Darkstalkers Veterans? How do you Hsien

Longtime reader, new poster with UMVC’s release.

I’ve seen a lot of disappointment with the lack of Senpu-bu cancel from the Darkstalkers series,and a general feeling that Hsien is low tier/lacking. I wanted to open a dialogue to Hsien veterans because I’m not a Darkstalker vet, but I find her extremely strong, and she can tear through teams if she gets going. I’m wondering what playstyles are out there.

My style of Hsien is on point, rushdown.

Do you feel Hsien ko is still one of your mains, or has she taken a backseat?

Do you consider Hsien the strongest member on your team?

Do you play keepaway Hsien, or rushdown Hsien?

Do you play point Hsien-ko, or keep her as anchor for gold assist? Or 2nd slot for TAC HyperViperHa?

What tricks do you use to approach and open people up with your Hsien playstyle?

How do you handle derp (Doom/Dante/GRider :s: spam, Hulk :h: spam, Wesker normals, Dark Wesker, etc) with Hsien in your hands? Do you give up the match or have a particular team strategy to deal?

It really bothers me when I see other character forums say things like ‘well they’re not as bad as say, Hsien-ko’. I’d like to debunk it, not just shelf her in the eyes of the community. She’s got a pack of knives and she’s more dangerous then she looks.

Hsien is one of my mains, on one of my 3 reserves squads

Hsien is the strongest member and deals the most damage on that team

Rushdown, very rarely keepaway unless Hulk with drones or something

Do you play point Hsien-ko, or keep her as anchor for gold assist? Or 2nd slot for TAC HyperViperHa?
On point, I only ever use her as a point character lately

What tricks do you use to approach and open people up with your Hsien playstyle?
Her jabs are excellent at the start of the match, they beat out a lot of moves if someone tries her. Gong can actually reflect Sentinel drones which is solid for a point Hsien. To approach I use Heavy Senpu-bu in the air, then air dash and assist call/mixup normals coming down. I also use TK Gong and airdash behind it, and fall into Edoga, then jump cancel and airdash into j.:h:.Once she is near then I crossup with Senpu, Dark Hole Assist and jump canceled normals and they open. Dark Hole and Senpu-bu can’t be advanced blocked, so she can mixup hard. if she sucks them into Senpu-bu/jump cancel strings.

How do you handle derp (Doom/Dante/GRider :s: spam, Hulk :h: spam, Wesker normals, Dark Wesker, etc) with Hsien in your hands? Do you give up the match or have a particular team strategy to deal?
If it’s keepaway that’s airbased I Rimoukon and switch to Dormammu and start Mass Change :h:, Hsien can chase but she’s stronger on the ground then in the air. On the ground I throw Anki Hou :l:/:m: to interrupt Phoenix Wrights, etc. Against derp nonsense I Rimoukon cancel off the first chance I get and call Dark Harmonizer while I chase. Trenchcoats aren’t used to their derp being ignored. Works for Hulk too. My team is Hsien A/Dormammu A/Morrigan Y

that’s funny was this inspired by someone talking about hsien ko’s air dash?

to answer your questions;

hsien ko is one of my main I have a viper team and a hsien ko team, in vanilla i didn’t really have a dedicated hsien ko team but i played her on a couple teams i used. so she didn’t take the back seat she actually took the drivers seat :slight_smile:

if by strongest you mean who i am most capable with then yes she is the strongest on my team.

i play both keepaway and rushdown, more so rushdown but there are certain characters that are way easier to just zone out.

i play her on point primarily, second spot is really good but i don’t use tac’s, the only time i use her for anchor is if i really like her against their anchor(phoenix,skrull,wesker is iffy).

