Cross Up Love Me Tender

So I randomly had HK Love Me Tender cross up when my friend was holding down back on a Saturday casual session, so I decided to explore it and was able to come up with that. Below is a list of other setups I have found to make Love Me Tender cross up. Keep in mind it only works mid-screen on crouchers, so it’s a bit specific but not all that uncommon imo.

I haven’t tested all the characters to try and find one for each character, but so far I think I have 24 of the cast listed below throughout all of the setups. Feel free to post up if you find something, I’ll be trying to find more and have an updated list soon. Going to make a video compilation as well and send it in to Eventhubs, too. Gonna work on that this week if I can find time to sit down and do it. Enjoy!

-TFA|RZR|PGFX Kiu

Meterless:
(C.LPx3, x HK LMT) <- The one in the video.
Ryu, Ken, Seth, Dan, Bison, DeeJay, Poison, Evil Ryu, Adon

(Cl.S.LKx2, C.MK x HK LMT)
Cody

(Cl.S.LKx2, C.MP x HK LMT)
Rose

(Cl.S.LK, C.MP x MK LMT)
Vega, Fuerte

EX:
(C.LP, Cl.S.MP first hit x EX LMT)
Fei, Gouken, Dudley

(Cl.S.LK, slight delay for pushback C.MK x EX LMT)
Rufus

(Cl.S.LK, Pixel Step Back Cl.S.MK, EX LMT)
Juri

(C.LP, slight delay for push back Cl.S.MP first hit x EX LMT)
Guile

(C.LP, slight delay for push back C.MP x EX LMT)
Oni, Chun, Yun, Yang
(Can also grab Chun if she low profiles the flip on prediction)

(Cl.S.LK, C.MP x EX LMT)
Sim, Sakura, Vega

cody/rolento you can c.lp C.Sl.lk c.mk x Hk LMT

Also, sent this in to EventHubs a couple days ago, right after I uploaded the vid and compiled this short list. No response or post.

Guess this isn’t interesting enough to them, lol.

They’ll probably add it to the video line up in a few weeks. Sometimes news is really really late.

Okay, that’s good to know/hear. :slight_smile:

This thread needs more attention. I’m exploring!

Awesome find! This just makes this amazing move even more amazing. lol

cr.lp. cr.fp xx hard lmt on cody

For reference on pushback, I think cr. lp/cr. lk/cl. st. lk all have the same amount, while cl. st. lp has slightly more. Cr. lp is a frame faster startup, but cl. st. lk is a frame more block stun.

And here’s one for Boxer:
cl. st. lk > walk forward a little bit > cr. lp xx ex LMT

The proper crossup spacing is just to do an ex LMT after the pushback from one light, but doing a move with 22f startup in Boxer’s face is probably not the best idea. This sequence would be the least likely for him to be able to cr. jab his way out of. If the spacing is a little off it will hit on the other side, but NOT as a crossup, because reasons. I guess that also makes it an actual 50/50 too though.

I’ve been messing with this a lot lately, came up with a couple of crazy setups which include crouching crossup and crouching unblockable ones. It is actually a crazy phenomenon, I think the mechanics behind it are the same reasons why unblockables (ie. the things everyone complained about in AE2012) occur. If the opponent holds down back against them, then the crossup triggers, but if they hold just down or downforward, then poison will go over the opponent and get punished. So clearly it has to do with the blocking function of the game and its influence on the hurtbox of the character. This is different from the fact that crouching characters generally have wider hurtboxes, because if this was the case then LMT wouldn’t whiff in certain instances.

The EX LMT however disregards this and will hit you in whatever crouch direction you hit; why this occurs I still am not sure, again I think it might have to do with the same reason certain unblockables work. Generally, what I’ve found is that the EX LMT has the tendency to be crouch unblockable while HK/MK LMT is just the crouch crossup.

In addition, since some characters’ hurtboxes move during their animation, crouch crossups/unblockables that normally trigger on them don’t. The example I found was El Fuerte; the close RH EX LMT does not work on el fuerte early in his crouch animation, but late in it the unblockable occurs.

When finding these out, don’t forget to test out the actual cancel frames of what you’re cancelling. For example, one of the crouch unblockables I found for yun (probably works for others but haven’t tested the rest of the cast) is close.fierce EX LMT, but the EX LMT must be cancelled very late. Early cancel is not a crossup though poison does land on the other side.

