf::atk::atk:

Double Avenger combo
[media=youtube]ofDShz8Xo5I[/media]
Damage: 1,061,400/1,100,000 (depends on assist)
Meter Needed: 5
Works on All the Cast: Does not work on heavier characters such as Sentinel/Dormammu/Tron/etc because they fall to the ground too fast, but there is a workaround if you call an assist while dashing in for the initial OTG into launch.
Notes:
++++
:qcb::atk::atk:(Iron Avenger),WAVE DASH,:dp::l:(Smart Bombs),:l:,:d::m:,:h:,:s:, NEUTRAL SJC,j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:d::h:,:u:,j.:d::h:,j:s:,DASH,:dp::h:,:qcb::atk::atk:(Iron Avenger)

Substitute: j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:d::h:,:u:,j.:d::h:,j:s:,DASH,:dp::h:,:qcb::atk::atk:
with: j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:d::h:,:u:,j.:d::h:,j:s:,LAND,:a1:/:a2:,:dp::l:(ASSIST HITS),:qcb::l:(Repulsor Blast),:qcb::h:(Repulsor Spread),:qcb::atk::atk:(Iron Avenger)

GREAT thread.

also i’d prefer that “99% of the cast” not mean 36/38 characters which is closer to 95%.

YEAH I WENT THERE.

Modified KrispyKream combo:

addf :m:, :d:+:m:, :h:xx:qcb::s:, fl.:l:, fl.:m:, fl.:h:, fl.:d:+:h:xx:qcb::s:, unfly :h:, dj.:m:, dj.::d:+:h:, :dj.:s:, land, :d:+:m:, :h:, :s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:d:+:h:, dj.:h:, dj.:d:+:h:, dj.:s:, land, otg :dp::h:xx:qcf::atk::atk:

With/without ad :m:

750,800 / 746,200

Works on everyone, leaves you with a net gain of ~85% of a bar.

Add Doom rocks (or any number of assists) before OTG bombs,

…(assist hits):h:xx:qcf::atk::atk:

788,600 / 783,200

Double Avenger:

(Start with 5 Bars)

:qcb::atk::atk:, wave dash/plink dash, otg :dp::l:, :l:, :d:+:m:, :h:, :s: (jump straight up), sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:d:+:h:, dj.:h:, dj.:d:+:h:, dj.:s:, land, otg :dp::h:xx:qcb::atk::atk:

This is much easier with a multi-hitting assist (Doom rocks, Dormamu Black Hole, etc etc):

Substitute

…sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:d:+:h:, dj.:h:, dj.:d:+:h:, dj.:s:, land, otg :dp::h:xx:qcb::atk::atk:

With

…sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:d:+:h:, dj.:m:, dj.:d:+:h:, dj.:s:, land, call assist, otg :dp::l: (assist hits), :qcb::l:xx:qcb::h:xx:qcb::atk::atk:

Solo: **1,061,400
With assist +1,100,000 (depends on assist)

Does not work on heavier characters such as Sentinel/Dormammu/Tron/etc because they fall to the ground too fast, but there is a workaround if you call an assist while dashing in for the initial OTG into launch.

Good shit. I just replaced Shuma-Gorath for Iron Man on my team, this is mucho helpful.

uggh AJ runnin’ shit

It works on those two, you just have tweak the timing on the j.:l: after the landing. Thus I listed it at 99%.

Got it.

Thank you very much for this thread. Much needed =).

You’re missing a jump :h: at the end of the first combo I posted.

Updated, sorry bout that.

I’m having trouble finishing the “basic fly combo” when i hit S to knock them down to the ground, Ironman doesn’t follow them, he drops straight down instead of down right. Because of this my ground dash to smart bombs can’t reach the person to OTG into special :frowning: what am I doing wrong?

Basic Fly Combo only works in the corner since you don’t jump cancel the fly.

Use Trag13’s Stark Contrast Combo as a basic starting point. Also note to make it easier after the fly, you can do jL jM j2H instead of jM jH j2H.

That’s probably one of the first I learned.

Thanks djHuoshen i was having a hard time getting the M out to combo. its like you have to delay it. i still cant get the timing right.

I find that character weight plays a role in all of the combo timings. It drives me nuts, I know. For instance if I’m trying to do some of the other combos, I gotta change my rhythm slightly depending on who I do it on. I find for the lighter ones after I launch I gotta delay the air hits where as with the heavier folks, I just gotta get up in the air and then go to town.

If you find you’re late after the fly, either try to fly faster, or try to wait a moment more before you start your aerial jump hits.

Could someone please explain how the hell Flash is doing this combo at about 5:18:

Justin.tv - stream0nster - FlashMetroid (JILL/VJOE/IRON) vs. DarkHonor90 (MAGS/DNTE/TRON) Mixup Mondays on Option-Select (4/11/11)

I can’t land the Air Dash Down Forward j.DH for nothin’. The first j.H doesn’t seem to stun enough.

Pretty sure he’s cancelling the :d:+:h: into unfly before airdashing df.

This thread is amazing. Just switched my Phoenix team to Viscant’s and very excited at the 1 and 3/4 bar meter build of the Krispy combo.

Glad I could help.

Yeah ive just figured out to even land this combo after all this time. i think what got me to even land this the first time was after the B to down+C, unfly letting the stick go back to nuetral before the down foward dash did the trick for me. Even still its a hard combo to be consistently with because of timing and specifics.

TeamBrownTown Fly Combo
Fly j.M j.2H unfly.

do you have to do a down H to unfly to make this work?
i get a aerial exchange everytime.