approaching is hard, i don’t think i do it properly tbh…against teleport chars i simply don’t i let them come to me block(hopefully) and start from there. no teleport no projectile i zone them until they come to me. everyone else i walk forward

i have no real tricks :frowning: it’s just high or low, also 2l after a 2h seems to frame trap non ag blocking

for doom i gong and assist(task/hawk arrows) anki hou repeat if he zoning me, if he rushes i just try to stay above him and wait for an opening in my experience there is no left/right to worry about with him so if i’m barely on the ground he doesn’t have a lot of mixups to work with it’s just me guessing wrong if i get opened up.
dante i pray.
ghost rider i super jump a lot, what i’ve experienced is he doesn’t have anything to cover the top of his head if he has missiles it’s a long night if they know how to call assists accordingly.
i haven’t played a lot of hulk so i don’t know what the issue is with him really
wesker i block a lot, if he doesn’t know how to command grab i’m happy
d.wesker when i get the chance i rimoukon and wait in the top corner…if life and time isn’t on my side it’s almost impossible if he decides to gun and run imo

err i wrote too much :frowning:

How do you deal with teleporters?

I don’t have a team without her on it except for a screw around Firebrand/x/Morrigan team, so yes, she’s my main. She’s the character I understand the most, even with how different she is here, and I like the character obviously.

Against better players, it gets hard to do much with her on point. I like her second for DHC and assist abuse. Projectile assists help her open up opponents and make it so that they can’t just walk away from her as easily as they could before.

Then again, I haven’t really gotten the chance to play much in Ultimate.

She’s been my main since Vanilla, along with Arthur, Haggar, and Spencer. I never considered dropping her once.

2nd strongest, behind Haggar. One of my best characters, but I have still have some things I need to get better at in order to get to Haggar’s level.

It depends on the match up. However, on the neutral game, I usually play a zoning game and be defensive until I find a good opportunity to strike.

I play Hsien-Ko on point and 2nd. While I usually start Hsien-Ko as 2nd except on my Spencer team, I’m not afraid to get her out. I usually try to DHC out of my point character into Hsien-Ko to save them. I’ll get her into hyper armor and tag out if the opportunity arises. I try to avoid having Hsien-Ko as anchor unless I must have Arthur out on point which he’s my anchor normally. Since I usually have Hsien-Ko on 2nd, she will most likely have a good amount of meter, so I get a combo, it will end up to a ToD if I don’t mess up the Tenraiha loop.

If I have to get in, I’ll do a gong or two to protect my assist, call Arthur’s daggers assist and plink dash or pendulum to close the distance. Once I’m close, my typical mix up is her instant air dash into air H. If they start blocking it, I’ll start doing crouching attacks to open them up. If I force them to block Arthur’s assist on the ground, I either go for the IAD attack or a regular/command grab. If they super jump, I like to try and teleport dash under them and cross them up or just super jump myself and air grab them. If they’re turtling and respecting Hsien-Ko’s attacks, I tend to try a risky tactic and teleport dash them right in their face to cross them up. Surprisingly, that has been working for me a lot lately.

After a character is killed/snapped out and another one is coming, my mix up is to teleport dash behind them while calling Haggar’s Lariat or Spencer’s Slant Shot assist. Both assist works similar, but I find Haggar’s to be more reliable on the corner while I find Spencer’s more reliable on midscreen instead. If either hits, I can easily convert it into a combo. If they start fishing for the cross up, I will try it again but instead cancel the dash to trick them. If they block it, I can try another mix up, which is a low attack or an IAD attack. However, if I don’t have either assists, I’ll do Edoga + Anki Hou H while calling Arthur’s assist to keep them locked down on the corner. On mid screen, I don’t do anything special right now. Attempting the cross up trick with Arthur’s assist when they’re coming in is risky and I usually just try to keep it simple and instead put some wall of gongs to get some chip damage. If I have Hsien-Ko alone with xfactor level 3, I’ll activate hyper armor and cross them up without any problem. It doesn’t really work against players who can read the cross up, which is why I don’t like having her as anchor.

Against handling any repetitive tactics, I try to find a way to fight it. Against most teleport characters, I’ll play a keepaway game and try to read a teleport so I can punish it if I can or call Haggar’s assist to do it for me. Against Ghost Rider, fuck this guy. I usually just switch to Spencer or Arthur to deal with this fucktard, but if I really have to fight him, I try to jump/super jump and do a gong where his St. H or air S won’t hit me. I’ll do a pendulum around the same height to catch him him off guard. Against Dark Wesker, I try to get to hyper armor so he has to respect me or get blown up. If I can’t find the opportunity, I’ll super jump and start doing pendulum H to slowly wear out his x factor. I think the ones I’m struggling the most to deal with is Spencer’s zip line and Spidey’s web zip. I don’t have a reliable way to counter them yet.