I also tested the possibility of looping it LMT, and while I haven’t found 100% success with it I did find out some interesting facts. Though I’ve only tested it for EX LMT, there’s a difference in the number of frames you can set things up between whether you hit them crouching or standing up (or possibly if they were airborne too.) I learned this by finding out that after getting hit by EX LMT, ryu is set at the exact distance where HK LMT would crouch crossup. I tried to find a universal timing by doing EX LMT st.lp (whiff) HK LMT, and while I found it to work on crouchers, it was whiffing when I made ryu standup to get hit by EX LMT. However, the distance is the exact same for crouchers/standers, I tested this by neutral jumping in both situations and the HK LMT crouch cross’d up. Therefore there’s a difference in frames between getting hit by EX LMT crouching/standing and if you were to loop it, you’d have to identify which animation it was.

Got some EX LMT crouch unblockables on Yun and Ibuki.

Hugo:
Cl.HP XX HK LMT

if he crouch blocks the HK LMT normally it will hit him as a cross up, he has to crouch block the other way or stand block normal

he can mash ex back breaker and u2 through it though.

Wow, I thought I was alone in this. Well, not really, but I had complelety missed this thread. I’ve tested crossup EX LMT on alot of characters and I’ll post my findings here. There are some odd instances with unblockables and xups only working if they standblock the normal and crouch for the LMT but that seemed a bit impractical so all these setups are tested on only crouching opponents (from start to finish). Honestly some of these setups COULD be unblockables, but it’s a hassle to test as it is so I couldn’t be bothered with testing manual blocking. For some reason the CPU can’t block xup EX LMT, and I’ve confirmed most of them to be actual XUPS against myself with manual blocking.

Anywho, the list (it assumes point blank positioning):

Abel: cl. st. HK (1-hit) xx EX LMT
Chun-Li: st.HP xx EX LMT
Dhalsim: st.HP / cr.MP xx EX LMT
Dudley: cl. st.MK / cr.MK / cr.LP, cl.st.MK xx EX LMT
Evil Ryu: cl.st.HK (2-hits) / cr.LP, cr.LP, walk a pixel towards, cr.MK XX EX LMT
Honda: st.cl.MK / st.cl.LP xx EX LMT
Ken: Same as E. Ryu
Makoto: Seems to be immune!
Rose: Seems to be immune!
Rufus: cr.LP, cr.MK xx EX LMT
Ryu: Same as E. Ryu
Yun: cr.MP / cr.LP, cr.MP / cl.st.MK (Yun has to stand block this one) xx EX LMT

Poison EX Love Me Tender crouch unblockble on Ibuki. http://decapre.com/private/102256140273/tumblr_net7lcNkom1tw1a1d
http://31.media.tumblr.com/a81c64b1e74c57b3a062a0e4df0b92f1/tumblr_net7lcNkom1tw1a1do9_250.png

Point blank crouch blocked Cr.MP xx EX LMT

Ibuki*, Seth, Akuma, Sakura*, Oni, Yun*, Juri*, Chun Li*, Dhalsim*, Cammy*, DeeJay, Cody, Rolento*, Guile, El Feurte*, Yang,

Notes

Ibuki: EX LMT Can’t be blocked crouching at all, has to be blocked standing. EX DP Whiffs

Sakura: EX LMT crosses up on both a crouch block and stand block. Must be blocked reverse crouching or walk forward under it. All DP’s and ultras whiff.

**Yun: **EX LMT can’t be blocked crouching either way, has to be blocked standing. LK, HK, EX Upkicks beat our LMT

Juri: EX LMT whiffs if she crouches but is a cross up if she stands. EX Pinwheel connects for 2 hits at 60 Damage and resets us to full screen away.

**Chun Li: **EX LMT can’t be blocked crouching at all, has to be blocked standing. EX SBK either trades and takes off 30 damage (we take off 90) and resets us to full screen away, gets stuffed or we land inside her and she spins and doesn’t hit us.

Dhalsim: EX LMT can’t be blocked crouching at all, has to be blocked standing. Instant air u2 will beat our LMT.

Cammy: EX LMT crosses up both crouch block and stand block, she has to walk forward or reverse crouch block. DP’s whiff unless done very late and they auto correct.

**Rolento: **EX LMT whiffs if he crouches. Crosses up if he stand blocks.

El Feurte: EX LMT whiffs if he crouches. Crosses up if he stand blocks. Beats all Q Bomb, EX DP Whiffs

EX LMT Whiffs on

Ryu, Ken, Gen, Dan, M.Bison*, Evil Ryu, Vega*

Notes
EX LMT whiffs on crouching and standing M.Bison and Vega

EDIT:
Cr.lp,Cr.lp,Cr.mk XX HK LMT
Cr.lp, Cr.hp xx HK LMT

Cross up on crouching Cody and Rolento

point blank cr.lp, cr.lp xx ex lmt crosses up akuma standing, but whiffs crouching
point blank cr.lp, cr.lk xx ex lmt crosses up akuma crouching, gets blocked standing or if he blocks cross up while crouching

Point blank cl.hp xx ex lmt.
Ibuki, akuma, gen, sakura, oni, juri, chun, dhalsim, bison, dj, Cody

Ibuki: if crouch blocked the cl.hp then the ex lmt will hit her crouching regardless which way she holds down. She has to stand block it. Ex dp whiffs in between.

Akuma: if cl.hp is crouch blocked then the ex lmt will cross up on crouch blocking akuma. He can stand block or reverse block while crouching to avoid being hit. Dps whiff

Gen: same as akuma

Sakura: if cl.hp is crouch blocked, ex lmt will cross up if she crouch blocks or stand blocks. She has to walk forward or reverse crouch block. Ex dp whiffs. U1 whiffs

Oni: same as akuma except lp and mp dp trade for 1 hit even damage. Hp and ex dp whiff.

Juri: same as Ibuki

Chun: same as Ibuki. If you hold down after the ex lmt and she does a late ex sbk in between the cl.hp and ex lmt then you safely land in between her spinning legs. If she does a reversal timed ex sbk it will flat out lose to ex lmt.

Dhalsim: if crouch blocked the cl.hp, ex lmt will hit crouching even if he blocks either way. He has to stand block. He can teleport out. You can actually OS U1 during ex lmt to catch his teleport.

Bison: if cl.hp is crouch blocked, ex lmt will cross up if he stand blocks. If he crouch blocks the ex lmt will whiff. But if you do a f.j.hk, cl.hp xx ex lmt, it crosses up if he crouch blocks and he blocks it if he stand blocks. An easy safe set up is rekkas, back dash, j.hk, cl.hp xx ex lmt.

Dj: same as akuma except all of djs up kicks beat ex lmt.

Cody: same as akuma.

Cl.MK xx EX LMT

Decapre: Cl.MK xx EX LMT whiffs both stand and crouch. Cr.lp, Cl.MK xx EX LMT whiffs on crouching, but crosses up on standing. All uppercuts whiff and are punishable.

E.Honda: Cl.MK xx EX LMT has to be stand blocked, Crouching will get hit regardless of which way he blocks. LP Headbutt goes under the LMT, we can punish. MP/HP/EX Headbutt get stuffed by LMT. LK Buttslam avoids the LMT, we have to block it normal. MK Buttslam avoids the LMT, we have to block cross up. HK and EX Buttslam get out. You might be able to punish the HK/EX Buttslams. U1 and super whiff. *cr.lp, cl.mk doesnt work on honda midscreen, far.mk always comes out

Ibuki: Cl.MK xx EX LMT whiffs on her crouching, but if she stands it will cross her up. DP’s whiff.

Makoto: Point blank blocked Cr.Lp, Cl.MK xx EX LMT will cross up if she stand blocks the EX LMT, otherwise it will whiff. if no jab it will whiff if she stands or crouches.

Dudley: CL.MK xx EX LMT crosses up on crouching. Has to be crouch blocked the other way or stand blocked. You can also do Cr.lp, Cl.MK xx EX LMT as well and its the same result. Anything done in between will whiff and is punishable except EX Duck or a forward dash.

Gouken: Both Cr.Lp, Cl.MK xx EX LMT and Cl.MK xx EX LMT cross up on crouching. He has to stand block or block crouching the other way. EX Tatsu whiffs.

Yun: Cl.MK xx EX LMT whiffs on crouching, and crosses up on standing. He can up kick in between and counter hit the EX LMT

Chun Li: Cl.MK xx EX LMT whiffs on crouching, and crosses up on standing. Not safe from EX SBK

Dhalsim: Cl.MK xx EX LMT whiffs on standing and crouching. Cr.lp, Cl.MK xx EX LMT whiffs on crouching, and crosses up on standing.

Cammy: Cr.lp, Cl.MK xx EX LMT whiffs on crouching, crosses up on standing. Dp’s whiff but get away.

Cody: Cl.MK xx EX LMT Whiffs on crouching and standing. Cr.lp, Cl.MK xx EX LMT whiffs on crouching, Crosses up on standing.

Guy: Cl.MK xx EX LMT Whiffs on crouching and standing. Cr.lp, Cl.MK xx EX LMT whiffs on crouching, Crosses up on standing.

Guile: Cl.MK xx EX LMT Whiffs on crouching, Crosses up on standing. Flash kicks whiff, ultras whiff. Very late super can auto correct.

Blanka: Cl.MK xx EX LMT is unblockable if he crouches. He has to stand block, and the stand block puts us behind him (looks like a fake cross up, loses all charge). Normal Upball beats us for counter hit. EX Upball whiffs, we may be able to U1 it after recovering from the LMT. u1 whiffs. U2 ground hits us, air whiffs.

Balrog(Boxer): Cl.MK xx EX LMT crosses up on crouching and standing. To block it he has to block the other way while crouching. Any special he can do will whiff and be punishable.

Fei Long: CL.MK xx EX LMT whiffs crouching or standing. Cr.lp, Cl.MK xx EX LMT crosses up both standing and crouching. Has to be blocked crouching the other way. DP’s whiff and are punishable. U1 whiffs and is punishable by our u1. lk/mk/EX Chicken wing get out, HK is stuffed. Even if the cl.mk hits, the LMT is still unblockable from stand or normal crouch block.

Adon: Cl.MK xx EX LMT Whiffs on crouching and standing. Cr.lp, Cl.MK xx EX LMT whiffs on crouching, Crosses up on standing. DP’s whiff.

Yang: Cl.MK xx EX LMT whiffs on crouching, crosses up on standing. DP’s whiff unless a very early reversal EX DP.

Various point block lights into EX LMT

Ryu: Cr.lp, Cr.lp xx EX LMT whiffs on crouching, Crosses up on standing. DP’s Whiff

Ken: Cr.lp, Cr.lp xx EX LMT whiffs on crouching, Crosses up on standing. DP’s Whiff

Seth: Cr.lp, Cr.lk xx EX LMT crosses up on crouching, has to be blocked standing or blocked crouching the other way. DP’s Whiff

Akuma: Cr.lp, Cr.lk xx EX LMT crosses up on crouching, has to be blocked standing or blocked crouching the other way. Cr.lp, Cr.lp xx EX LMT whiffs on crouching, crosses up on standing. DP’s whiff

Gen: Cr.lp, Cr.lp xx EX LMT crosses up on crouching, has to be blocked standing or blocked crouching the other way. All of his upkicks beat EX LMT

Sakura: Cr.lp, Cr.lp xx EX LMT crosses up standing, whiffs crouching. Cr.lp, Cr.lk xx EX LMT crosses up on crouching and standing. Has to be blocked crouching the other way. All reversals Whiff.

Oni: Cr.lp, Cr.lk xx EX LMT crosses up on crouching, blocked standing or crouching the other way. Cr.lp, Cr.lp xx EX LMT whiffs on crouching and crosses up on standing. DP’s beat EX LMT.

Yun: Cr.lp, Cr.lp xx EX LMT and Cr.lp, Cr.lk xx EX LMT Cross up on crouching, have to be blocked standing or crouching the other way. Up kicks beat EX LMT.

Juri: Cr.lp, Cr.lp xx EX LMT and Cr.lp, Cr.lk xx EX LMT cross up on standing, whiff on crouching. EX PinWheel whiffs

Dhalsim: Cr.lp, Cr.lk xx EX LMT crosses up on crouching. Blocked standing or if reverse crouch blocked.

M.Bison(Dictator): Cr.lp, Cr.lp xx EX LMT whiffs on crouching, crosses up on standing. Cr.lp, Cr.lk xx EX LMT Crosses up on crouching. Has to be blocked standing or reverse crouch blocked. All of his reversals make the EX LMT whiff. Cr.lp, Cr.lk xx MK LMT also crosses up on crouching. Has to be stand blocked or reverse crouch blocked.

DJ: Cr.lp, Cr.lk xx EX LMT crosses up on crouching, blocked standing or reverse crouch block. Loses to up kicks.

Cody: Cr.lp, Cr.lp xx EX LMT crosses up on crouching cody, blocked standing or reverse crouch block. reversals whiff.

Hakan: Cr.lp or Cr.lk xx MK LMT crosses up crouching, blocked standing or reverse crouch block.

E.ryu: Same as ryu

Guile: Cr.lp or Cr.lk xx EX LMT crosses up on standing, whiffs on crouching. Loses to reversal Flash kicks

Zangief: Cr.lp or Cr.lk xx EX LMT crosses up crouching or standing. Has to be blocked crouching reversed. Lariats beat EX LMT.

Vega: Cl.lk, Cr.lp xx EX LMT crosses up crouching. Has to be stand blocked or crouch blocked the other way. u2 auto corrects and beats us.

Balrog (boxer): Cr.lk xx EX LMT crosses up crouching or standing. Has to be blocked crouching reversed.

Adon: Cr.lp, Cr.lp xx MK LMT crosses up on crouching. Blocked standing or reverse crouch block. Dp’s will beat the LMT.

Yang: Cr.lp, Cr.lp and Cr.lp, Cr.lk xx EX LMT cross up on crouching. Blocked standing or reverse crouch block. LK DP beats EX LMT, the rest are stuffed or whiff.

Hugo: Cr.lp and Cr.lk xx EX LMT cross up on crouching, have to be stand blocked or reverse crouch blocked. You can also CL.HP xx HK LMT for a cross up on crouching. EX Back breaker and u2 stuff the LMT’s.