Dan Moveset and Attributes

Useless trivia probably already posted: if two Dans do their ultras simultaneously, they run into each other and both fall backwards.

Might be character/spacing dependent, but dan knee whiffs on crouch opps in combos sometimes as well. The somewhat good thing is that if it whiffs, you might be able to catch the opp sleeping with an immediate throw afterwards.

I’ve been stuffing plenty with it as well…I wonder if it a Tiger knee will beat it? I’ve been using that as a judge of a move’s priority since Sagat is a problem match for just about everyone.

:rofl:

I love air taunt. I taunt with Dan a lot just for the hell of it. If I’m hanging back not doing anything, I taunt. Every time. Due to the distance and height increase off of an early jump taunt, I’ve been using it like an non-offensive air Hurricane kick to run away. The other day I did a soaring air taunt on reaction to a friend’s metsu Hadouken and when I landed I did Dan’s ultra and popped him during Ryu’s long ass recovery. 'Twas epic. That’s what he gets for trying to chip Dan!

Oh, and as far as Gadouken is concerned, I primarily use it to cancel fireballs to build meter. If you’re at the appropriate distance you can poke with it.

I’ve actually put the air taunt to good use a couple times so far too. One was when a Blanka ultra started a bit in front of me and I couldn’t afford chip, so I jumped way over and behind it, and the others have been to escape bad situations by moving really far backward. Yeah, using it to get close to punish a whiffed Ryu ultra is a good idea.

His ultra is sick. It’s too bad you can’t juggle into it, but it works great as an antiair and I haven’t seen it lose to anything yet. I’m pretty sure he’s fully invincible for quite a few frames. I’d bet it eats up tiger knee.

I’m going to test Dan’s ultra out tonight and report back. I’ll mainly be testing it against a bunch of high priority moves, namely Rose’s ultra and Sagat’s Tiger Knee.

Playing online, something weird happened. I did HP Koryu that missed. The opposing Ken player uses Ultra, hits Dan’s airborne legs, and GETS HIT CLEAN OUT OF THE ULTRA. :wow:

Lots of ultras lose to lots of things. If you see Ken (or almost anyone) do a random ultra, do ex dp while his pre-ultra slow-mo frames are going and you’ll beat him right out of it on reaction.

Dans super(the one that actually hits…) will suck your opponent out of the air and juggle for all 19 hits. Nobody expects it.

I typically use HP Gadou at max range on wake-up, particularly against non-DP characters. Minor pressure and chip.

Interesting, guess Dan has some different hitboxes as opposed to other characters?

Dan’s backdash is AWESOME. It outruns Guile’s LP Sonic Boom and it looks hilarious

^But he can get hit by Rose’s Ultras and some dashing attacks, supers or Ultras :frowning:
Unless…he dashes out of the range of these attacks and can block them.

From my experience, this isn’t the case. Most likely, you did it too late and your opponent tried to stick something out when they landed.

It works for me 100% of the time. I’ve tested it over and over again, and it works great. You have to time it so the super flashes just as they would hit you with whatever attack they throw out in the air and it sucks them in. If I wait to long and they hit the ground it doesn’t work.
The attack juggles when you do it this way. The are floating above the ground as they are being hit. It would not juggle if I did it when they landed and threw out a poke.
I wish I know how to post a video.

Record with your cellphone camera and upload to Youtube.

I don’t have a cellphone camera…
I’ll figure something out.

So yeah. Far standing Mp is like dans best poke. Its not as far as far standing MK, but its faster and seems to have much more priority. Bonus. Its cancelable into super taunt xx ultra.

Online, earlier today, a Bison did his Ultra next to me. I decided to experiment and use my Super (not Ultra). Beat him clean for the full 19 hits. :bgrin:

Are you sure? I play Rose, and while I’ve yet to fight a Dan, it’s not exactly that fast at it’s max range. I mean if you’re using a backdash so late that Rose’s ultra hits, you’re not timing your backdash very well to bait things.

Yeah so this is hillarious. Combo Ultra off a jump-in fierce or roundhouse

Yeah might be it, a well timed backdash should avoid it.