Damn, I did not expect to write this much.

You don’t need to be a Darkstalker vet to know if she was good in Vampire Savior. Have you seen tournament footage on youtube? She is in a whole other world there compared to her gimped MvC3 version. She doesn’t cut it in Ultimate, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun with her.

Her assist is the only thing she offered to my team.

Not even close. She is the weakest member of my team without a doubt.

I like to play rushdown since her normals are pretty good and her Tenrai-Ha mixed with cold star/heavy anki hou actually applies half decent corner pressure.

Second slot for her. Getting a combo with Ammy doesn’t take very long and I can DHC into gold armor and raw tag right back into Ammy with full health gold pendulum backing me and Morrigan giving me dark harmonizer all day.

Lots of overheads, rushdown+cold star assist, abuse her multi hit normals and lots of tenrai ha backed by Morrigan’s dark harmonizer. I also use the teleports to mess with people if I get the chance and her pendulum comes in handy against characters with beam hypers that don’t remember her pendulum. I managed to kill an XF3 Akuma by just using pendulum to get over his beam hyper so I could get a full combo haha.

I block a lot in that scenario. Her damage is not enough to put a dent in the armor of those freaks, but Hyper Viper Ha works okay I guess.

Don’t let it get to you. They are not making fun of us when they say that. Most people who follow the scene and the tech talk already know she was one of the bottom five characters in Vanilla and she may be the worst character in the Ultimate. I’m not bitter about it or anything so don’t take this as me trying to start a fight.

She’ll always be part of my Hulk/Hsien-Ko/Dormammu team, but I’m trying to make a viable team without her on it so I can… y’know, compete. Not trying to knock Hsien-Ko, I just don’t think I’m good enough to win a tournament with her.

Not at all, but definitely the most useful. The team doesn’t work as well without her.

Depends on the matchup, but especially how well my opponent knows the matchup. If I’m playing someone who doesn’t know about the gold armor or tends to “forget” about it, I’ll rush them down. In most cases though I will play a zoning game, not necessarily keepaway.

Second slot… for gold armor DHC stuff, use in THC combos, the assist… she usually ends up anchoring anyway.

While gold, conditioning people to not block and then throw them can equal a dead character if Hsien-Ko is anchoring. This is especially useful for me now that I’ve found some good post-throw X-factor combos… otherwise, I try to keep people at bay, bait them into wasting meter if they have beam hypers.

Doom: F+H against foot dive spam.
Dante: This is slow and predictable and easy to air throw… shame she can’t get anything off of an air throw.
Ghost Rider: Unplugging my controller
Hulk H spam: zoning, blocking, praying
Wesker normals: zoning actually helps a lot, if there’s a wall of gongs in front of you he has trouble doing much.
Dark Wesker: Wait. A lot. Run away to the upper-corner away from him that he can’t get to without Phantom Dance. Do your best to run out X-Factor. Be gold.

That’s just for Hsien-Ko solo. If I have my whole team, the air S spam is easier to get around because of Hulk’s anti-air assist. Oh, and because I can tag/DHC out to other characters.

She was my main in DS3 and still is in MVC3.

of course not, out of HK, Dormammu and Thor, Dorm is the strongest.

It’s actually a mix of keepaway+rushdown, once a gong is out sometimes i go with sempu bu + backed up by Thor beam assist. Against dangerous characters i just go with Rimoukon > kenkyo ki H > hard tag, or spam Kenkyo ki H + anki hou L/M/H.

point HK, then go gold and change to anchor. If Thor and Dorm die, then it’s probably over xD

she has superjump > sempu bu H (against people who cannot punish of course) for approaching, double sempu bu sometimes confuse the opponent, grounded sempu bu backed up by a beam/lockdown assist and/or a gong sometimes works; on an upcoming character, Tenrai ha > XFC > plink dash for instant crossup, or just spam j.kenkyo ki H for establishing space control followed by a beam assist + sempu bu; sometimes i even throw a anki hou H.

