Damn, no one uses Ryo?

I myself have just started to use him and think he’s a great character. My only complaint about him is that his dragon punch (kohto I think its called ) has no range at all and is kinda weak. other than that, he good. I don’t understand his super where he punches his opponent once really hard and they go flying. Sometimes, they are dizzy, sometimes they aren’t. Can someone explain this to me?

With Ryo’s Lv.3 super, it all depends how close you are to the enemy. If your next to the enemy, 98% of the time, they will become dizzy. If your far from the enemy, then your just do weak damage and just waste a bar. I use Ryo in C and A grooves.
By the way, this is just from what I have seen at the arcades from Ryo players. I’ll try it at home. If you want to play me online, I’m k177 m3 101, I use Ryo now in my team.

No Ryo is Japanse you’ve got him confused with his friend and fellow student Robert

Ryo’s Good

Ryo is Japanese, his last name is Sazaki. And i think te guy’s name is Roberto.

About the Dragon Punch… It rocks! Especially the light punch version. It destroys everything, it may have no invincibility (like Shoto’s), but it has priority. I beats out a lot of things.

I don’t like his level 3 super. it’s really hard to hit, hell’s freezes over if I connect it. His other supers are alot better. I use Ryo in C,A,K groove.

Ryo kinda sucks I’m afraid

Actually, it has to do with stun meter. When a character gets stunned, it takes more to stun them again. So if that “minimum for stunning” is greater than 80 (or whatever it is for the super), then they won’t get stunned by it. The super does the same damage regardless.

Why does everyone think it has no invinciblity? It has plenty, I’ll put up ryo frame data if it isn’t up already.

Not only that, but no range? It’s got a weird-ass hitbox that sucks in and smacks you where it shouldn’t.

The problem is, I dont understand how Ryo would school in A-groove?
Besides damaging CC’s does that make him no better than bison without meter?

I dont know its just the only groove that I would use him in cause it fits my personal preference. Besides his DP priority, and some okay pokes (c.mp and far S.mp), what else is at his disposal in A groove. By the way I just use him as a battery, cause he gais meter kinda fast. I doubt he stands a chance against sagat, maybe you would turtle with him using RC crazy hands as an AA or something.

Fight On:nunchuck:

Maaaaaaaan. Kyo isnt all exactly like Ryu, i think he has better moves. In his SNK / KOF SERIES!!! :karate: I think Capcom F&%$ed Ryo up in CvS series! They took some good moves away, his damn physics are all for the worst. He has no reach, feels very slow, and liek someone said, yes his uppercut has no range at all. Only good side, is taht it beats everything but projectiles. But i really think Ryo is the most screwed over SNK character in CvS. :tdown:

I find it harder to parry his dragon punch than say Ryu’s or Ken’s (the timing of it just seems weird…). His crazy hands is a pretty sweet anti air, but that’s about the only time I would ever use it (besides punishing a roll). Ryo is good. His level 3 super punch move is so gay…I hate it. It’s incredibly slow…when should anybody ever use it???

Damn, no one knows how to search for threads from the beginning?

no one knows about his broken shortjump hk? apparently its soo bullshit they banned it in local tournaments.

cvs2 is full of bullshit. The first thing they should ban is cc and maybe supers in general except for dan’s taunt super. And make throws do 25% dmg.

Ryo I think is better than the shotos for many reasons.

1. Has a larger sweep.
  2. Lv3 fireball is bigger and better than Ryu, Akuma ones.
  3. Dp has bad range but it’s more meaty than shotos dp.
  4. f,b,f+p (crazy punches) when done at close range it will take on anything even sweep attempts and trade with dp( With disadvantage to you)
  5. He has a full screen super qcf,hcb+p,you know how important those are when randomness is needed.
  6. Has an air fireball for jump in- mixups.
  1. Has a larger sweep.

… His sweep isn’t special cancellable like the Shotos.

1. Lv3 fireball is bigger and better than Ryu, Akuma ones.

… It’s also less hits.

1. Dp has bad range but it’s more meaty than shotos dp.

… Uh…

1. f,b,f+p (crazy punches) when done at close range it will take on anything even sweep attempts and trade with dp( With disadvantage to you)

… Awesome. So the Zanretsuken can trade with DPs in their favor. That’s a pro!

1. He has a full screen super qcf,hcb+p,you know how important those are when randomness is needed.

… Yeah. It’s also slow. Very slow. And randomness is stupid.

1. Has an air fireball for jump in- mixups.

… His air fireball is good.

Ryo is slower than Ryu, but does alot of damage. His B&B (I use c.mk, hcb + fp, j.fp) is crazy damage. I could talk more about Ryo, but there’s other threads. He isn’t terrible, but isn’t fantastic. As far as being “screwed” by Capcom, he’s only missing his QCB + P autoguard punch (look at SvC. It’s insane. And safe if blocked. Etc. etc.) that he could do without, and his crazy “Punch Me In The Face” idle stance.

I do wish that they would’ve kept his KOF/CvS EX short range fireball that knocks you down, though. Oh, and had the HCB + K move instead of the charge DB + F thing.

1. that true but is no biggie
  2. Is 5 hits just like ryu, less hits than Sagat and akuma but it makes up for it size.
  3. His Dp has a few more hitting frames than a shoto dp as i have tested.
  4. Nothing is perfect
  5. Is not very slow!, Is more like medium speed. Randomness is part of the game, might be stupid but is not gay like RC.
  6. Fb all right

I used Ryo in a tournament, here’s a vid:
http://edge.refline.de/adi/public/bs2k5/cvs2/groups_seth_vs_iczer_3.wmv

Nothing special, but shows that Ryo = dominant in the air :tup:

If this was KOF 95 Ryo then it would be different

Ryo is the shit, no doubt he’s one of my faves. Look at my sig for reference. But graphic-wise, Capcom did screw him over. In CvS2:EO , HE HAS NO FUCKING MOUTH. And in the frames he does, it’s like it just came out of nowhere. Like the ‘skin flap thing’ below his nose suddenly splits open and reveals some sort of a mouth, but in his standing pose HE HAS NO FUCKING MOUTH. wtf is up with that?