Customizable Characters, ACE GOUKEN?

Anyone remember ACE?

After seeing all contrastable versions of the old man via the most recent update 1.04, I think it is only RIGHT we should be able to cherry pick what we feel are the best attributes of each character from OMEGA to VANILLA.

Lets face it , there is no real reason for an ARCADE STORY ANYMORE! WE WANT GREAT CHARACTERS AND WE WANT THEM LAST YEAR!

Forum,

from vanilla thru omega pick the best all around move set or suggest the best sweep, hado, or ultra to create the most formidable Gouken we can think of.

omega for me is the best.

Advantages
best footsies:

• lp palm solves gouken focus attack weakness
    best aa’s:
  • lk tatsu is amazing.
  • j. mp links into other moves for more damage.
  • cl. st. hk knocks down
    best combos without bar:
  • 350 damage average without any bar
  • can combo both ultras without bar
    best hitconfirms:
  • anything links into anything.
    best backdash:
  • actually adds to gouken’s movement arsenal and wake up arsenal.
    best dash
  • faster
    best fireball game:
  • no need to say anything here.
    best special moves overall:
  • fb is better for neutral use outside combos
  • palms are better
  • air tatsu is useful and can actually be used in combos
  • super does more damage and can be charged(?)
  • all normal tatsus have invincibility
  • all tatsu’s don’t kill you for whiffing(that risk reward ratio was RETARDED)
  • donkey kick has great juggle potential
  • counter has an easier motion
  • back throw into super does more damage
  • backthrow into ultra does more damage(but costs bar)

Disadvantages:
Less combo damage using bar

• damage seems lower when using bar. the game is new though so i would imagine we can find better.
    Ex tatsu is worse overal, except for recovery
  • much less range
  • not throw invincible
    Wake up game
  • can’t pressure on wake up
    Backthrow
  • backthrow needs bar to convert to ultra
  • can’t reset without bar

The advantages seem to outweight the disadvantages for me, specially taking into account my playstyle.

Omega normals and LP palm, omega tatsu with ultra range, ultra ex tatsu, vanilla divekick, vanilla backthrow, shin sho…or denjin. It wouldn’t matter what ultra LMAO.

Omega lp Palm, it’s beastly
Omega tatsu, ex still ultra properties
Air tatsu vanilla just lower the damn height restriction
Vanilla backthrow fuck scaling off a techable set up, and not guaranteed damage, miss,lag etc
Omega normals except cr.mk/df.mk(wtf), cr.mp combo,
Vanilla dive kick overhead
Ultra hados except ex omega like with original juggle properties
Toss the lousy stomp

what difference are you noticing w air tatsu in vanilla is it damage or what?

I don’t think stomp is all THAT bad, just wondering why the priority over hadouken,it urks me
the donkey kick takes away perhaps the best kara hado game out the picture…

height restriction thing kinda baffles me too, I mean I kinda liked it where it has been this whole time…while i dont mind the no height restriction , i ask why not leave it ex controllable?? I mean just shorten the blockstun and make us punishable if we cant get away in time…other than that I think it was fine before.

what really weird is that in adding to the character they took a lot of playability out of a lot of players hands, including my own of course…not saying its hard to adjust but there several normal things now missing from him that were unwarranted…with hard knock down pressure missing, it was something he was built upon and now as soon as you get a knockdown you have to get space…a lot of other characters got new smother your wakeup moves…why take ours away?

that’s why im hoping the idea of a customizable and savable and playable character we can carry with us to places and play others is long overdue…this would give us all the ability to highlight the attributes we like by incorporating them into a hybrid.

I just said vanilla air tatsu cause it’s been the same I think for all but omega, maybe should be ae so it can be cancelled from j.mp. but not being able to use for jump back escapes really blows. And not being able to control the ex version sucks even more, that move has netted me quite a few wins either chasing runners or faking my on escape only to come right back at them at warp speed

What I’d like to see for air tatsu is

• take the ultra version as a base
  • remove the landing recovery on forward tatsus to eliminate “punished on hit” scenarios
  • remove the input height restriction, but…
  • have a min-height for the animation so people can duck under it

I don’t think that’s asking for too much.

My ideal Gouken ‘setup’:

Normals: Ultra. He’s just got better tools with this mode.

Hadoken -> Vanilla. This thing just lost power over the whole series.
Palm -> Ultra. I like the instant Jab, and having Vanilla Jab’s distance for Medium, but if I could have Vanilla /Super’s Fierce, I would.
Tatsu -> Ultra. Even with Omega’s better whiff, fixing the tatsu to LOCK on first hit (apply EX property to all of them) would still be better.
Counter -> Vanilla. Honestly, 2 zones over Ultra’s 3 is better, even with the overlap with Tatsu.
Demon Flip -> Vanilla, hands down. All options just shit on Ultra’s in regards to properties. Divekick isn’t low-blockable, either grab whiff or parry is nearly instant recovery. Just better overall.
Stomp -> Omega. If we can have this, fine. I wouldn’t care much about it aside from EX. I could take it or leave it.

Super -> Ultra or AE2012, whichever has better damage. 3 frames > 11 frames.

Throws:
Back -> Vanilla. Anything is better than the 1-grey-damage throw that can’t even KO an opponent at 0 life. Might be scrubby, but Backthrow to Ultra 1 is still scary as fuck.
Forward -> Highest damage version. Maybe Vanilla.

Ultra 1 -> Vanilla. All this did was lose damage and get nothing in return.
Ultra 2 -> Ultra. This actually did get better with adjustable speed and decreased level charging times (I think).