If Dante have bar, then kenkyo ki H is not an option. Against Doom kenkyo ki H spam + zoning is always an option, against Grider, Rimoukon > hard tag hehehe. Dark Wesker is not that scary with good blocking and Rimoukon, Hsien-ko can even stay in the air spamming double Sempu bu H three times while the XF fades off, and i dont think there is an easy way Wesker can use to punish her. Against normal Wesker, Kenkyo ki H is useful for reflecting the bullets, but teleports are very dangerous. I usually play the hard bad guys with Thor backed up by armored Sempu bu. Teleporters >>> Hsien-ko, so she gotta be careful.

I actually kept reading the forum through Vanilla waiting for someone to prop her up, LLND came the closest in recent months.

The trenchcoats spamming telederp with 360 degree hitboxes are my favorite. If they won’t let me trap them I Rimoukon, and call Dark Harmonizer repeatedly… They see the yellow, try to telederp because 90% of them are bots, then it’s ignored and they’re in a frametrap loop Senpu/Darkhole/jumpcancels until their point dies. After that they start playing more carefully and I get her a gold armor exit before they readjust. Then Mass Change :h: gold Hsien-ko looping until Dark Wesker. AG >> Chaotic Flame if they sneeze on her. Once DW xfactors I try to run the clock/his xfactor and bait empty Phantom Dances. Hsien and Morri can stay in the air forever, and Dorm can control space well.

Spencer’s current zip line is beastly(-er?). I haven’t run into any good Spideys since vanilla. The Spencer bitch of choice I see is the call ranged assist/zip line crossup, that seems to hard fuck your ability to block correctly in a matter of frames. I don’t like fighting that on point without a Rimoukon. His hitboxes are also fairly disproportional.

My frametrap loop I picked up after I got vanilla, it was blockstring variations on j./IAD :h:, s.:l:, s::m:, c.:m:, s.:h:/c.:h: (call Dormammu A), f+ :h:, Senpu-buu :m:

Then I can do a few things if Dormammu lands Dark Hole because they can’t AG anymore,
I mash :m: to swing back in the other direction again, then drop with 1 or 2 hits depending on how good I feel they are at blocking, or I can skip swinging back and just drop, I can drop with nothing and tick throw into her command grab >> Tenrai-Ha, then okizeme with another Senpuu/Dark Hole…

Everything I do with her since then is just testing the timing of the holes in that loop, and adding jump cancelled IADs with ultimate but I’m not doing anything special and I find it effective on most ground based opponents. So it’s hard for me to see her viewed as bottom tier when most of my online friends call her ‘that blue bitch’ who can reflect sentinel drones. .****

Every time I try keepaway Hsien I fall apart. My natural mentality is rushdown but with Hsien I feel like the further my opponent is away from my normals the weaker she is. I’ve tried incorporate more gong use with IAD Kenkyo Ki :h: and then chasing it with an air dash/senpu but when someone is running from her, I get annoyed that I have to catch them. Although I could be better at plink dashing, that’s solid tech to work on. I feel like the best medium for her is a solid frametrap/zoning playstyle and I’m not there yet, but she’s so much more then the crap people peddle her out to be. Stuffing people’s face with that in matches is satisfying. It’s like I’m Gief in Alpha 3 all over again.

Responding to this thread even though it’s long past dead…

I just picked her up, so she’s definitely not my main. She’s definitely fun though.

Hell no lol. She’s definitely my weakest.

I’ve got Doom missiles behind her, so I play lame unless I can get close with missile lockdown.

Well the team is Vergil/Hsien-ko/Doom. She’s second for gold armor setups, and TAC’s. The DHC’s from Vergil are also pretty amazing. I avoid anchor Hsien-Ko at all times :frowning:

Gongs and Missiles. Left/right/high/low teleport mixups and abusing her awkward normals that people don’t expect.

Doom isn’t that bad. Gong stops beam, reflects finger lasers, and protects my assist. Haven’t fought a Dante or Wesker yet. Fuck Ghost Rider, I pick my main team. Hulk isn’t that bad either with missiles assist behind me but… It’s better if she doesn’t have to fight.

