Dark Phoenix Strategy: You Can't Control It

You don’t explicitly say it so I’m going to ask: would Phoenix have to have five bars (and burn them all) to even use this? If not it would be a very interesting super for her, if so it would probably be broken.

Side note, point Phoenix is going very well, primarily due to no one knowing wtf to do against it. 50% of players don’t take me seriously until I hit them, and the other 50% do random scrub stuff that’s easy as hell to predict.

Hypothetically, no. So it could be a “suicide bomb” if you use her on point. Taking Deathwish to a whole new level!

I found out something interesting about Phoenix’s life when she has 5 bars when H&H cards are used with her. When a life regain card is applied to her then her life reaches zero during an animated hyper, her life starts regenerating even when it reaches zero.

So if that’s the case, then literally five bars keep her from dying until the game can force her to change. Which would explain why she doesn’t change when the finishing blow from a soul drain kills her. But it still doesn’t explain why a meter drain TAC hit doesn’t do the same. It changes her instead.
EDIT
Ha I wasn’t imagining it.
Divine instruments and Viewtiful god hand are the only moves that keep her from dying. But why?
Does it have something to do with animation? If she is in XF, you hear Phoenix say “no problem” as if she does a recovery flip to a normal stance then the animation for DPR starts after Divine Instruments. She changes after god hand. But if DHC out from the first hit of god hand has DPR start.