DarkStalkers 4 Speculation

No super freeze. Keep air and ground chains relatively similar.

But I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

i hope that they learn their lesson from VS and opt to increase the reward for antiairs

My expectations for this game are really low, considering the track record of capcom on this generation of fighters.

I am pretty sure that the graphics and art direction would be similar to SF4, they would reuse the engine used for SF4 and SFxT, btw if SFxT is any indication, the chain system would be retarded, i also can see polarizing mechanics that no one wants or asked for, the game wouldn’t play like its predecessors, so we can be sure that there would be a lot of people saying that they dumbed it down.
DLC shenanigans like Disc Locked Content again, though perhaps due the huge backlash that they had with SFxT they would avoid it this time, also, i am pretty sure that we wouldn’t see a new revision for the game, so if they don’t add all the old cast in the game from the very beginning then we can be sure that they wouldn’t be added later.

I also can see this game selling poorly compared to their other games since the fanbase is very displeased with them right now because all the bs on this last years and because in reality, not many people knows or cares about DS.

The only bright side is that i am confident that they would reuse the rollback netcode of SFxT, besides that nothing

Word, MUCH rather have mvc3 graphics (they even had 3d renders of the Nightwarriors hitsparks for the Darkstalkers characters as a nice little bonus).

I don’t think it’s time to start freaking out about that yet. Raptor and Demitri’s models looked quite alright in the teaser, and they didn’t have that awful shading texture that the SFxT characters suffer from.

If we are to get MvC3 graphics, they had better not reuse the DS models. Hsien-Ko’s is atrocious.

As for different developers, I’m glad no one mentioned Arcsys picking it up. Though if that’s implied, I don’t think they’d get the spirit of the Vampire series right, namely because ASW’s games are known for long (aerial too) combos, which is not what Vampire is about. Would they make a good game? Maybe. Would they make a good Vampire game? Probably not.

Also, they’d probably turn the characters into archetypes, which is a no-no.

Lol, outside BB, neither GG or P4A have long (aerial) combos, specially GG (anyone thinking otherwise has not played the game, really), plus they have shown in the past that they can make games that are different from the GG formula, like Battle Fantasia which shares a lot with SF or Nurarihyon no Mago which is more akin to a party FG.
Also games like SBX and HNK have long combos due that glitch on the engine, if it weren’t for that, you wouldn’t see long combos, specially on SBX due how the game works.

I would love to see a new VS made by ASW tbh, imo they would keep the spirit of the game, since they know what they do, but i know that they wouldn’t be related to the game, so i wouldn’t waste my time whishing for them, plus even when ASW made the game, that wouldn’t mean that would be automagically good, because capcom is still behind all the game designs, they are the ones who decide the character art, the mechanics on the game, etc, etc.
So if Capcom wants to make a shitty game, it doesn’t matter that ASW, SNK, Dimps, 8ting, etc are in the project, since they have to do what capcom wants (And capcom wants shitty games).

Make an M Rated game. Doesn’t have to have fatalities and other gimmicks. But it would be smart if Capcom tried to get the MK crowd interested.

Other than that just have it be an aggressive fighter without comeback mechanics.

I like SF4 artstyle and DS4 would look really good in a similar cartoony style. I guess I will never feel your pain. :slight_smile:

It will use SFxT engine for sure. And the SFxT engine is running on MT Framework engine(SF4 didn’t, but SFxT does). Like the name says, it’s just the framework and it’s there to make programming for 2 consoles faster(and it has some pretty handy stuff for the developers<-- for the developers, the gamers woun’t notice the framework).
MT Framework has nothing to do with the way the game runs or how it looks.

Also the SFxT/SF4 engine is very good. “But I don’t like SFxT so this engine sucks!”, says the idiot. But that’s not what an engine does. The engine handles how hitboxes react, all that math stuff. The reason you don’t like SFxT is the frame data/the values they put into the engine/other stuff that is not related to the core engine.
Not taking the SF4/SFxT engine(which has everything coded that they need) would be incredibly stupid. Well, unless Ono is working with a different team now, which I highly doubt. He worked with that team and with that engine for 6+ years now. So if you want to see the game within 2 years, you better hope they didn’t change the engine.
And I prefer hitboxes to Marvel’s hitballoons. The balloons work for Marvel, but it would create too many “what?! why did that hit?!!” moments in something like Darkstalkers.

Personally I just hope they keep it Darkstalkery: keep the Damage Gauge System, don’t slow it down(I hate slow walkspeeds) and if they want a comeback mechanic, I guess they could tweak the Dark Force System to become some sort of comeback mechanic. No passive activation of anything please.
Oh, I nearly forgot: and a super version. The first version of a fighting game is usually not what the game should be.

Isnt the SFxT engine MT Framework (the same for MvC3) but recycling SF4 models and some of the art?
Knowing the laziness that is modern day capcom, im sure they`ll reuse all the DS data from UMvC3, and will make a game running on MTF with the art direction and models somehow similar to Marvel (i hope… the SF4 engine is pure crap).

It will be made by modern day Capcom, so I predict it will be casual slow garbage with plenty of costumes and characters to buy that were already on the disc.

Shocking predictions I know.

No, SFxT use a tweaked version of the SF4 engine, the tweak is that it works with rollback netcode now, something that wasn’t possible with the original engine

Granted, I don’t know much about GG, but from watching match videos the combos are comparatively longer than most in the Vampire series. Though that is true, it doesn’t have to conform with their other games.

Game does not need to be M. DS’s violence was always tongue-in-cheek. Not that MK doesn’t know it’s silly, but it’s of a different style.

what would the plote be this time? a prequel? spine off? or whole new entry? this is what I’m speculating the most.

Morrigan enters the tournament because she wants to go on a date with Jon Talbain, Jediah wants to get back his father’s watch, someone who died in the last game is alive for no reason, and the tournament begins because of (insert new character here) wants to take over the world.

I looked it up, a lot of websites list MTF as the engine, and some others Taito X2 (SF4) modified. Whatever the hell is, i hope god saves us from the crappy SF4 engine. The fact that ONO seems to be the producer is what makes me worried the most…

Just have it be time again for the control of the otherworld be up for grabs.

It’s always been decided by a tournament, it’s gonna be decided again that way.

Like NoUDont say, the engine doesn’t necesarily means that the game would play similar to sf4 or sfxt, look how many games from different genres are made on the Havok engine, or Unreal 3 engine.

I wish people would stop saying shit like hoping it doesn’t have SF4 art style. What do people even mean by that? The game isn’t going to be SF4 models of DS characters. That wouldn’t even make any sense. The game also won’t use a Sumi-e visual style. If the little teaser wasn’t evident enough of that. Not to mention however it make look in that teaser is 0 indication how it will look in game, other than it will be 3d models. It’s the cool thing to do to hate on sf4 but some of you guys worry is simply unnecessary. If anything be happy Ono is the supposed producer. At the very least he loves what he works on.

what they mean is:
they don’t want things done in the visual style of sf4.

THIS is why we don’t want to see SFIV art direction:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/data/avatars/l/70/70928.jpg?1340633018