I’ve seen a lot of disappointment with the lack of Senpu-bu cancel from the Darkstalkers series,and a general feeling that Hsien is low tier/lacking. I wanted to open a dialogue to Hsien veterans because I’m not a Darkstalker vet, but I find her extremely strong, and she can tear through teams if she gets going. I’m wondering what playstyles are out there.

My style of Hsien is on point, rushdown.

Yes I still do. I’m still going to use her true potential rather than seeing her as an assist spam (using golden armor) all the time.

Do you consider Hsien ko the strongest member on your team?
I strongly believe so. I’ve been a Nightwarrior fan and I do love playing Hsienko and I seen some interesting potentials in both Nightwarriors and UMvC3**.**
With good assist to help Hsienko and knowing her capability, you might have a good powerhouse.

Do you play keepaway Hsien ko, or rushdown Hsien ko?
Mainly rushdown pressure. I do think of keepaway but that doesn’t seems to be a good idea as her mobility is bad. So the only way is to do some rushdown with the right assist.

On point. But unlikely other players I don’t use her Golden armor assist (Note that using Golden assist on point doesn’t count). I’m still able to fool people of my playstyle. My team is Hsienko/G.Rider/Deadpool btw.

What tricks do you use to approach and open people up with your Hsien Ko playstyle?
Senpu Bu & her Reflector projectile and assists that I use. Due to her bad mobility, the only way for her to move around is her Senpu Bu. But that’s a good thing as her senpu bu beats most ‘foot dives’ or ‘dive kick’ attacks by 80% (well the other 20% is because of wrongly mash or by chance). Another way is her Reflector projectile (Mainly her H version). her reflector is so good it stops most of projectiles or beam attacks (except Hyper). My strategy is either force my opponent to go near me or I go near them with proper assist.

How do you handle derp (Doom/Dante/GRider :s: spam, Hulk :h: spam, Wesker normals, Dark Wesker, etc) with Hsien Ko in your hands? Do you give up the match or have a particular team strategy to deal?
Doom = His start-up is mostly his Foot Dive attacks, air :h: and a random ground attacks (not forgetting assist). Her Senpu Bu and projectile should do the trick if you know doom’s timing.
G.Rider = Pushblock if you’re too near to him. Find a very right distance to stop him from the j.:s: attack. Still be very careful of his heartless spiral and his random air chain attacks.
Wesker (both) = Always try to move a distance and quickly use her :h: projectile attacks if you’re facing Wesker first. Wesker players would always starts with a samurai edge shot or a teleport to go near you. Best way is to kill him fast before he has a chance to go Dark Wesker. Otherwise you need to be very careful of his attacks and teleports.
Hulk = Be aware of his meter and attacks. Some Hulk players would do a Gamma Charge and cancel it to a Gamma Crush. If you see his meter isn’t full , don’t push block or advance guard. Once he finish his attack, grab him or attack him fast before he recovers. Hulk’s :h: is one of the attacks you have to be careful. Try to find the right timing on when you can use her Senpu bu or assist. Otherwise it would be dead to both her and assist.
Sentinel = NEVER attack him when you’re close to sentinel until you’re sure you can attack him. Rare chances he’ll grab you but be sure to be good in push blocking especially if he does a Cr.:m: version and a random rocket punch attack. If you’re faraway from sentinel , be prepare to use her :h: projectiles attacks as Sentinel will either summon his drones or does a :h: beam spam.The only way to attack him is by air and senpu bu attack. Again try to be cautious as one hit might lead to her death (especially good sentinel players)

Hsien-Ko is one of my mains, and is the point character of my team.

It highly depends on the match up, but for the most part I’d say she is as dangerous as the other two characters in her own way.

I try to keep it dynamic with her, so a combination of both.

I play her on point primarily. I will usually keep her in longer than I should, especially if I’m doing well. My typical approach to a match is to harass/retreat and build meter, cautiously waiting for an opening if possible. If I can’t open them up after awhile I’ll activate Rimoukon and DHC into Kitty Helper and let that nightmare begin. If I can open them up with Felicia I’ll combo into Dancing Flash then DHC into HyperViperHa for the kill. If Felicia goes down, I’ll play with Hsien-Ko on point until I can gain enough meter to activate Rimoukon again and then DHC into Astral Vision for Soul Spam and Gold Armor nonsense. Or I’ll just play Hsien-Ko on point until she goes down and then put all my chips into XF3 Morrigan. In any case, I try to avoid anchor Hsien-Ko as much as possible.

The more I play Hsien-Ko the more I realize that she is probably one of the most demanding characters in the game skill and execution wise, but if you devote the time she can be surprisingly deadly She has a lot of gimmicks that can showcase her killing power, but they require almost master level knowledge of not only the character but every match up she has in order to know when to effectively use said gimmicks. First and foremost you must master her mobility. By way of plink dashing, Hsien-Ko can move alarmingly fast, especially retreating. Utilizing Anki-Hou and an immediate super jump or fast plink dashing, it’s possible to set up full screen confirms if you happen to connect a dizzying item, but the game demands that the player be able to almost immediately react to capitalize on the chance before the dizzy wears off. Her teleport and Senpu Bu cross ups, her nearly instant overheads, her ability to form gong walls to shut out opponents, chaining multiple Tenrai Ha’s, everything about gold armor - all gimmicks that must be mastered. Oh and not to mention her combos allow little to no room for error lest they drop - but they can result in respectable damage and meter gain if fully executed and can lead to character kills with enough stocked meter.

I used to think that Hsien-Ko was a character who suffered from nothing but limitations. In time though, she has proven me wrong. Hsien-Ko is a surprisingly versatile character and can (should, really) have a different approach when it comes to every character. She actually has a lot of responses to character situations that give her a unique advantage only she enjoys thanks to her gimmick game. She is limited however in the fact that she doesn’t have any “derp” moves like spammable hard knock downs or other easy combo extending states, and her combos and gimmicks demand nearly perfect execution in order to take advantage of, and often leave her wide open if a motion or button isn’t input properly.

When it comes to some of the derpiest stuff, here are my own strategies:

Doom: Actually not a scary fight at all if you can stay above him The worst thing about Doom is that he manages to get in a foot dive, he can dish out a combo so easy a caveman could do it which will result in Hsien-Ko’s death nine times out of ten. However, this can also work in your favor since you know that most Doom players will do anything to score a footdive and can become very predictable. My typical approach is to initially super jump a lot and litter the air with gongs. This makes it extremely difficult for Doom to move without him smacking into one. This will often frustrate a Doom player into haphazardly foot diving into gongs. If at any point he is above me coming down from super jump height, I activate Tenrai Ha and send him to the floor and chain until dead. If Doom stays on the ground, gongs nullify anything that isn’t a super and you can sneak in :l: Anki Hou tosses in between gongs for dizzy opportunities.

**Dante: ** Dante can be a nightmare, and the worst part is that Dante is such a versatile character that it’s hard to determine what strategies to recommend. Try not to let him open you up with his long range low, and really try not to get caught in his box jump vortex or you’ll be fighting off highs and lows for some time. if you see Dante looking like he’s about to teleport and he isn’t covered by an assist, try to activate Rimoukon on the side he is appearing. That way if he comes down with either Helmbreaker or The Hammer, you’re covered and he’s open to combo. Just remember that Dante doesn’t have a lot of health, so if you manage to open him up make sure that you’ve either got enough meter to make the kill or have someone to eventually DHC to who has enough killing power to finish the job.

Ghost Rider: Right now Ghost Rider is my worst nightmare made even worse since he often comes paired with Sentinel Drones, which along with Ghost Rider’s j.:s: covers two important angles that cut off almost all of Hsien-Ko’s options and nullifies her gimmicks. Gong is nearly useless in this match since Ghost Rider doesn’t have projectiles that are worth reflecting and the recovery of a heavy gong can be enough time for him to open you up from full screen. If I’m forced to fight Ghost Rider I usually end up trying trying to stay at the screen’s edge, which is the only relatively safe area in which you can throw Anki Hou or set up gongs. I’ll usually set up one heavy gong, then super jump and try to mix him up on the descent from the air using her dash and Senpu Bu. The only thing Ghost Rider has going for him as an overhead defense is his launcher so if you predict that’s coming, chicken block it and punish once you’re able. Over all it’s a frustrating match up; probably her worst. Activate gold armor and tag out if at all possible.

Hulk: Not that scary, but like Doom he’s often a one-punch KO opponent. You first of all want to try to keep your distance. Plink dash and retreat, tossing out a standing :h: every now and then and cancel it into either an Anki Hou or Henkyo Ki to set up cover and begin your retreat again. It’s important to remember that Hsien-Ko’s standing and jumping :h: will pierce super armor and can lead to combo opportunities. You can also open him up with Senpu Bu. Try not to let Hulk get over you; punish any attempts with an emergency Tenrai Ha. He usually comes paired with Sentinel Drones, and this is one fight where Henyko Ki really shines, tossing them right back into Hulk’s dumb face. Hulk can be a long fight and require a few mixups if you don’t have a meter building assist, but he’s not really that scary. Just be patient and cautious.

**Wesker: **Not that scary. If you are familiar with the distance on Wesker’s teleports and the range of his most used normals (c.:m:, anyone?), Wesker often becomes predictable If you can get his mobility down and predict where his teleport will end, you can punish it. Just beware as most Weskers will come with a beam assist or Sentinel Drones – some kind of assist to cover their teleport. This can make it difficult to open him up. Senpu Bu comes in handy here as you can normal jump to peak height, then use Senpu Bu to swing around as much as possible. You’ll stay above beam height and will probably catch both Wesker and the next assist he calls mid-swing which could result in a happy birthday. If you can manage to eliminate even one assist, it will make Wesker considerably less dangerous. As it was mentioned before, going up against a Wesker who knows how to properly use his command grab can be dangerous because it makes him that much more unpredictable and dangerous. If you can keep Wesker out of range of there being a risk of his teleport crossing you up, he’s more or less harmless. Gong projectiles if placed properly and combined with good evasion can completely shut Wesker down. Not to mention will reflect gunshots if they are set off early enough which can disrupt his offensive flow, :l: Anki Hou makes her hitbox short enough to pass under Wesker’s standing gunshot, and if he gets cheeky and tries to bait a counter, you can cancel your normal into Houten-Geki and give him a hug he won’t soon forget. Wesker’s mobility in the air is limited as well so gong walls are effective in this fight. Dark Wesker can be scary if you’re forced to stay on the ground where he can cross you up, but he can’t convert into big damage if you’re at super jump height unless he cancels into super. This is where you take to the skies and abuse Senpu Bu to give her as much air time as possible. He won’t even be able to use Maximum Wesker against you without getting cut up. Ride out X-Factor and return the fight to the ground where you can finish him off.

hello everybody!!! ive been playing hsien ko since day 1 in ultimate and she is on my main team, chun li/hsien ko/ammy so i got a pretty rush down heavy style team and i enjoy it very much. anyways i play a hsien ko style very similar to llnd´s althouh not nearly as good since i cant get more than 4 reps of plink dash.

But anyways we all know she is a monster in the mix up department even though 90% of the people dont know the character and assume she is just plain bad. Ok you know how u have two kinds of instant overheads right? either airdash cancel H, or air dash cancel MS. Well my contribution to this forum is that if your opponent already has read your hsien ko about this instant overheads you can go for the following mixup

— instead of instant airdash MS, change the S for an H, it will allways wiff and you will be on the ground for the low L (think about storm instant overhead whiff with M) that way it will always be a 50/50 high/low mixup extremely hard to block so go for either AIR MS OR AIR MHlowL, and dont forget to keep them lock down!!! thx ammy

anyways im never droping her she is so fun and her x factor combos r among the most stylish

ill keep posting if I find anything new but LLND is 100 steps ahead of everybody here lol
i also like evulsoldier hsien ko his spacing with her is amazing

Also add me on psn if you`d like some hsien ko gameplay at psn: J_ALEX91 :slight_smile: